Have you (can you) lose weight in your nose?

Options

Replies

• Xxoxo
    Xxoxo Posts: 233
    Options
    I just googled it (if your nose can get smaller, NOT nose exercises lol), and it turns out that your nose can swell from weight gain. Also, if you have chubby cheeks it can push your nose out more.
    Some people have said that their nose looks bigger, but I think it all depends on your face shape. If you have a slim face to begin with and you lose weight your nose might appear bigger, but if you have a fatter nose, it might get slimmer around the bridge, therefore making it appear smaller…. if that makes sense.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    after following Dr. Oz's weight loss guide:

Big-Nose-Celebrities.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just googled it (if your nose can get smaller, NOT nose exercises lol), and it turns out that your nose can swell from weight gain. Also, if you have chubby cheeks it can push your nose out more.
    Some people have said that their nose looks bigger, but I think it all depends on your face shape. If you have a slim face to begin with and you lose weight your nose might appear bigger, but if you have a fatter nose, it might get slimmer around the bridge, therefore making it appear smaller…. if that makes sense.

source please.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    In my experience when you are on MFP you can lose weight in your nose.

Let's say you are drinking 6 oz of rum and coke when you read something funny and it comes out yer nose. YOU JUST LOST 6 ounces of wait! WTG! WooHoo..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh7mYu1dFJVWMSLs94mzdCLG6fXjbPWLYmV_7ngXLdcdb3BNr9MQ
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    P4vbmlR.gif
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If you want to spot reduce that area, balance a q-tip on the end of your nose and crinkle it. 3 sets of 12 reps. Total fat buster!

But won't that make my nose bulky?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    okay i googled it, apparetnly you can get results like this
    rhinoplasty_a_28.jpg

by doing this exercise

Foundfootagefest-FoundFootageShowEp21WonderfulWomenOfVHS267.png
  • Xxoxo
    Options

source please.

ugh, actually the lady was pregnant, that's why her nose swelled. never mind that. BUT looking at Jewlz280's picture above, it's pretty convincing to me that your nose can get smaller after weight loss.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    What is happening here?

Foundfootagefest-FoundFootageShowEp10FaceAerobics202.png
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    NeverCatchYourBreath Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just wanna ask what your goal is. Judging by your pics you look like you're at a pretty healthy weight and it doesn't seem like you'd lose much fat in your face to make your nose look bigger anyway...
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread has made me gigglesnort over and over. Bravo to all of you for the ever helpful information! :laugh:
  • Xxoxo
    Options
    I just wanna ask what your goal is. Judging by your pics you look like you're at a pretty healthy weight and it doesn't seem like you'd lose much fat in your face to make your nose look bigger anyway...

Well the second pic in my profile is when I weighed around 130 (which is my goal). I weigh 170 now @ 5'7". lol
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your nose gets fatter when you are pregnant, but that might just be swelling.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yes I can definitely see the difference!! Your nose bridge also looks more narrow in the second picture.
    btw, I'm in love with your hair!!

Thanks! I really love it. This is the longest it has been in a long time and the color mix (Peacock Peek-a-boo) was something fun and different to do during the Winter for a little pick-me-up.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Op, these are some programs you could do:

Starting Nose
    The New Rules of Lifting For Your Nose
    Strong Nose

:wink:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Your nose is cute OP. Don't be weird.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Nose squats, Nose Lifts, and Nose Thrusts.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Do ten sets of 10 nose burpees every day.

noseburpees_zpsf447885b.gif
  • Xxoxo
    Options
    Your nose is cute OP. Don't be weird.

Not trying to be weird… just wondering…. and thanks haha
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Your nose looks fine. You can't really lose weight/appearance from your nose, and not everyone loses weight from their face in the same way to alter the appearance of your nose.

Look into contouring with makeup. That can dramatically slim down the appearance of your nose. Not that I think you should; learning to love yourself is key, and your nose really does look fine. Not even objectively big, imo.

Buuut, contouring might help you feel more confident. Looks like you have a bit done in your profile pic? You can do it more dramatically, if that's the look you're going for.