clean desserts please!

Options

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Make your own and add your choice of seasoning. Low fat, low calorie.
  • cpdiminish
    Options
    You can make your own jello from fruit juice and unflavored gelatin. Should be just as easy as making packaged gelatin--same process, though some juices would obviously be better suited than others, and you may need to add some honey for more sweet.

Some baked goods contain less flour and sugar simply because they have a lot more vegetable content, such as pumpkin or carrot cakes/muffins.

I agree with a previous poster that popcorn can fulfill sweet cravings, though the calories can add up fast if you're popping with oil and using butter. Don't do microwave - too many chemicals.

Fruit smoothies freeze up pretty easily. I always make too much smoothie at a time and freezing helps it from going bad before I have a chance to finish it. I really wish I had some of those home-made popsicle molds for this purpose. I just throw mine into any plastic container and just let it thaw a little before eating. As long as your smoothies have plenty of fruit fiber rather than watery liquid, it won't freeze into a solid block.

Apples, just cut up into slices can be quite fulfilling, the crunch helping, and applesauce, though a little too sweet for my taste, is easy to store if unopened, doesn't have to be refrigerated so it can be ultra convenient on the go if you get single-serve containers. Not high in calories either.
  • fightdem
    fightdem Posts: 38
    Options
    Try your own protein bar

1 cup of instant oatmeal
    1 cup of protein powder
    1/2 cup of milk
    5 tbsp of natural PB

Mix all, put in freezer for a couple of hours.

P.s : the irony is i want to make this, but i dont have protein powder T.T
  • fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    banana ice cream, its sooo good! i like to mix in unsweetened cocoa powder and peanut butter
    tumblr_lmx2au6DNA1qigv9ko1_500.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I let myself have a plain rice cake with 1/2 a tbsp of natural organic peanut butter on top.

edit: oh and some banana slices on top as well

this makes me have the sadz...you consider that a dessert...wow...

How rude.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    berries - all kinds, fresh or frozen. And other fruits too. Low calorie and filling.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Everything you suggested I imagined myself licking off my plumbers chest... definitely not clean!
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Another vote for banana ice cream. Banana + cocoa powder. Banana + PB2. Banana + (also frozen) peach. Put some chocolate chips on top for extra yumminess.

Black bean brownies.
    Chickpea peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
    Google "paleo breakfast bread" - Elena's Pantry has a delicious recipe I have made up for desserts.

Basically anything you want, there is a "clean" version of it.
  • establishingaplace
    Options
    I don't understand this obsession with pureed bananas. That's not ice cream, that's baby food. :/

Frozen bananas run through a food processor take on a consistency of creamy soft-serve ice cream, not baby food.
  • runway12
    runway12 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think you guys have talked me into making my first batch of banana ice cream : )
    Another vote for banana ice cream. Banana + cocoa powder. Banana + PB2. Banana + (also frozen) peach. Put some chocolate chips on top for extra yumminess.

Black bean brownies.
    Chickpea peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
    Google "paleo breakfast bread" - Elena's Pantry has a delicious recipe I have made up for desserts.

Basically anything you want, there is a "clean" version of it.
  • fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this obsession with pureed bananas. That's not ice cream, that's baby food. :/

you don't know what you're missing out on! its way better than ice cream in my opinion
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I let myself have a plain rice cake with 1/2 a tbsp of natural organic peanut butter on top.

edit: oh and some banana slices on top as well

this makes me have the sadz...you consider that a dessert...wow...

^ Almost spit out my coffee!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

you don't know what you're missing out on! its way better than ice cream in my opinion

I tried it, and I wasn't sold. I love bananas, and I love ice cream, but that frozen banana stuff was not ice cream.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies,
    Cherry cheese cake,
    fruit crisp
    pies with ice cream

I had the best toffee pudding at a bar recently, the boyfriend did not get a bite.

All homemade with the very best ingredients.
  • ColtenMaverick17
    ColtenMaverick17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pudding. Reeses. Snickers. Jello. Fruit Snacks. Peanuts. Popcorn...so much clean foods..=)
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Almonds or Walnuts dipped in Nutella
    Nutella and bananas
    Ice cream - with or without Nutella

All of these have no flour - I'm assuming that is your definition of "clean" from your OP.

Why not just Nutella with or without any of the above? Grab a spoon! NOM NOM NOM. :love:
    nutella.jpg
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Eating pop-tarts in the shower.

This had me laughing out loud at work. Thank you!
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    Drsarasolomon.com. You will also learn about healthy relationships with food
  • moviestarsara
    Options
    While I eat anything and everything that I find yummy, I believe this fits into your definition of "healthy". And it is amazing.

rbk-healthy-ice-cream-5-de.jpg
  • establishingaplace
    Options
    While I eat anything and everything that I find yummy, I believe this fits into your definition of "healthy". And it is amazing.

rbk-healthy-ice-cream-5-de.jpg

WANT :love: