Any Late 20s girls...

Options
Gaaya3
Gaaya3 Posts: 13 Member
I'm turning 29 in just under two weeks...only one more year in this decade and I want to leave it behind looking my best. I'm starting this post to hopefully gain some friends here on MFP, as I hear it's a great motivator.

I've been around the "weight loss" block a couple (admitedely more) times and I really don't want to let go of the motivation this time.

I've been living in NYC for the past 6 years. My job takes up a lot of my time but I'm learning to leave more and more time for myself. Joined the gym and exercising 3 to 5 times a week. I live with two roommates (close friends) and barely cook my own meals (Lean cuisines, subway, eat out, etc, while trying to stay within the calorie limit). One of my roommates can eat all she wants and not gain an ounce, so I have to watch out when we go out to eat!

So, here I am, 12lbs down and just over 50lbs to go and 20lbs from being under 170, which I haven't seen in my adult life :(. I would love to go through this with others here on MFP, so drop a post and let's be friends and encourage each other :).

This should be the best time of our lives ladies!

Replies

• svandever101585
    svandever101585 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will be 29 in October and My goal is to hit 30 at the best shape of my life. I am getting there. 11 months ago I started trying to lose weight and so far I am down 77 lbs. I am 35 lbs from my initial goal weight. Once I hit that I will reevaluate my goals. I am always accepting new friends to join me on this journey. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 on 15th August and getting married then too!! Doing what I can for the wedding starting today but I'm not stressing to get to a size 8 for it. I have set my initial goal for 2stone or 28lbs and will go from there, do weight training and running so want to be strong and fit rather than just skinny.

Don't know how you manage limiting calories by eating out loads, I always seem to go mad ! Any tips ?!?

Il pop over a friend request and hopefully we'll all help each other hit 30 feeling fab :)
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    hey i'm 29 and working for long term fitness and health

happy to have new friends who want to join the journey
  • louise486
    Options
    Hi, I've just started again with my diet and fitness. Not quite 29 yet but certainly getting there - hoping I can drop around 40lbs.. Do you think its best to set goals? (i.e. lose 15lb by a certain date)
    Any advice would be great. Thank you
  • perky29
    perky29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be turning 30 (yikes!!) in August and want to look my best for the big day or should I say big night ;)

I've lost 8lbs so far but need to shift another 13 or so in 3 months. So yeh, add me up if you like. More friends = more motivation x
  • vtotheicky
    vtotheicky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to what you're going through. Feel free to add me :)
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This could be me! I am hitting the big 3-0 next summer and, like you, want to leave the decade in as good a shape as I entered it, if not better. My initial goal is to drop 25lbs from now, after which I'll re-evaluate and see if I can drop a further 10lbs.

So yes, please add me everyone and we can encourage each other along the path!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29. Trying to get fit for the first time in my life. Feel free to add me.
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Currently 28 and getting married in three months. I'm not going to reach my GW by my wedding but I'm ok with that, I'm in for the long haul.

I hope to enter my 30s fitter and healthier than I've ever been.

Feel free to add me! :)
  • buttondown
    Options
    I'll be 29 in August and am looking to become fitter and healtheir. i'm on a Roller derby team and joined the day after my 28th birthday and really want to be more athletic and a better derby player too.
  • mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll be 28 in August, and I have been working on losing this weight for a couple of years. Feel free to add me. My goal is to have lost the remaining 50 pounds before I hit 29.
  • marpoindexter
    marpoindexter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just turned 28 and just had twins 15 months ago. I lost 25lbs and I'm in the best shape I've been since highschool.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and I'll be 27 in August.

I've been seriously using MFP for almost a year now, and I'm down 38 pounds. I'm 10 pounds away from being in the "normal" BMI rage.

I started running in January, and I'm hoping to complete several 5K races this summer and perhaps an 8K in September if all goes well!

Please feel free to add me. Always love having some similar people to share this with!
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! 29 and 30 in less than 2 weeks! ready to go up to the 3rd floor as healthy as possible!! <3
  • kharral86
    kharral86 Posts: 63
    Options
    Im currently 27 and will be 28 in july. My goal is similar to yours. By the time im 30 i wanna look good feel good and maintain a healthier me. My highest weight was 230 im currently 150 i have 20 pounds left to lose. Feel free to add me. Im always in need of more friends for support :)
  • PS85UK
    PS85UK Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello :-)

I'll be turning 29 in June and my goal is to get back on track with healthy living in order to be ready to make the most of my dirty thirties. New to this site and looking forward to finding like-minded people!
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    28 with not a lot to lose here, but want to be a lot fitter and firmer! Happy to support each other on here xx
  • picklesroofus
    picklesroofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 2 and a half weeks ago :)
    My wt loss goal is around 33 lbs total
  • saltinveins
    Options
    hey there! I'm not in my late twenties just yet, but I've noticed this year that my body is starting to change. I'm putting on weight much more easily than I used to, and although I've never been slim, I think I need to check myself. I'm a graduate student, so I spend a lot of time sitting and reading and writing...hasn't been good for my health, I must say. would love to join you on this journey -- feel free to add me!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm turning 28 this July, and I live in Jersey. (Please don't hate me! We're not ALL bad! XD) I'm in no way a "clean" eater either - I find room daily for cookies. :P Feel free to add me!