If you could buy any ONE home exercise machine...

Options
123457»

Replies

• StacPolly
    Options
    I have nearly every cardio machine you can think of, plus weights, ab machines, leg machines, pilates machine ... my god I hadn't realised just how much stuff I do have. I have used them all and enjoy all of them. My Desert Island recommendation is the Concept 2 rower. Fantastic full body workout (when used correctly) and it's such a superb machine. Combine with Pilates and you're sorted.
    However, no point buying one if you don't enjoy using it. Whichever machine you're using regularly is the best one for you. If it becomes a dust harbourer or clothes horse - sell it and get something different. A gym membership is no use to me, for some people that's the only way to stick at exercising, the motivation of others helps them. I'm happy to exercise alone (although with the Concept you can row with others virtually which is fab.) Something to keep in mind when deciding to buy one - you have to more dedication and motivation exercising at home I think. It's so easy to get distracted by the phone, tv, family, knock at the door etc. If you don't think you can ignore those things .... go to the gym!!
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I would invest in a good treadmill, but that is likely to cost more than 12 months worth of gym membership. For just a couple hundred, you can get a decent recumbent bike, so I'd probably start with that (and a tv) and move on from there if you find that it truly works for you to workout in your garage. I invested in a very good treadmill but still joined a Planet Fitness when one opened in my area because I could workout with my friend at PF and that had it's own kind of motivation.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    A gym quality Elliptical or Exercise bike.
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

I love Jillian Michaels - all of them really. But if you are only starting out at fitness there is a lady (whose name I can't remember!) who does 'walk at home'. I am OK with fitness so find them a little easy but I have recommended them to my sister as a starting point.

Leslie Sansone! How could I forget her videos? I've got several of her dvd's, have swapped out with my sister, and used what was online. She really is great especially for beginners.

Thank you! Just couldn't put my finger on her name!!!