• dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true

^QFT
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If you're that concerned, drink tea instead.

Diet soda isn't bad for you, btw. The internet is full of a lot of fear mongering and nonsensical garbage.

Amusingly, the oxalates in black tea make many people more prone to kidney stones.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If you're that concerned, drink tea instead.

Diet soda isn't bad for you, btw. The internet is full of a lot of fear mongering and nonsensical garbage.

Amusingly, the oxalates in black tea make many people more prone to kidney stones.

I prefer a black tea & diet soda cocktail with a dash of HFCS. What can I say, I like to live dangerously.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I suggest Diet Dr Pepper as an alternative to Diet Coke. Coke Zero is also especially nice.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    My advice - drop all of them. This is what I did. The difference I got was that while drinking Coke Zero, working out and following my calorie intake - I didn't lose. The moment I dropped it, without changing anything else (well two weeks after that), I started shredding inches.

Physically impossible. Diet soda does not in any way modulate your body's metabolism and does not affect weight loss.
    I'm quite sure regular Coke switched to fructose only all over the world a few years back

Categorically false. Coca-Cola Classic uses HFCS in the US, which is about half fructose. It uses sucrose (table sugar) in the rest of the world, which is... guess what, half fructose.
    but the sweeteners can screw up your metabolism just as badly as refined sugar.

100% absolutely false. Artificial sweeteners have no influence whatsoever on metabolism.

Also keep in mind that "sweeteners" come in many different forms. It would be the height of foolishness to think that such disparate chemicals as sucralose, aspartame, and saccharin would all have identical "screw up your metabolism" effects on the body.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Coke zero is a great alternative.

this.

and the vanilla and cherry varieties are excellent.

especially mixed. yum.
    The best is the Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero you can make with the Coke Freestyle Machines.

Coke-Freestyle-Machine.jpg
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Orange juice
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Orange juice

I prefer unicorn tears myself...coke zero with cherry in a pinch though.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned Diet Pepsi?

It is the choice of a new generation.

michael_jackson_dans_la_pub_pepsi_reference.jpg
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

this.

and the vanilla and cherry varieties are excellent.

especially mixed. yum.
    The best is the Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero you can make with the Coke Freestyle Machines.

Coke-Freestyle-Machine.jpg
    I frickin' love those things! If I had one, I'd never leave the house! :laugh:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

Diet Pepsi makes me want to repeatedly kick myself in my own nards.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Nope. Coke zero and diet Pepsi just aren't the same. There is no replacement for diet coke.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Diet Pepsi makes me want to repeatedly kick myself in my own nards.
    I actually prefer Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max over Diet Coke or Coke Zero. If we're talking regular soda, then Coke over Pepsi.
  • SarahWSU36
    SarahWSU36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, diet soda is not good for you. Sad, but true. I still drink it on occasion, but an alternative is iced tea or sparkling water with lemon or lime. It gives me the fizzy I am after.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Carrie and I'm addicted to Diet Coke. With everything I've read about it I know how bad it is for you and am trying desperately to cut it out. I drink a LOT of water at my desk all day long. But during meals I like to change it up a bit. I used to get Diet Coke with my lunch but now I'm trying to find a good alternative. I enjoy Vitamin Water but not sure it that is a good alternative either. Suggestions????

Coca Cola Classic! since you should have been drinking it all along!

Genius! :drinker:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Carrie and I'm addicted to Diet Coke. With everything I've read about it I know how bad it is for you and am trying desperately to cut it out. I drink a LOT of water at my desk all day long. But during meals I like to change it up a bit. I used to get Diet Coke with my lunch but now I'm trying to find a good alternative. I enjoy Vitamin Water but not sure it that is a good alternative either. Suggestions????

Here's one.

114428b.jpg
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yeah, diet soda is not good for you. Sad, but true. I still drink it on occasion, but an alternative is iced tea or sparkling water with lemon or lime. It gives me the fizzy I am after.

Please elaborate on why diet soda is not good for you?

I'll be here patiently waiting.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Easiest is to google and decide for yourself :
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=diet+soda+metabolism
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Did you read that on Dr. Mercola's site? I bet you did.

136134325638571251.GIF
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Easiest is to google and decide for yourself :
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=diet+soda+metabolism

I don't do scientific research at google's main search page, and the fact that you do says a lot about your understanding of the subject.