Why still nothing? Help me!

Options

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Please understand this- I log everything accurately. If a serving size is 1/2 tablespoon then I fill up my little measuring spoon and make sure it is right. If you are going to respond with "log accurately" then you didn't even read this. I have one cheat day a week, yesterday was mine. I haven't logged that day because I just woke up and have to transfer it from a piece of paper.
    then you must have a medical issue because if you are honestly only eating soup and a cupcake you should be losing, not healthy losing, but losing nonetheless
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You go to the gym 5 days a week and you eat UNDER 1000 calories.

There is your problem.
  • amieosia
    amieosia Posts: 20
    Options
    When it recomm1200, then why is 1000 so bad? It's almost the same thing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No, it's 200 calories different....
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are eating so little that this isn't sustainable. I don't believe in starvation mode, but I do believe that living off of less than 1000 calories a day will cause you to quit and binge. Bump up your calories so you don't feel deprived. Have patience and the pounds will come off. Add me if you'd like.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    And you arent always eating 1,000 and then you are working out on top of that.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

1200 calories is the bare minimum recommended for a sedentary woman and most people should actually be eating more than this. This has less to do with weight loss and more to do with making sure you're getting enough nutrients into your diet. It's harder to get enough protein and fat as well as the various vitamins and minerals your body needs if you're eating at such a low calorie level.

In addition to be deficient in something, the less you eat the more likely you are to lose lean muscle mass along with the fat. This leads to many dieters being disappointed with their new body shape once they reach their goal weight.

If you want to lose weight, and be healthy, and look great at the end of the process, then you should be striving to eat as much as possible while losing instead of as little as possible.

These are three really great posts that I think anyone new to the boards should read:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't look for advice when you won't accept what anyone is saying, especially the right advice.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You have asked for help, you have been given help and you are saying the help is wrong and you know better. What is the point?
    Don't know why I am wasting my time but here goes....

You need to invest in some digital scales. Nothing fancy. Weigh and log everything.

Eat more than 1000 calories.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Please understand this- I log everything accurately. If a serving size is 1/2 tablespoon then I fill up my little measuring spoon and make sure it is right. If you are going to respond with "log accurately" then you didn't even read this. I have one cheat day a week, yesterday was mine. I haven't logged that day because I just woke up and have to transfer it from a piece of paper.
    No but we looked at your diary and the sort of entries that you have entered are not accurate. It's that simple. You can either take advice from people who have successfully lost a lot of sustainable weightloss or continue down the 'I'm doing everything right' route. If you were doing everything right you would have lost weight and not written this post. Your choice if you take the advice but what you're doing is not working so what do you have to lose?
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    amazing how people come on this board and DEMAND help when there are so many topics devoted to the process. Food scale, logging, too little calories. Why not try searching instead of demanding? Please.
  • petefromguelph
    petefromguelph Posts: 84 Member
    Options

1200 calories is the bare minimum recommended for a sedentary woman and most people should actually be eating more than this. This has less to do with weight loss and more to do with making sure you're getting enough nutrients into your diet. It's harder to get enough protein and fat as well as the various vitamins and minerals your body needs if you're eating at such a low calorie level.

In addition to be deficient in something, the less you eat the more likely you are to lose lean muscle mass along with the fat. This leads to many dieters being disappointed with their new body shape once they reach their goal weight.

If you want to lose weight, and be healthy, and look great at the end of the process, then you should be striving to eat as much as possible while losing instead of as little as possible.

These are three really great posts that I think anyone new to the boards should read:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

And this helpful and caring poster has done the work for you and posted the links. This is your guide to success. That's it

(thanks diannethegeek)
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    1,200 is the minimum. Plenty of people on here are working with 1,400 or 1,800 a day. Add in the fact that for many people 1,200 is the NET they ingest (calories ingested - extra calories from exercise) they may have eaten 1,800 in actual food, but subtracting the workout, landed at 1,200.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Almost is not the same. 200 calories can be a small meal or nutritious snack. However, I'm not sure how tall you are, but you say you still have 40lbs or so to lose - that tells me that 1200 cal is too low for you. Even if you are sitting at a desk all day you're BMR is probably around 1400 or so (again depending on how tall you are). Now add exercise to this equation you are netting too low to maintain a healthy life/sustainable life!! Your cheat meals are working against you b/c you eat so little during the week. And after you get to your goal weight will you start eating normal again? If so - I'm certain you will gain weight back!! Then you'll start the vicious cycle all over again.

You've been given the advice and even other thread links that will give you additional information. This may not be the answers you wanted to hear, but you're the one who asked and we answered.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how simple the formula is. Eat less (better choices), exercise, then lose weight. Now, I'm not saying eat less calorie wise, I'm talking about the snacking, picking, eating that adds to your allotted calories for the day. When I REALLY started logging everything that went into my mouth, I was amazed at how many additional calories I added. I thought I did pretty good, until that point. Now I've got it under control. Plus the added benefit of moving my body has given me major progress.

I looked back through a couple of weeks of your diary. If you are logging accurately, then I see no reason why you shouldn't be losing. Because although your diet is not the best, the calorie intake is low enough that you should lose. And if you have that much weight to lose, then there is no reason why you shouldn't be.

I'm going to echo everyone else. Make sure you log accurately (amount, weight, EVERYTHING). Beyond that, I'd ask your doctor about reasons why you wouldn't be losing. You have your log of food and exercise, he should be able to help you formulate a plan.
  • ibjent
    ibjent Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    a toddler can eat more than 1000 cal. How old are you? You are coming across as very young and naive. Are you looking for quick fix or to be healthy in the right way?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

200 calories could be about 5 or 6 cups of raw broccoli, 35 medium celery stalks, 3 cups grapefruit sections with the juice, and the list goes on. Why deprive yourself of healthy food for the sake of 200 calories? Just examples of how much 200 calories would be, I wouldn't eat 35 stalks of celery in a day :laugh:
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You didn't eat at all yesterday? o_o hm I don't think that's good for you at all! And honestly I think you will lose more in the long run by upping to at least 1200.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH