Men... Which one do you like?

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I'm a female, but I'll still play.

Women - I'd like to look like the 25% girl, but I think anywhere from 15-30% looks great.
    Men - I prefer the look of anywhere from 10-20%, 15% being my preference according to the photos.

The lowest photo for both men and women are scary looking. No thanks. The 6-7% on the men's is also a bit much for me.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Guys - #3
    Girls - probably 2-3 maybe a 1.5 if they had one.
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    It's hard to tell from these photos as there are a variety of body types.

For women, I like the 30% best...but 25-35% looks good to me!

Men, 15-25%.
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    15-17 looks mighty nice.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you one thing, I don't look nearly that pretty at 25%-35%. Those ladies have some awesome "store my fat evenly and in all the right places" genetics.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    See I don't know maybe I'm delusional but I'm 48% but I think Im more shaped like 35%

Then you probably aren't 48%. What method are you using to calculate that? Do you have nearly half your body weight to lose?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you one thing, I don't look nearly that pretty at 25%-35%. Those ladies have some awesome "store my fat evenly and in all the right places" genetics.

Genetics are a factor. I"m at about 25% now and I'd say I look pretty similar to the image used here (I'm a little bigger in the hips I suppose) and at 30% I don't think I was too far off from the picture used here either. I think part of it is genetics and the part of it is LBM and part is just perception (People always seem to assume they're a much lower bodyfat than they actually are and that can mess up the idea of what things actually look like)

eg3lv64.jpg?2
    Me around 30% body fat.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I like woman :-)
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    this is a genius post... somebody needs to compile the results and let us all know what the outcome is...

truthfully, for me its anywhere between 30-40%, .... 35% looks just about perfect... :)

realistically - I'll take what I can get so 0-100% :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That's one of the many reasons I hate these threads and that chart.

And yet, here I am. :indifferent:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    All of them.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options

That's what I'm saying. I'm a male with roughly 20% but I store it all in the belly. Unfair I say! Unfair!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I mean it's just so odd to me how people take this to be real. As if there are only 9 different ways that a woman or man can look. And were these women and men measured or did someone just use these pictures to illustrate what they think.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,160 Member
    Options
    Women - 15 to 30%
    Men 10 to 15%
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

So true!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I mean it's just so odd to me how people take this to be real. As if there are only 9 different ways that a woman or man can look. And were these women and men measured or did someone just use these pictures to illustrate what they think.

It's kind of like this

15-percent-body-fat-female1.jpg

Two people can be at the same/similar points of body fat and look wildly different. Everyone is focused on body fat but ignoring the other side of the coin, lean body mass. Lady A has more LBM, thus has a more muscular appearance than Lady B.

Some people are saying they never looked like that at 25-30% body fat and I'm looking at it and going 'nah, looks about right.' Some of that is genetics and some of it is LBM. At 135+ pounds I am, for 5'3" a bit on the heavier side but I fit no problem into my size four jeans and size small dresses/skirts. Another woman my height and weight might be even smaller and some may be larger.

And that is the wonder of humanity/the human body. So diverse. So interesting. maaagic.
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think 20-22% looks good on women and probably 10-15% for men... of course, this is in general, cuz some people look different at those percentages than the pics here.
  • guppy1697
    guppy1697 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    prefer 20-25% for women. I'm between 20-25% on the male scale.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I prefer my women to have a head on their shoulders, and be able to use it. That lower part is negotiable. However, I am active so whatever their body, they need to like to be active as well. Most the time that meant fit.

And I am a 20% ish guy body wise.