When did people notice your loss?

Options
I know, I know...it shouldn't matter what other people think but its great being complimented on all your hard work and thus far, no one seems to have noticed my 16 pound weight loss...(my stats are 5'0, starting weight 147.5, currently 132).....out of curiosity, when did people really seem to notice....

Replies

• mskraemerspeech
    mskraemerspeech Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised people have not commented! I'm sure people have noticed though! You must feel great! Maybe wear something to show it off? I would :)
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    All of sudden this week people started commenting - but I think they noticed a while ago - I guess I`m about 30 lbs down since Jan
  • sweetsorrow18
    sweetsorrow18 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I wish! Saw pretty much all of my family at a reunion this weekend after 4 months - and no one said anything...lol
    Don't get me wrong, I feel great and love how much I've accomplished and nothing changes that but it would be nice to know if it's not just all in my head and I don't have this skewed view of myself when I look in the mirror (which is that I think I look thinner than I really am)
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When you see the same people several times a week or everyday, it takes a while for them to notice because they've seen you so often! But I'm sure someone will say something soon, they notice eventually, not right away, but eventually they do ;) Congrats on your loss though, very well done!
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 25 lbs (5'5 from 178 down to 154 so far) and people just started noticing. Just a few people. Im hoping these next 10 pounds will really start being noticeable :D
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Took me about 30 lbs out of the 53 I've lost before people noticed. I'm 5'3.5" and started at 170 lbs.
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would have to say about 25 lbs is when I started getting comments on my weight loss.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    People started to notice after not seeing me for at least a couple months or so.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I wish! Saw pretty much all of my family at a reunion this weekend after 4 months - and no one said anything...lol
    Don't get me wrong, I feel great and love how much I've accomplished and nothing changes that but it would be nice to know if it's not just all in my head and I don't have this skewed view of myself when I look in the mirror (which is that I think I look thinner than I really am)

Did you wear something new or something that shows off your weight loss?
    One thing I found is that people might not notice if you still dress like you are carrying excess weight. People noticed my weight loss when I stopped wearing clothes to hide myself in.
  • marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    28lbs so far and noone's noticed yet...
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost 41 pounds and the only people who have said anything has been a few people who knew I was working on losing weight.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice my loss, was talking to someone and mentioned how much I did lose and my sister (who is a witch but replace the w with a b...) states, "where?"

It really is frustrating, and when someone does say something, I find it hard to believe them and think they're just trying to be nice.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I got two comments the week I hit 16lbs lost. However, I hadn't seen these people for over a week and I was wearing a smaller size sweatshirt than usual when they did see me. That's what really made me them see I'd lost weight, plus "fresh eyes" after not having seen me for a small while.

I am 20lb down now and a lot of people are noticing, though nobody's really saying anything to me (they ask my mother or sister about it). I think a lot of the time people are afraid of offending people and don't want to mention someone's weight!
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know what you're feeling. Unfortunately, I have lost 20lbs and people havent noticed my loss either. But eventually people have to notice so keep going and dont give up! (:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I believe more people are noticing than you think. Sometimes people don't say anything because they are either envious, speechless, or don't want to say the wrong thing. I know some have noticed though because I had a few friends talk to me about needing to diet. I think they didn't want to give me a direct compliment. Ha, ha, ha, ha. I'm okay with that though. As long as I'm fitting in smaller clothes, I'm happy. :smile:
  • kmr0293
    kmr0293 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    28lbs so far and noone's noticed yet...
    32 lbs here and no one has noticed
  • missraii90
    Options
    Concentrate on yourself. One of these days you'll get 100 compliments in a row. Some people are blind or don't want to say anything. You'll start turning heads soon. Also, winter just ended so maybe its because you aren't wearing bulky clothes anymore (if you live in my neck of the woods anyway)
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've observed from personal experience that the heavier I am, the longer it takes people to notice. When I lost weight the first time, in my 20's, I was still in the 100s and people noticed right away. Now that I'm unfortunately in the 200s, it seems like I have to lose 30 or 40 pounds for people to notice.

I do agree that sometimes a few people might notice sooner than the rest, they just don't say anything, because they aren't sure, because they are jealous, or because they don't want to appear creepy ha-ha...(one of my employers basically admitted that last one to me after I lost 40 lbs - he said he noticed but didn't want to cross a line in some way by mentioning it...)

It always used to make me sad when no one noticed. Now that I have MFP however, I'm hoping that coming to this site and talking about my loss will fill that need. I have plenty of people here to cheer me on. :)
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    No one started noticing for awhile or maybe they did but didn't say anything to me. Don't get discouraged with time it will come. Im actually around your height and started around the same weight, but didn't really get comments till I lost like 20 pounds I think. ( I did think that it would be more noticeable to other people since we are so short though) Keep it up! XD
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds in. Theyll notice
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!