any 40 plus want to travel this journey with me?

Options

Replies

• Fit2morrow
    Fit2morrow Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    47 here - just returning to MFP after too many months away (and I have the excess lbs to prove it!)
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and 42. I have 120 pounds to lose. I have no idea how to friend request anyone, so you'll have to do it to me.
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone! I am 49 years old and have about 130 pounds to lose. Not gonna happen before I turn 50 in September, but I want to be so much better off by then..

I joined MFP a few years ago and had great success. Love the community and the food and exercise diaries. Fell off the wagon, though, and haven't had any success on my own. I'm BACK and ready to RUMBLE!

Please feel free to add me!

Blessings,
    Loree
  • a6ftdiva
    a6ftdiva Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    42 here and definitely finding it so much harder to lose weight at this age! I need to lose about 70lbs... My entire body is so different now I have a hard time figuring out what works for my new reality... (3 c-sections, divorce, surgery etc...)

Open to all ideas, suggestions and constructive criticism....

I sent you a FR!!

to everyone else looking for 40 something friends, feel free to add me too!
  • joojoogajoo
    Options
    I'm 42 and need to lose a whole bunch of weight. I am JUST starting so consider me your newest and noobest friend.
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will be 49 in a few weeks :):happy:
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Anyone may by all means feel free to add me, but I'm only in my 40's for 5 more months so you better hurry! :wink:

My diary's open and I log every day. I'm not necessarily looking to lose any more weight as much as I'm looking to maintain what little bit of muscle I have.
  • marcelladc
    marcelladc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am new here and looking to add friends.
  • clstone65
    clstone65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 48, a mom of 3 grown children, and a full time Office Engineer.

I coached myself to a 40-lb weight loss in 2007 and have not only kept the weight off, but have now run 40+ road races (5k to full marathon).

In the summer of 2012, I became a certified personal trainer. I currently train clients in the evening and on weekends. I still track my food & exercise to make sure I keep my own fitness in check!

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, please feel free!

Also, if you're in the Baltimore area and in need of a personal trainer, contact me! Fitness is my passion! :smile:

Cara
  • mom24uk
    mom24uk Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 45 and been overweight all of my adult life. I have tried lots of different diets but this time I'm just following my own plan. I've cut out most of my processed foods - I still have them occasionally - and I'm trying to exercise more. I want to improve my health, reduce some of the aches and pains I get now and reduce my risks of future obesity related health problems, though if I'm honest I'm also vain enough to like that I'm looking better and dropping clothes sizes. I'm trying to drag my family along on this healthier eating plan too. My three year old is happy but my OH and older kids are kicking and screaming lol. :ohwell:

I log every day and my diary is open to friends. Anyone feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • PHYLLISALEXIS
    PHYLLISALEXIS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HI Patty
    I am 50+ and would love to travel this journey with you. I am looking forward to losing this weight ( our common goal). I am just getting back on track as of today and this time will be successful.
  • ladyhawke6
    ladyhawke6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am just starting out too.
    I find it hard to get motivated to get off the couch so that's what I will be concentrating on initially - oh and putting the right amount of food in my gob!
    I need to lose at least 15kg so it would be great if we can help each other!
    Feel free to friend me too.
    Lets do it together :)
  • awaywiththeFairys
    awaywiththeFairys Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I`m 42 and would love to travel with you all as I been on this journey for a while now and need all the motivation I can get .
    I fall of the wagon quiet easily as I`m an emotional eater but getting better at dealing with stuff without grabbing the next chocolate bar or bag of crisps.Looking forward to seeing loads of posts of recipes and ideas for workouts.
    Feel free to add me
  • jellybean170
    Options
    Hi patty I'm 45 from Ireland feel free to add me ????
  • MyHealthyTemple
    MyHealthyTemple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HI, I am currently 43, soon to be 44! I lost a lot of pounds with MFP last year and saw my smallest weight in years, even to the point where I weighed less than my Husband who is very slim! Sadly, I have been unwell with low energy levels and stopped exercising then couldn't manage my eating (I exercised a lot and was used to eating back my work out cals). I ended up putting back on almost all the weight (minus one pound). Am now on a course of treatment to start sorting this problem out and so have renewed hope that I can tackle it again! Am now experimenting with different foods and different amounts and have lost a few pounds in the process which is encouraging. I am planning to walk on days when I have enough energy and in the future would like to swim again but it will be a while before I can exercise properly, so food management it is! Here's to all of us 40+ on our way to better health and successful weigh loss!
  • kimbles130190
    Options
    Hi patty :) I have just rejoined this group again after a long gap! I am 42 years young and want to lose 2.5 stone. I look forward to chatting to you and anyone else who wishes to. I'm just finding my way around this app as last time I used it, I only lasted two days. I need support so hopefully we can support each other. Hi everyone :)
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am almost 41 and a petite 5ft1! I have a rough goal of 50lbs though to be honest I haven't a clue what my goal should be as I only started weighing myself after I had my daughter over 7 years ago and have been yoyoing ever since!
  • CraziiMaddii
    Options
    I'm a bit late to the party, but I'd love to join the journey.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I’m 42, not overweight but still have goals to achieve and would be happy to give encouragement to anyone who needs it.
  • Linnie57
    Linnie57 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm 57 and trying to get serious about weight loss. I joined MFP awhile ago and just left it and have only returned in the past couple of days. I would love to join you in your journey and make some friends along the way....dieting is just so hard to do alone!
    I'm trying to log every day, and read the message board when I can. I don't have any friends on here yet, so please, all are welcome to add me - would love some company on this journey :smile: