deep thinking about our existance

Options
13»

Replies

• j_b_morgan
    Options
    What if out there somewhere Krypton really did exist and Kal-EL is on his way?

Or another belief, is this Earth 616 and the Shi'ar coming to destroy us?
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of randomness of the universe, and even the state of the universe before the big bang. Seen lots of documentaries on it, though I'm not a physicist or scientist of any kind.

I do like statistics, and think that an astronomically large number of improbable events happened in exactly the right order to bring me here today. Chances of it happening make winning the lottery seem easy. But when you look at the vastness of the universe, statistically speaking, something similar probably has happened on many many other planets.

So I think that the laws of physics and matter and chemistry guided everything we know of to come into existence. Not on purpose. It just happened. And while I'm here, I'm gonna enjoy it.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind." -- Einstein

My exact thoughts about a creator and our ridiculous "reasonable" discussions about it.

I love this answer! I'll cheers to that! :drinker:
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    In my opinion with what we know of how life starts it's almost impossible to believe that something didn't create us.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    who else read the title, and said that last word with a head nod and some attitude...feeling kinda gangsta all of a sudden...
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I like to believe that we're all someone's Sims game.

Yeah I'm in for this
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Is it more reasonable to believe that no one created something out of nothing or someone created something out of nothing?

So if we see a design in creation and a design in how our human bodies work, we’re supposed to accept we came from nothing? When you look at Mount Rushmore and the sculptures of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt, would rational thinking say, “My, how long did you think it took for wind erosion to form what resembles our four American presidents?”