Top MFP Conspiracies

Options
1235»

Replies

• lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    #123 Everyone who has been on MFP for more than a day suddenly becomes a nutrition and fitness expert
    ...and a medical expert :huh: The number of times I've read "your doctor is an idiot"/"your doctor doesn't know what s/he's talking about".... How arrogant - and irresponsible - do you have to be to think you know better than a doctor?!?

ETA: unless you're a doctor/medical expert yourself of course :-/

don't forget marriage counselor, do you not know the answer to every spousal argument is divorce lol
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    Hmm... if I were to make one up that seemed plausible... I'd say... MFP is collecting before and after pictures to sell to infomercials claiming their products work.

Or... MFP is just like Google they are selling our data metrics to the pharmaceutical companies to show them the average amount of weight loss their pills need to accomplish.

I'm not good at this... mine aren't funny.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy is the only way to go - cardio is for wussies
    Ladies lift heavy and look like a man - or not
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    All of my ads are for underwear. And Gucci shoes.

MFP wants me broke.

you do realize it's because you visited that site or something similar and now it's displaying that. Targeted advertising. :)

I believe that but today it is displaying an Ad for Dallas(tourism), the Keystone pipeline and Clearblue Pregnancy test. I haven't visited those sites and I will never be pregnant since I'm a man. Weird selection of Ads today.
    Does your wife/girlfriend use your PC? Might be time for a chat :tongue:

lol , oh no! That explains her trips to Dallas
    ...or perhaps she wants you to get your keystone pipeline tied?
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hmm... if I were to make one up that seemed plausible... I'd say... MFP is collecting before and after pictures to sell to infomercials claiming their products work.

Or... MFP is just like Google they are selling our data metrics to the pharmaceutical companies to show them the average amount of weight loss their pills need to accomplish.

I'm not good at this... mine aren't funny.

I've kind of always wondered about that. Someday we'll read about a study that was done using all of the data collected on MFP.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    #4 MFP is a thinly veiled dating/hook up site.
    tumblr_mcs5z4gyRH1r4ekn1o9_250.gif
    LOL, good one! Actually this one is true though. Some people only come on to find thin/healthy/fit people to hook up/date.
  • DogDead
    DogDead Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Aliens.

Hahaha Brilliant! :laugh:
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    #123 Everyone who has been on MFP for more than a day suddenly becomes a nutrition and fitness expert
    ...and a medical expert :huh: The number of times I've read "your doctor is an idiot"/"your doctor doesn't know what s/he's talking about".... How arrogant - and irresponsible - do you have to be to think you know better than a doctor?!?

ETA: unless you're a doctor/medical expert yourself of course :-/
    Yes! Because you know... doctors know everything!!
    No, doctors don't know everything but they tend to know a little bit more about medicine and human biology that Mr or Mrs. Read-a-few-articles-on-the-internet-so-now-I'm-an-expert :-/ I'm not talking about nutritional/weight-loss advice per se, but I once saw an internet 'expert' here, tell another diabetic member to reduce their insulin, with the view of cutting it put completely :noway: That kind of medical 'advice'.

ETA: the person was a type 1 diabetic by the way.

Exactly! I'd take a doctor's 7 years medical training advice faster than the guy who says "I read this on the internet once". Doctors are not always right but the odds are good that they might have a good idea of what's what.

Or, someone whose "credential" is a photo of his abs and 1,000 posts.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Aliens.
    YES.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    #99 If you're a chick and decline a FR from a guy then you're instantly a lesbian. True story.
    Must remember this one. Idc if they think I am one hahaha.
  • ShreddingIt_84
    Options
    #4 MFP is a thinly veiled dating/hook up site.
    Thats good!
    If i was single I would be dating someone from here for sure!:wink:
  • tryanother
    tryanother Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I kinda want to post the definition of Conspiracy.

GAWD, I'm so MEAN!

:) I was thinking the same thing

Feeling better?

conspiracy

/kənˈspɪrəsi/

noun

noun: conspiracy; plural noun: conspiracies

a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.

"a conspiracy to destroy the government"

synonyms: plot, scheme, stratagem, plan, machination, cabal; More

deception, ploy, trick, ruse, dodge, subterfuge, sharp practice;

informalframe-up, fit-up, racket, put-up job;

rarecomplot, covin

"the company was involved in a conspiracy with bookmakers to manipulate starting prices"

the action of plotting or conspiring.

"they were cleared of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice"

synonyms: plotting, collusion, intrigue, connivance, machination, collaboration;

:devil:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    #225 I know what I'm talking about, because I'm a personal trainer.