Any Late 20s girls...

Options

Replies

• JessicaB523
    JessicaB523 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 27... Not sure if that's classified as mid or late 20s, but who cares about semantics?

Anyone can feel free to add me. I've just recently gotten serious about getting in shape/losing weight and have found that supportive friends make all the difference.
  • johnson121810
    Options
    I'm 26, turning 27 in August... I would love some friends to help motivate me, too! Please add me as a friend!!! :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Just turned 29 and not amused one bit.
    .-. LOL
  • mapela219
    mapela219 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, and keep restarting on my fitness regime. I just can't seem to stay motivated, so any help from your girls would be wonderful!
  • gueritachula22
    gueritachula22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    WELL I'M 25 SO I'M IN THE MID TEWNTYS BUT I RELATE TO THIS VERY MUCH I'M AT WORK 9-6 AND WE EAT OUT ALMOST ALL THE TIME I'M AT MY HIGHEST WEIGHT OF 254 AND I WOULD LIKE TOO LOSE 80LB BUT I'M A YOYO DIEATER I DROP IT AND SOON AS I SEE I'M LOSING I STARTING EATING BAD AGAIN HOPEFULLY WITH SOME MOTIVATION I CAN REALLY LOSE WEIGHT
  • Shaylaurkoski
    Shaylaurkoski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will also be turning 29 in about 2 weeks! Yikes! I have been on my weight loss journey for a little over a year now with about 35 lbs lost. I have been struggling lately and could definitley use some new friends for encouragement and advice! Please add me! :flowerforyou: I am hoping to reach my goal of 125 by the end of the summer! CW is 144 so I have about 20 lbs to go! We can do this!!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 :wink:

Actually 31. But I went through the same thing when I was 28, decided I needed to change some things about how I was living.
    I'm doing things now I never dreamed of but still going, if anyone would like to add me...I've been there.

So GO FOR IT LADIES!! :drinker:

P.S. I'm planning on being "29" for a while.... :wink:
  • Rowberta
    Rowberta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I turned 29 in October and am really adament about losing at least 40 by my 30th!!! Time flies so i need to push myself! i started walking with my husband monday and that is our plan before we head to work and doing some more activity when i i get home from work. I need to focus on eating less carbs as i have pcos and insulin resistance and i do not want to end up being diabetic. i just downloaded a training schedule for couch to half marathon regimen.. hope to start!!! my bucket list included a full marathon and although i have a ways to go.. at least i am taking the first step! good luck ladies!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 28, and I'm with you I want to be as healthy as possible and get into the habit of working out and eating healthy before it becomes a struggle to change my ways.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Just turned 28 and can totally relate! Feel free to add me!
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 29...about to be 30 in August. I can't say I am a yo-yo dieter cause to be honest I put the weight on and never really truely tried to get it off. It is now time for it to go away and hopefully I don't become a yo-yo dieter! I have over 100lbs to lose but I am completely optomistic and know I will get there oneday and look back like "wow that didn't take as long as I thought it would...should've started sooner!" Good luck to you and we can totally be friends!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 29 and had a similar goal. I was overweight my whole life and I wanted to say that I was in the best shape of my life at SOME point in my 20s! It took me 9 months, but I lost 30lbs and met my goal at 28. I've been maintaining since March 2013 and will be celebrating my 30th birthday this summer in the best shape of my life! Feel free to add! I'm here every day.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 29 and holding...I feel ya!

Okay, I'm actually 32, but don't tell anyone!
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am 27. Weighing in around 220 right now and would love to be in my mid 100's by the time i hit 30. I think my GW is around 150. Currently I am working 2 jobs and I live with my girlfriend. Shes a slim 125 and eats late night delicious dinners. Its hard to stay thin when you are with such an amazing southern style cook! I understand the struggle! Feel free to add me.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 and will be turning 30 in July. Feel free to add me! I currently weigh 215 and am looking to reach my goal weight of 140.
  • babebabeba
    Options
    hi! I'm 27 and I can definitely, DEFINITELY see a difference in how my body processes food (and holds on to it in my thighs, hips, butt, arms, stomach...) I ended up going through some old clothing I haven't tried on in over a year, and it was NOT GOOD.

Normally I would say I'm not out to lose weight, I'm out to gain strength and fitness... but honestly, I have some cute stuff that simply does not fit right now that I'm not entirely willing to give up. I know I need to make some changes, so hence starting again with MFP.
  • prettyhaze
    Options
    I'm turning the big 30 this july! :) I can't believe that I am not in my 20's anymore few months from now but loving it. So funny cos every time my hubby and I eat out and i usually love to order a ladies drink like bahama mama that I currently had in apple bee's and the waiter/waitress always asked for my ID, I look younger than my age, don't know if it's a good thing or not.hahaa I have been to this site on and off but now i am back and have been logging in continuously for 12 days. my weight before I came here in USA was about 100-105lbs and lately I am now 111lbs but when i measure my neck, waist and hips, is the same measurement since last year.haha little weird! I am exercising on and off but for the past 12 days I have been exercising religiously. :) also I joined the site because my hubby needs to lose weight so we are doing this together. :) good luck to all of you! :)
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29 a few days ago :)
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I just turned 28, and for some reason this was the birthday that hit me I'm staring down the barrel at 30. I was happy to see a late 20's post since its usually 30s or 20s skewing toward college age. I've had alot of false starts, but I'm ready to lock it down and would be happy for any new friends to keep me motivated.
  • nattiebear84
    Options
    I'm in the same situation... Hitting the big 3-0 at the end of the year. Every time I got on the scales they just went up and up by another pound. So I have decided to do something about it. It's been really hard as I love food but I am starting to realise that you can't just eat whatever you want all of the time...especially as what I want is a big burger and fries! I've found it difficult living with my boyfriend who just seems to eat whatever he wants and doesn't gain an pound plus when I dish up dinner both our portions tend to be the same size!

Hopefully I can keep up my motivation. I'm on holiday from work at the moment so it's easy to exercise whenever I want and plan what to cook. I'll just have to be super organised when I get back to the real world.

Good luck reaching your goals guys :happy: