Have you (can you) lose weight in your nose?

Xxoxo
Xxoxo Posts: 233
Wasn't sure which category to post this under… I guess it's "chit chat".

Anywhoo, I know when you lose weight your face usually gets smaller, but does your nose? I've seen before and after pictures and some people look like their nose got smaller/stayed the same, but some have a bigger nose. My nose is on the larger side and I'm just curious how it will look after I've reached my goal…. kind of scared it'll look bigger. What are you thoughts… experience?

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    O.o
    Hope not srs question.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Your nose is cartilage...
  • Xxoxo
    very serious I'm afraid

I know it's a cartilage, but can it shrink?
  • Sinisterly
    As the poster above you said, the nose is cartilage. Cartilage cannot be molded, unless shattered into many many many tiny pieces by a surgeon/accident.
    Pinching also does not work o.o
  • elusive_design
    Okay.. I suppose this deserves more than just that. As fat decreases certain features that do not do so may become more pronounced and I suppose if you have really chubby cheeks (which you do not) your nose could look bigger, I guess.. but it wouldn't actually be any bigger. If cartilage shrunk or grew with weight loss and gain there isn't a man alive who wouldn't seek to gain a few hundred extra pounds.
  • Xxoxo
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks you two. It was a silly question, I know, but I've been thinking about it all day. LOL.
  • elusive_design
    This is the Chit-Chat Forum, there is no such thing as a question to silly here!
  • Us girls wanna lose weight all over lol I'm so glad the nose can't get smaller cause I'd have nothing lol
  • Sinisterly
    Cartilage does not shrink. It can be clipped off by a surgeon/accident, but it does not shrink.
  • Xxoxo
    but don't you have fat on your nose too?

lmao
  • but don't you have fat on your nose too?

lmao
    ha ha ha
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Silly or not, good question to ask since well.... it's the center of your face! For me, my nose has shrunk. It was huge and bulbous before and started looking like a round ball. But as I've lost and my face thinned (I lost 50lbs. prior to this last run), it has gotten less round. I don't think my nose actually got larger or smaller, per se. I think it was more that my face was getting so round from fat before that it was bunching up around it. Like your collar bones. They are bones and don't change, but as you lose and that fat goes away, you can see them! Same with your facial features. My face looks more like it did in high school now, thankfully. Not because I miss high school, but because I look more normal! I had contemplated a nose job until I saw recent pics and realized my nose looked normal again. Yay weight loss!
  • Sinisterly
    ^lolwut
    no.

xiZpmZH.png
    ^What about his?

You just see it differently. Noses do not collect fat like the rest of the body. I've still got my nose and my huge dumbo ears and unless they're trimmed by a certified surgeon/some sort of body modification/an accident, they will remain the same.
  • elusive_design
    Sinisterly... I was going to bed before I saw that. Why couldn't that one picture be broken like the rest? DAMN IT ALL!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly... I was going to bed before I saw that. Why couldn't that one picture be broken like the rest? DAMN IT ALL!
    I'm not sorry!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Have a good night, however! :flowerforyou:
  • elusive_design
    :sad: :sad: :sad: You as well!

:flowerforyou:
  • Xxoxo
    Her nose didn't change at all that I can see

before-after-gayle-jordon-ss.jpg

or hers….

Before-After-Weight-Loss.jpg

but then there's these people…..

kyle-becky-before-after.jpg
  • Sinisterly
    The last couple is just a different angle.
  • Her nose didn't change at all that I can see

before-after-gayle-jordon-ss.jpg

or hers….

Before-After-Weight-Loss.jpg

but then there's these people…..

kyle-becky-before-after.jpg
    it looks like the lost weight around the nose
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    :laugh:

Thanks for the smile, interesting thing to ponder :smile: