There is no magic diet….

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad everyone agrees, but I don't know if this is being "broken" to me. I mean, since I was new here, I've had people cram that sentiment down my throat and tell me what an idiot I am for not knowing it. I''m sure I'm not the only one and I doubt there are lots of folks on here who feel this way. If they do, they usually leave a forum post saying, "Magic diet? What do you think?"

As for the eat whatever you want, you tell me how you're feeling twenty years down the road. I understand it works for weight loss, but not cancer, heart disease, the vast majority of what's killing westerners.

That said: CICO, yes.

just spreading a little 9000 post knowledge …

As far as my health, I am a seven year cancer survivor and at last physical my health is almost perfect based on blood work and other health markers..

So you are saying that some ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc could lead to cancer, heart disease, etc?
    9000 posts doesn't make you any more knowledgeable, just means you have way more time on your hands than everybody else.

and this has what to do with the topic?

but I will play ..it just means I am passing on what I have learned from being here for others to take from it what they will…

Are you disagreeing with the OP?

But...but...but...there HAS to be a magic diet!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad everyone agrees, but I don't know if this is being "broken" to me. I mean, since I was new here, I've had people cram that sentiment down my throat and tell me what an idiot I am for not knowing it. I''m sure I'm not the only one and I doubt there are lots of folks on here who feel this way. If they do, they usually leave a forum post saying, "Magic diet? What do you think?"

As for the eat whatever you want, you tell me how you're feeling twenty years down the road. I understand it works for weight loss, but not cancer, heart disease, the vast majority of what's killing westerners.

That said: CICO, yes.
    I have yet to see proof that cookies, ice cream or chocolate in moderation cause cancer or heart disease.

If you do have that proof, tell me where it is so i can avoid that page because I love ice cream.

I think I'd rather die early than never have a cookie or ice cream again... or to make them from cauliflower, blerch!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Dude, incredibly well put. And definitely in for the delusional comments that are coming and bound to snowball, e'hm "snowflake" out of control . . .
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

I fight for the right of pizzas everywhere.

Pizza is pizza. Cauliflower is cauliflower. Cauliflower crust =/= pizza crust no matter what sauce you drown it in and it is not a holier than thou way to lose weight. It is a miserable way to do it.

I remember the original cauliflower crust/bread was due to the inventor having dietary needs (probably gluten-intolerant) and it's not a bad way to cut calories. It doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

In any case, agree with this thread. There is no "magic" diet since everybody has different needs, and should be working towards health rather than only weight loss!

Unfortunately that recipe went from a gluten free option to the holy grail of diet foods.
    The Children of The Cauliflower were spreading the word to people they could stuff in 5 whole pizzas for the same calories as one regular one....eat 2 calorie cauliflower cookies until they exploded (at both ends)...eat cauliflower oatmeal for breakfast by the drumload...

and learn jack ****e about portion control or real world eating in the process.

CHILDREN OF THE CAULIFLOWER?!?!? :laugh:

The forums are damn amusing tonight!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

Pizza is pizza. Cauliflower is cauliflower. Cauliflower crust =/= pizza crust no matter what sauce you drown it in and it is not a holier than thou way to lose weight. It is a miserable way to do it.

I remember the original cauliflower crust/bread was due to the inventor having dietary needs (probably gluten-intolerant) and it's not a bad way to cut calories. It doesn't make you better or worse than anybody else.

In any case, agree with this thread. There is no "magic" diet since everybody has different needs, and should be working towards health rather than only weight loss!

Unfortunately that recipe went from a gluten free option to the holy grail of diet foods.
    The Children of The Cauliflower were spreading the word to people they could stuff in 5 whole pizzas for the same calories as one regular one....eat 2 calorie cauliflower cookies until they exploded (at both ends)...eat cauliflower oatmeal for breakfast by the drumload...

The one that made me saddest was cauliflower sushi - using ground up cooked cauli to replace the rice. No. Just... no.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Also, over/under on how many pages before this turns into a diabetes or hypothyroidism thread.

Also, also, to bad it appears Rocbola is gone.

Gone? Vaca or banned from forums?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Amen people!

The one that made me saddest was cauliflower sushi - using ground up cooked cauli to replace the rice. No. Just... no.

the worst one I ever saw was zucchini ice cream …..really?????
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Amen people!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. I bet next time I have sushi, I think about this.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Amen people!

lolz…

there was one where someone posted one and the calories per slice was like 200 and then I ran the numbers on my homemade pizza and it came to like 225 a slice or something ….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Also, over/under on how many pages before this turns into a diabetes or hypothyroidism thread.

if it makes it to page ten, it will turn into some kind of dumpster fire..

I am waiting for the "quality calorie" folks to show up ...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I got a gif for dumpster fire. Just let me know! :wink:
  • ndj1979
    Options

I got a gif for dumpster fire. Just let me know! :wink:

lol, why am I not surprised...
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's worse, cauliflower pizza crust or zucchini ice cream :sick:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

hmmm...

dunno but the cauli-sushi made my intestines tremble a little...

...and don't get me started on cauli-faux mash potatoes...:sad:
  • ndj1979
    Options

i will go with zucchini ice cream ...
  • ndj1979
    Options

hmmm...

dunno but the cauli-sushi made my intestines tremble a little...

...and don't get me started on cauli-faux mash potatoes...:sad:

cauli-sushi sounds absolutely disgusting ...
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I actually like cauliflower - and the cauliflower-crust intrigues me but only cause I am allergic to bakers yeast. But the thought of cauliflower-sushi is gag worthy

Oh - the OP is dead-on -even for those of us with metabolic disorders. I do go reduced carb due to PCOS and ir but I can still lose weight with occasional treats if I eat at a caloric deficit :) I'm only a half-special snowflake :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.