Prefilling MFP?

Options

Replies

• redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I also plan the day either the night before or that morning. That way I know exactly what I'm eating and what the calorie count is. I sometimes skip Saturday or Sunday planning, not both days. But I do still log what I eat, just don't plan. If something changes, I adjust my later meals and snacks to try to stay within my range :) I don't usually do the whole week...my schedule changes too much with my kids.

Planning leads to success!!! For me anyway!
  • CookieNom
    CookieNom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put in what I'm having for dinner whilst on my lunch at work! I like seeing what I'll have left for treats :)
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Always. I've got my 'treat' takeaway planned in already for Saturday night....ha ha.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes I try to fill out my whole day for tomorrow the night before. It helps me to see what I need to pack for lunch and snacks and reminds me what I am going to do for dinner. and it's easy to change if I have to make other plans. It's the only thing that really keeps me on track!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Does anyone prefill your food into MFP on a daily basis? Sort of like mapping out your caloric intake and trying to stick to it? I find myself doing this and then if something changes I just update it. I was wondeirng if anyone has any comments/concerns/advice on this?

I do the same, I usually know what I am going to eat because I bring my lunch to work. I will tweak it if I change something. It's been working for me so far.
  • yallllah
    yallllah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do this for 2 ~ 4 days in advance.

For the very first time I've set actual macro goals, and this really helps with seeing how to meet those goals within my calorie budget.

Since I prelog/preweigh as much as possible, if I get the munchies at night I just dip into breakfast for tomorrow. (IE: have a bite of my pre-made smoothie, have half the cheese from my omelette, etc). That type of planning means my snack doesn't have any effect on my overall weekly averages. So no guilt :o) I'd say I do that once a week.

Does anyone else do this?
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I log my entire day in the morning while making lunches and getting things prepped for dinner. I like to know what my day looks like and make sure that I balance out my macros. :smile:
    Plus I have found it lets me see if I can fit in a treat or extra snack which is always nice to look forward to maybe some Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt in the evening.
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I see it on the screen and think oh hell no....and change what I was going to eat lol I sometimes put it what I know I am having tho so I can tell myself no I don't need that it isn't on list :)
  • WaynesGurl
    WaynesGurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    good idea using it to pack for next days lunch.
  • MelissaA007
    MelissaA007 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will prefill for dinner so I have an idea of what I can do for lunch.
  • MelissaA007
    MelissaA007 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will prefill for dinner so I have an idea of what I can do for lunch.

Same here. I plan my dinner early so I know what I have to budget for the rest of the day. Keeps me from "falling off the wagon".
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't pre-log days in advance but by the time lunch comes around I usually log what I'm planning on having for the rest of my day to make sure I'm hitting my protein macro and not over doing my carb macro. I also make sure that I log food before I actually eat it to make sure I'm not blowing my day in 3 bites. This has saved me from making bad food choices over and over again!
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do this to help me plan out my calorie intake. Also helps me to see whether it is ok for me to eat a particular treat occasionally within sticking to my calorie goals.
  • hscheuerman
    hscheuerman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    YES! I have found it a great way to stick to my plan/goals. I have lost 18 pounds in 6-1/2 weeks and couldn't have done it without this tool. When I don't plan my meals for the day (i.e., weekends), I find myself nibbling and guessing. When I do plan for the day, I tend to stay on track and focused. Guess I should start doing this on the weekends, too.
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    When I first started, no I did not..but now I do. It helps me plan out my day. I already meal plan 2-3 weeks out, for dinners at least. so each morning I will pre-fill what I expect to eat that day..I can always change, take away or modify..but it helps me see where Im at and where I can adjust, if needed. I think, IMO, if you DONT do this..its easy to under or over eat.
  • xenoa
    xenoa Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do it at the beginning of each day while having my first cup of coffee, it helps me to stick with my daily goals. Sometimes few things change here and there but I have a big picture on how to fit it all in.
  • helloreenie
    helloreenie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yes! especially if i packed lunch or snacks for work ahead of time.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, not always. If I know what I want to eat that day I plot a rough plan that is slightly lower in calories than my goal and make changes along the way as the day goes by, then treat myself at the end of the day if I have calories left.
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I try to do it everyday that I can, but especially on days I have to do lower calories to keep me on track!
  • Onedayslimmfp
    Onedayslimmfp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my next day's diary the night before, always ensuring I build my snack in. I then tweak as and when I need to.

Generally weekends are the most difficult for me as we're either out shopping or at home doing the house work and don't seem to have the time to plan ahead only for our evening meal. However I do like to stay within my calories :smile: