Diet Coke Alternative

Options

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    LeCroix. Flavored and fizzy but no sweeteners of any kind.

c4f2e17eac0bf86ec8ff0f4c3361a34e.png
  • TiLo0905
    TiLo0905 Posts: 34
    Options
    I actually cut back on diet coke for over a month when I got a keurig machine at Christmas...what a difference in how I felt! I still drink it now occassionaly, some meals just call for bubbles know what I mean? lol. Since then I have started shifting to clear sodas, no colorings. If I can see through it I will drink it. Sprite, even fresca, but lately ive been drinking sparkling fruit water like Free and Clear. Plus the cans are smaller so its better portion control.
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Orange juice

I prefer unicorn tears myself...coke zero with cherry in a pinch though.

HAHA!! By far my favorite answer!!! :)
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on my diet Coke consumption and replaced it with club soda mixed with lime juice. I'm mostly after the fizziness so it works.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't know whether diet Coke is "good" for you or not, or whether one can get addicted to it - but for me personally, I found it best to quit drinking it outright, mainly because I was treating it AS water. After all, it's got zero calories, zero carbs, just as good AS water, right?

Eh... I don't know about that. At one point I was drinking nearly a case a day of the stuff - yep, 24 cans. One for each hour, if you want to get technical about it. That's serious overkill. And I'd recommend that anyone quit eating/drinking something if it's up to that point.

A can or two a day probably won't be a big deal for most. For me, though - uh-uh, no, negative. I might have one here and there, but I have to treat it just like I would any other "target" food - it's an occasional treat, nothing more.

It's not inherently "bad" for you, though. No food or drink is "bad".
  • katiecairns125
    katiecairns125 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was suffering from sever stomach pains that the doctors could not explain even with countless tests. After my mother found an article about the sugar substitute did to you i stopped drinking diet pepsi. And i drank alot so it was hard but i have to say that within 2 days of stopping the pains have gone and not come back. I do 'treat' myself on occasion but will never go back to drinking it on a regular basis. I use a splash of fresh fruit juice to water if i fancy something sweet and sometimes use carbonated water for the sparkle. Otherwise i just drink water and a few cups of tea. Takes a bit of getting used to but so worth it.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I'm getting this in there before anybody mentions that diet soda is horrible for you because sodium.

It contains about 12 to 60 mg per 12 ounce can, or the equivalent of about 1/4 to 1 single egg white.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    PEPSICO-DIET-PEPSI-LOGO.jpg
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Do a quick Google search and you will find SEVERAL articles about the dangers of diet pop. Including anything from bloating, increase in appetite to diabetes and kidney problems. Granted, I'm sure my 2-3 cans a day aren't THAT harmful but if I'm going to adopt a healthy lifestyle I want to do it right. One or two occasionally isn't bad....but 2-3 a day could possibly be

My diet coke will be pried from my cold dead hands...

You can google lots of stuff about how it's fine as well...I drink at least 2 a day...

This. I love my Diet Coke and I'm not giving it up.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi Carrie. If it bothers you, just cut back gradually.
  • arthurcraig391
    Options
    Can I use Diet Green Tea as a water alternative? I do drink water (maybe not the recommended amount, but I do drink it) and I change that up with Gerolsteiner which is a sparkling water from Germany.

Incidentally, I *do* have a bottle of Coke Zero on top of the fridge which has been there for a couple of months now, and last night I dreamed that I drank some of it, rushed to my computer to find out the sodium content and add it to my food list. Guess this site must be working on me, huh?

I worked in radio during my college days and it was nervous habit, but some of us averaged 4 cans of Coke a day, so I've been avoiding it these days.

Thanks

Bill
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke w/ Lime
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Can I use Diet Green Tea as a water alternative
    Pretty sure you can do whatever you like. As far as I can recall, there are no MFP Minority Report police coming after you to make sure you don't log tea as water.
  • CherryRipe2012
    Options
    I used to have a pretty bad Diet Coke habit. For me personally, my dentist recommended that I avoid soda (diet as well as regular) because the high acidic content is bad for my teeth. Also, it tends to give me heartburn, again because of the acidity; and I've noticed that the carbonation makes me feel bloated (maybe that's why people think it makes you gain weight?), so I've cut back dramatically. I just always make sure that I have lots of water within reach, and enjoy the heck out of one when I do have it. (Added bonus: it produces excellent burps.)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
  • arthurcraig391
    Options
    Not what I asked, but I appreciate the reply.
  • Felina44
    Felina44 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use to drink diet coke but I found it to be so depleting and dehydrating. I thnk you just have to wean off of it. If you still need a caffeine hit I drink green or earl grey tea with stevia. And when I want something carbonated I drink seltzer water with fruit essence or synergy divine grape kombucha. I think diet coke once in a blue moon is ok but not every day. Hansens also has diet sodas that are moire natural. I try not to have more than one cup of black tea a day. I know some people need more but I find it often depletes me. Water is the best thing.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water. I will make a large pitcher with slices of ginger and apple in it and refill my water bottle throughout the day. When I am in the mood for something carbonated, I really like the LaCroix waters (especially coconut and pamplemousse).
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Not what I asked, but I appreciate the reply.
    I don't see how. You asked if you could, and I stated that there was nothing stopping you. The point is that as an adult, you can make that decision for yourself. Now if you would like specific information to help you make a better-informed decision, that would probably be best asked in specific terms that relate to the information in question.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    That's easy....................Diet Pepsi.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition