There is no magic diet….

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

I fight for the right of pizzas everywhere.

Pizza is pizza. Cauliflower is cauliflower. Cauliflower crust =/= pizza crust no matter what sauce you drown it in and it is not a holier than thou way to lose weight. It is a miserable way to do it.

maybe that should be our next thread…."real pizza does not have cauliflower crust" I am sure that would cause some mind blown but hurt...

You don't want to go there... But if you do, make sure I'm online!!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad everyone agrees, but I don't know if this is being "broken" to me. I mean, since I was new here, I've had people cram that sentiment down my throat and tell me what an idiot I am for not knowing it. I''m sure I'm not the only one and I doubt there are lots of folks on here who feel this way. If they do, they usually leave a forum post saying, "Magic diet? What do you think?"

As for the eat whatever you want, you tell me how you're feeling twenty years down the road. I understand it works for weight loss, but not cancer, heart disease, the vast majority of what's killing westerners.

That said: CICO, yes.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is that you want a Dr. Oz t-shirt to train in?

yes, please send ASAP
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

Pizza is pizza. Cauliflower is cauliflower. Cauliflower crust =/= pizza crust no matter what sauce you drown it in and it is not a holier than thou way to lose weight. It is a miserable way to do it.

maybe that should be our next thread…."real pizza does not have cauliflower crust" I am sure that would cause some mind blown but hurt...

If I served Nonna Maria up cauliflower crust 'pizza' it would become a face mask and a new dress for me pretty quickly....along with a flurry of evil Italian words that I dare not type.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Well, I'm glad everyone agrees, but I don't know if this is being "broken" to me. I mean, since I was new here, I've had people cram that sentiment down my throat and tell me what an idiot I am for not knowing it. I''m sure I'm not the only one and I doubt there are lots of folks on here who feel this way. If they do, they usually leave a forum post saying, "Magic diet? What do you think?"

As for the eat whatever you want, you tell me how you're feeling twenty years down the road. I understand it works for weight loss, but not cancer, heart disease, the vast majority of what's killing westerners.

just spreading a little 9000 post knowledge …

As far as my health, I am a seven year cancer survivor and at last physical my health is almost perfect based on blood work and other health markers..

So you are saying that some ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc could lead to cancer, heart disease, etc?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Amen people!

If I served Nonna Maria up cauliflower crust 'pizza' it would become a face mask and a new dress for me pretty quickly....along with a flurry of evil Italian words that I dare not type.

bhahahaha, I would get a wooden spoon to the face, knuckles, and rear…!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Agree...but.......I'm constantly saying whatever works for YOU. Also.....I don't use the word diet. Diet equals short term to me.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to you folks, but there is no "magical diet" that is going to "melt off" the fat. So many times we see people in the forums saying I need to do low carb, keto, paleo, this cleanse, that cleanse etc, because they say that calorie deficit is not working for them.

Then, upon closer examination you usually find that these folks do not consistently log, do not have a food scale, are over estimating calorie burns, or something else.

One can lose weight on paleo, keto, low carb, etc, but that does not mean they are superior to a good ole fashioned calorie deficit, because at the end of the day all these methods - keto, low carb, etc - are just tools that one uses to create a calorie deficit. No matter what you may think, trust me you are not the one person in the known universe that defies that laws of math and can eat in a positive energy balance and lose weight just because you are eating the "right foods".

Just because you lost weight restricting certain foods like carbs, sugar, etc, that does not mean that they are "bad", it just means that you replaced calorie dense foods with less calorie dense ones and created a deficit by restricting those whole food groups. At the end of the day, you can eat what you want and have success.

We did not get obese over night and we are not going to get fit/healthy/athletic over night either.

My suggestion;

eat in a reasonable deficit = 500 cals per day.
    get a food scale and weigh measure everything
    log everything that you eat and be consistent
    use trial and error to figure out your maintenance TDEE
    move around more < my personal suggestion would be lift heavy using compound movements but that is not for everyone.
    if you like cardio do it, if you do not like cardio do not do it…
    a common macro setting is 40p 30f 30 carbs < those are percents…
    restrict nothing and continue to eat the foods that you like...
    sugar and carbs are not the devil …

there are no special snowflakes….even if you have a medical condition you are going to need to create a negative energy balance to lose weight, but getting there will be more difficult….

Oh and feel free to do low carb, keto, paleo, etc….just don't say they are 'superior' or that you ate in a deficit before, lost no weight, and then switched to low carb and it just started to magically come off….

good luck…..!

Cool.

O.K mods .. you can close the forum down now :-p :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hate to break it to you folks, but there is no "magical diet" that is going to "melt off" the fat. So many times we see people in the forums saying I need to do low carb, keto, paleo, this cleanse, that cleanse etc, because they say that calorie deficit is not working for them.

Then, upon closer examination you usually find that these folks do not consistently log, do not have a food scale, are over estimating calorie burns, or something else.

One can lose weight on paleo, keto, low carb, etc, but that does not mean they are superior to a good ole fashioned calorie deficit, because at the end of the day all these methods - keto, low carb, etc - are just tools that one uses to create a calorie deficit. No matter what you may think, trust me you are not the one person in the known universe that defies that laws of math and can eat in a positive energy balance and lose weight just because you are eating the "right foods".

Just because you lost weight restricting certain foods like carbs, sugar, etc, that does not mean that they are "bad", it just means that you replaced calorie dense foods with less calorie dense ones and created a deficit by restricting those whole food groups. At the end of the day, you can eat what you want and have success.

We did not get obese over night and we are not going to get fit/healthy/athletic over night either.

My suggestion;

eat in a reasonable deficit = 500 cals per day.
    get a food scale and weigh measure everything
    log everything that you eat and be consistent
    use trial and error to figure out your maintenance TDEE
    move around more < my personal suggestion would be lift heavy using compound movements but that is not for everyone.
    if you like cardio do it, if you do not like cardio do not do it…
    a common macro setting is 40p 30f 30 carbs < those are percents…
    restrict nothing and continue to eat the foods that you like...
    sugar and carbs are not the devil …

there are no special snowflakes….even if you have a medical condition you are going to need to create a negative energy balance to lose weight, but getting there will be more difficult….

Oh and feel free to do low carb, keto, paleo, etc….just don't say they are 'superior' or that you ate in a deficit before, lost no weight, and then switched to low carb and it just started to magically come off….

good luck…..!

Cool.

O.K mods .. you can close the forum down now :-p :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

bhahahahaha
    that will NEVER happen ...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Agree...but.......I'm constantly saying whatever works for YOU. Also.....I don't use the word diet. Diet equals short term to me.

I accept that that is how you feel. For me a diet is what most cultures have eaten for hundreds of years......nothing short term about it.....:o). I use the word " diet " all the time, because in other cultures it does not generally mean to eat restrictively for weight loss.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

As far as my health, I am a seven year cancer survivor and at last physical my health is almost perfect based on blood work and other health markers..

So you are saying that some ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc could lead to cancer, heart disease, etc?
    9000 posts doesn't make you any more knowledgeable, just means you have way more time on your hands than everybody else.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    1392256131243-gif.8290
  • Glaziazisaur
    Options
    Amen people!

I remember the original cauliflower crust/bread was due to the inventor having dietary needs (probably gluten-intolerant) and it's not a bad way to cut calories. It doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

In any case, agree with this thread. There is no "magic" diet since everybody has different needs, and should be working towards health rather than only weight loss!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

9000 posts doesn't make you any more knowledgeable, just means you have way more time on your hands than everybody else.

What? Your post has no relevance to the topic at hand.

There is no magic diet.
    It's hard work, dedication, lifestyle changes, pizza, cookies and ice cream are just the icing on the cakes! Mmmmm...cupcakes....
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    1392256131243-gif.8290

This makes me hawt. Js.
  • ndj1979
    Options

and this has what to do with the topic?

but I will play ..it just means I am passing on what I have learned from being here for others to take from it what they will…

Are you disagreeing with the OP?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Amen people!

I remember the original cauliflower crust/bread was due to the inventor having dietary needs (probably gluten-intolerant) and it's not a bad way to cut calories. It doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

In any case, agree with this thread. There is no "magic" diet since everybody has different needs, and should be working towards health rather than only weight loss!

if you have a carb/gluten sensitivity then yes, i get cauliflower crust….everyone else..no, just no :)
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I actually think calorie counting sounds easier than cutting out carbs or doing a cleanse. Of course, I'm just starting out....But I love the idea of being able to eat anything I'd like! (But still healthy, veggies and fruits and all that. ;p)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

Unfortunately that recipe went from a gluten free option to the holy grail of diet foods.
    The Children of The Cauliflower were spreading the word to people they could stuff in 5 whole pizzas for the same calories as one regular one....eat 2 calorie cauliflower cookies until they exploded (at both ends)...eat cauliflower oatmeal for breakfast by the drumload...

and learn jack ****e about portion control or real world eating in the process.
This discussion has been closed.