Week 8, "H20" Lose 20 Pounds by Halloween Challenge.

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    I'm in for whatever challenge people want to do for Christmas!10-15-20. The weekly challenges seem like an awesome idea too! Starting on the 30th makes sense to me. My dad's birthday is Halloween and his party is the 30th. Definite motivator to be good!

Congrats April and Bru on you're upcoming anniversaries! Hope you both have a great time celebrating. (April that hairstyle is beautiful!)

Thank you.. :) Im glad we are getting direction on what we are goign to do next. :) I can't wait.

Ill be posting anniversary pictures once we get them back.. I hope it doesnt take too long.. ;)
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    ARGH TOM weigh in and I am the same.

SW169
    CW164

Next week im doing this lol

Le sigh, sometimes I want to take TOM out back and........:mad: yeah...... She's here for me as well and I'm definitely feeling it. You have my sympathy. *Hugs*
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    I was all set and ready to get on the scale since i dont weigh in but every 2 or 3 weeks, and I weigh in on the huge scale that weighs bulk mail etc and there was so much mail today on the dock from being no delivery yesterday and it was all over my scale lol. So tomorrow I will. I think i have lost more. I went crazy this evening and had a hamburger and fries and starbucks lemon loaf. O and a few fried zucchinis. Went over a thousand calories or so lol. But kinda felt i needed the break for one meal. I have been being good for weeks. I wanted to congrats to everyone who has kept with this H20 and lost. It has been fun and encouraging. So what will be next???????
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    O one more thing, that Chiliean diet may be good for us all just once. Just kidding, Im so happy they are bringing up the trapped Miners. Poor guys unbelievable what they have done to rescue them. I have seen only the first one. His little boys were crying with happiness and his wife was touching.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    [/quote]
    I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well *hugs* Don't beat yourself up though. You're on the right track and are doing great. Sometimes we all slip up. (I ate an entire pizza the other day 0_0,). Keep at it and you'll definitely get where you want to be.
    [/quote]

Thanks - it's been a crappy couple of months. Anyhow, I couldn't go for my bloodwork cause silly me when I went last night to get my last cup of water I popped a cracker in my mouth to soothe the yucky feeling I had. :grumble: So, no bloodwork for me until after noon so I might as well wait till tomorrow now while I do my other test. :ohwell:

On the plus side, I weighed myself and to my delight, I am back down. I have been going up a nd down so erratically lately and pounds within days. :noway: I will take it while it's here, just hope it stays. So I am only a little down from wh at I was Sept 26th :sad:

My weight as of Aug 31 was 206.8
    Sept 26 - 202.
    Week 6 - Sept 29 - 201.52
    Week 7 - Oct 6 - 202.4
    Week 8 - Oct 11 - 201.3

loss - 5.5 since aug 31
    goal for my bd 190 - 11.3 to go :frown:
  • iluvwdw
    AprilVal and Bru,

Congrats on the Anniversaries!!!! Can't wait to see pics. I would love another challenge even though this one didn't work so good for me. :indifferent: The next one will be better. :drinker:
  • I definitely want to join that Christmas challenge! Will someone let me know when it starts so I don't forget? Thanks!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    AprilVal and Bru,

Congrats on the Anniversaries!!!! Can't wait to see pics. I would love another challenge even though this one didn't work so good for me. :indifferent: The next one will be better. :drinker:

Thanks.. Dont worry.. Im the one who set it up and it didnt work too well for me either.. Didnt help I got sick and was sick for a few weeks. Then I was afraid there was a chance I was pregnant so I didnt do too much for a while. Then TOM kicked my *kitten*.. blah.. But Im getting back on track.. :)
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Since I joined this kinda late...of course I will never make the 20 lbs. But I am ok with it. I know that I am doing well because the clothes are getting a little looser...I can buy them a little smaller and people have noticed. I am so proud of you ladies for staying active, not beating yourselves up over a gain...that's what makes this great. It didn't take a day to gain our weight..it certainly will take some time to get rid of it.

April...you will look beautiful for your anniversary...can't wait for the pics.

Bru...hope your anniversary is special as well.

I have been with my hubby forever...each anniversary is just as special as the previous. Hearing about all these silly stars separating and divorcing....poor things...marriage takes work ya know! That's why we regular folk do it so well!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

BTW...my weight was basically unchanged...hanging in the 198's...give or take 2/10's.

Love the Christmas challenge...15 lbs sounds doable. Like the 12 days of Christmas challenges too.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    AprilVal and Bru,

Thank you!! This challenge didn't work for me, but I expected it. Since April, I rock out 7 lbs one month, 8lbs another, 10lbs another, 9 lbs another and then all of a sudden..BOOM, 1.8lbs a month and 3.6lbs... so I really did expect it. But I did rock away 9in in 2weeks in Sept (doing 30 day shred), so yea, the scale hasn't really moved much, but I'm in a 14, down from a 22/24,so I will take it and run!! LOL :)

Here's to a better challenge for EVERYONE :drinker:
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    Since I missed the Halloween Challenge - Could I be "remembered" for the Christmas Challenge?? Is there a way to bookmark message boards?
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    CW - 180.8

See, all that complaining I did was for nothing. Thanks for the support everyone. *group hug*
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Well, Grandpa has a staff infection, UTI, and Pneumonia on top of everything else. He is not to leave the hospital for quite awhile and they are thinking that he may not make it to Christmas. Please keep us in your thoughts. I'm really praying that everything turns around. My husband is taking this really hard so I don't plan to be around posting much. He said we'll still attempt our St Louis weekend, but we were told to keep our phones close in case anything changes. *hugs*
  • pink_and_shiny
    Well, Grandpa has a staff infection, UTI, and Pneumonia on top of everything else. He is not to leave the hospital for quite awhile and they are thinking that he may not make it to Christmas. Please keep us in your thoughts. I'm really praying that everything turns around. My husband is taking this really hard so I don't plan to be around posting much. He said we'll still attempt our St Louis weekend, but we were told to keep our phones close in case anything changes. *hugs*

Oh Bru. :( Sorry to hear this news. I hope things get better.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member

My thoughts are with you Bru, hope it turns around. *hugs*
  • Hi, Im new with my fitnesspal. I lost 2 lbs. after joining myfitnesspal and im inspired to exercise and continue with my food and exercise program. Hopefully I will attain my goal of losing 10 lbs by November. Goodluck to everybody.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    I've lost 10 lbs so far (gotta log my other pounds that I lost, but waiting for a few more days to do so). I don't think I can loose another 10 in a couple of weeks :/
  • iluvwdw

WOW that is awful. :( Keep us posted when you can of how he is doing, Sending postive thoughts and prayers your way for you and your family.
  • pink_and_shiny
    Since I missed the Halloween Challenge - Could I be "remembered" for the Christmas Challenge?? Is there a way to bookmark message boards?

Just get back here by clicking "My Topics". You can follow the links to the next week at the end of each thread, or just keep a look out for 10/30/10 when we start the Christmas challenge. If I don't see you around when that starts up I'll try to lasso you in via private message. :)
  • pink_and_shiny
    Hi, Im new with my fitnesspal. I lost 2 lbs. after joining myfitnesspal and im inspired to exercise and continue with my food and exercise program. Hopefully I will attain my goal of losing 10 lbs by November. Goodluck to everybody.

Hi Karrie! Welcome to MFP and congrats on the loss you've already achieved! When in November are you striving to lose the pounds by? Just curious. Would love to see you in our Festive Fifteen challenge when that gets started!
This discussion has been closed.