Prefilling MFP?

Options

Replies

• GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I pre-fill every day while having my morning cup of coffee.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's called pre-logging. I've done it. It worked for me.
  • autoee
    autoee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I prefill prior to eating almost everything now. I look at it being proactive instead of reactive. There are a number of times that I've decided to pass on something because I was going to be over my calorie intake or had to much sodium. I also use it to plan my weekends when we might go out to dinner.
  • discobarbie1971
    discobarbie1971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes pre logging helps me. I also commit to going to the gym by logging an estimated burn. I think in 94 days of logging I have only deleted one work out that never happened.
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize I could when I first started and soon had a surprising misstep eating out at a neighborhood restaurant (with a salad!). Happily a thread similar to this popped up about that time so I embraced this trick and have pre-logged every since, usually several days ahead while I'm at it. Turns out for me it's been one of the most helpful tips for success :smile:
  • eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    oh yeah been there done that

ate a leftover donut last week and THEN looked at the info on the packet , S++T !!! half a days calories almost and more carbs than i want for the whole day AAARRRGGHHHH .
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    About 60% pre-logging and the rest after I eat.

My saying is always...whatever works for you!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I often sit down in the morning and pre-log for the day's main meals. That way I can be flexible about my snacks based on what I am craving, and if I've hit my macros. Today as I was pre-logging, I noticed I was really low on my protein - which could easily derail me because I find (for me personally) that I get more tempted to snack when I don't get enough protein. So I adjusted my meals and snacks a bit until I found a good balance.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    It's called pre-logging. I've done it. It worked for me.

Not allowed to pre-log on MFP it is against the rules.......hehehehe...old loggers joke NVM......*crickets*
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I always prelog that way I can plan what to have. If I know my dinner is going to be heavy in calories I can adjust.
  • Vermilliana
    Vermilliana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I find its easier than doing it at the end of the day and keeps me on track better. I pre-log my workouts too so that I Have to do them...I feel guilty if I lie :laugh: It also helps me figure out how to adjust my diet/exercise properly when I need to.
  • Seifkar
    Seifkar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I pack my breakfast and lunch and then leave dinner open because that is sunbject to change. If I don't eat something or eat something that wasn't in my lunch I adjust it. It works well for me.
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Yes, usually it's one of the first things I do at work. I log what I had for breakfast that morning and whatever I brought for lunch or snacks for that day.

^^^Me too^^^
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i eat the same foods everyday right up til dinner... so i pre log right to the 5 30 mark then fill that in afterward. works for me!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nope, I never pre-logged my food when I was losing, and I don't do it now that I am in maintenance either. I have an idea of what I am going to eat, but since most of my meals are recipes for two, and I seldom eat the same thing day after day, I need to weight and measure all the ingredients. I log everything either when the food prep is done or as soon as I am done eating the meal.

I feel that pre-logging will make me more OCD about the whole thing. I have enough of that already, so we need to do what works for us.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Every day where possible.

I find it to be a little more difficult on the weekends.

This.
    I'm happy during the week because I have everything planned out - we also have a glass board that we write down dinner and who's cooking what at home for the week. It helps with logging but also with shopping lists and sticking to them.
    I'm not much of a fan of surprises and I like my food. So I don't like not being able to fit something in that I want because of surprises! If I go over because of not planning, I will still eat, but I will ***** about it all night lol.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Never, because I don't stick to any kind of plan or schedule as to what I eat or when.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I pre-log. I am still new at this so can't always guess calories correctly in order to plan my day. One day I didn't pre-log and I figured "oh, the cheesecake is probably only 350 calories, it's fine" and I logged it afterwards and it was 777! Gah! If I had logged it beforehand, I would have known to serve it into more portions. So I learned my lesson!

I don't pre-log exercise though, I like that little notif coming up on my feed after I have worked out, makes me feel good :)
  • Alexandra_S
    Alexandra_S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning before work. Planning is important. This way I can see if I'm writhing the limits and if my macros are OK. If I have to eat something different from what I planned I just update the diary. I think filling your diary before your meal is even better, this way you can be sure how much you eat.
  • exuberantself
    Options
    Definitely! I fill my meals up every morning and pack my lunch (dinner) box full up to my calorie goal. That way I know I won't accidentally start snacking on french fries, or (my big problem) just not eat at all.