Scary Movies

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
Halloween is upon us, so what is the scariest movie of all time for you?
Mine would have to be The Strangers, with Liv Tyler.....not sure why, but I think because it could actually happen, and that the worst in the movie happens when the sun is bright.....just very disturbing...
Also on the top of my list, The Ring, Stephen Kings IT, Last House on the Left (even though there were a few comical scenes in it)..
What are yours?

Replies

• dtcauley4
    dtcauley4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think The Devil's Advocate is a terrifying movie...oh and Signs
    Monsters and ghosties don't don't really scare me, but I love watching them =)
    I don't think I've seen The Strangers..but I'm gonna go find it now, Thanks
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Mine would be any possesion movies. . . although Horror movies are my favorite genre, Posession movies scare the bejeebies outta me and of course I still love to watch them. . . I would have to say The Haunting of Emily Rose is the scariest because it's the "unkown", I swear I woke up for a week at 3am smelling bacon after that movie, lol and I still won't get out of bed to use the bathroom or anything if it's within that hour:laugh: ! Rob Zombie movies are creepy too but he's a genious when it comes to scary movies I think their creepy because those scenarious could easily happen too!

I :heart: SCARY MOVIES!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    Top three, in no order:

1, Halloween.
    2. Boogeyman.
    3. Paranormal Activity.

Love, love, LOVE scary movies!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The Ring

the first one not the second one
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I have completely forgotten about The Haunting of Emily Rose! I swear I still wake up at 3am...all the freaking time!

And...did you see that they are coming out with a Paranormal Activity 2? The first one was slow in spots, but it really creeped me out when she is just standing by the bed.....
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Any ghost ones really. Like The Others. I think thats the name of it with Nicole Kidman? Any that are haunting, paranormal, ghostie kinds. The ones like Saw, Scream, Friday the 13th arent that scary to me because the bad guy can die and be stopped. But ghosts......thats tougher LOL
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I have completely forgotten about The Haunting of Emily Rose! I swear I still wake up at 3am...all the freaking time!

And...did you see that they are coming out with a Paranormal Activity 2? The first one was slow in spots, but it really creeped me out when she is just standing by the bed.....

I did!! And I'm so excited!! I was so creeped out after watching the first one!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    John Carpenter's, The Thing was the first scary movie I got to see in the theater and has stuck w/ me for years. I think I was a little to young to see it then.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Annie :devil:

Now thats a scary movie, I still have nightmares when i hear that song :laugh:
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    In order:

1. The Strangers - it is creepy how you can see them in the background of some scenes while she thinks they are outside!!!
    2. Paranormal Activity - Can't wait til #2 comes out!!!
    3. The Exorcist - It took me years to get through that whole movie! I would always stop when she came running down the stairs bent over backwards. (Shudder)

Good Topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for something scary to watch on Halloween, check out AMC's The Walking Dead. It's a new series that they're starting based on an excellent graphic novel.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for something scary to watch on Halloween, check out AMC's The Walking Dead. It's a new series that they're starting based on an excellent graphic novel.

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I can't wait for this actually!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I didn't think Paranormal Activity was scary until the part where she's standing by the bed, that was really scary to me. Also, the end of the Blair Witch Project with him standing in the corner really scared me too, although the movie all in all wasn't too scary. My favorite is the remake of Amityville Horror and The Ring. I absolutely love scary movies. I think the Rob Zombie movies are fantastic--not scary as in 'omg, I'm scared' but in a 'wow, that's really f'ed up!' way.
  • groucherella
    Options
    One missed call (asian), A tale of two sisters (asian), and Phone (asian). All worth the subtitles. Their is little dialogue so the subtitles aren't that bad. Also, the orphanage wasn't bad. I think it was spanish.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    My family loves scary movies. In fact, we went to the theater to see "My Soul to Take" on Sunday. (Pretty good, BTW.) We rented "The Strangers" and "Last House On the Left" just last week. My all-time favorite scary movie is "The Exorcist." :devil:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Did anyone see Haunting in Connecticut? It had is moments...
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    The original The Wicker Man with Edward Woodward.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    bynsky you are silly...

Has anyone seem The Last Exorcism yet? Looks pretty good, but waiting for it to come out on DVD
  • groucherella
    Options
    I've almost given up on commercial horror movies. Like someone else said, I like the ghost stories and have found that asian horror has some really good ones.