Tell me words you can't pronounce correctly.

Options

Replies

• _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Wolf. For the life of me I can't sneak that darn "L" in there it comes out like woof. And yet, ironically, I can pronounce wolves just fine lol
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    interminable. deficit.
  • kaaaaylee
    Options
    aluminum
    Massachusetts
    cinnamon

Aw, my state <3 just call it MASS and all your problems are solved!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Car, park, yard... the Boston accent just kills it.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Abominable. I actually think I say it correctly, but it feels so weird. Usually, my biggest challenge is when I learn words by reading them and then pronounce them incorrectly; when I was a kid, I said "clan-des-tine" instead of "clan-dest-in" for clandestine.
  • kaaaaylee
    Options
    new englander here boston bred

blinker = "blinkah"
    soda = "pop"
    car = "cah"

lol

I have gotten better at correcting through out the years but sometimes i cant control it :ohwell:

Wait but soda is soda...and I'm born and raised in MA myself.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    My hubby has trouble with the word aluminum :) I think it's adorable
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    In a legal proceeding a while back, I had a witness saying "pacifically" instead of "specifically." Embarrassingly, because everything that goes on a legal record is supposed to be exactly what was said, I debated writing "pacifically" even though he was really just mispronouncing the word "specifically." I honestly don't remember what I chose to do with that. I sincerely HOPE I wrote "specifically".

For myself, the middle name of the guy I had my longest relationship with was "Laurence", said with the French pronunciation. For whatever reason, I could never, ever say it properly. I can't remember what reason I ever had to say it out loud, but it came up a few times and I could never pronounce it. Weird.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options

blinker = "blinkah"
    soda = "pop"
    car = "cah"

lol

I have gotten better at correcting through out the years but sometimes i cant control it :ohwell:

Yup, soda is definitely soda (or sodah). What's with the pop lol? Feeling the New England struggle.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i was 8 or 9 before i could say "perfume" correctly. it was "pew-firm." :blushing:
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My hubby has trouble with the word aluminum :) I think it's adorable

this is always a biggy here, on the box American programmes often use what sounds like ALOOMINUM and here it's ALU(YOU)MINIUM I have trouble with Slazenger (but only when I've had a beer)
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I'm from the south...apparently there's a lot of words I can't pronounce correctly.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My 2nd son could not do Bolognese (sauce) or Microwave......so he would say, please heat up the bogonaize in the Michaelwave !
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    This just started recently - when I want to say orchid my brain says orchard.
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options

blinker = "blinkah"
    soda = "pop"
    car = "cah"

lol

Yup, soda is definitely soda (or sodah). What's with the pop lol? Feeling the New England struggle.

I'm Canadian. It's pop.
  • SweetestDisaster
    Options
    validity..... gets me every time!

i want to say valid-ity lol
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As an American expat living in the UK, I get told there are LOTS of words I can't pronounce correctly. :|
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    from hearing my mom talk about the way my brother used to say it when he was little..... I tend to say

"to con be tinued" instead of "to be continued"
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    If I speak Spanish I can't seem to pronounce any word with the letter R. I can't seem to roll the R's correctly lol Only when speaking Spanish though.