Scary Movies

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    bynsky you are silly...

Has anyone seem The Last Exorcism yet? Looks pretty good, but waiting for it to come out on DVD
    My kids saw it and said it was funny.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Faerie Crap...funny?? Oh well. they really are starting to suck at making a good scary movie!
  • «lindsay»
    Options
    Ditto to "The Strangers"

Also, "Paranormal Activity" even though I didn't see the last 10 minutes. When she stood by the bed and the ending started coming, I left the room. I have bad nightmares. My husband said it is probably a good thing that I left, beacsue, in his words, "That b**** scared the crap outta me!"

Also, Zombie movies used to get me all the time.

Oh, and I know it is gonna sound dumb, but "Thirteen Ghosts", but only for one spirit, The Jackal, with the cage on his head, I cannot even watch it in the morning. But, I have tried to watch it so many times that I know the exact muisic that is played before he comes on, so I stop it there...
  • hgascoigne
    hgascoigne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I watch mostly horror movies so not much scares me but "Audition" really freaked me out!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Faerie Crap...funny?? Oh well. they really are starting to suck at making a good scary movie!
    I know! :tongue: However, they did say it was a pretty good movie anyway, and they're not usually easily impressed.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed "What Lies Beneath" with Harrison Ford and Michell Pfieffer. Saw "The Ring 2" without seeing the first one and was totally lost because I guess so much was explained in the first one. Love paranormal and suspense flicks, but not gore.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    There was a movie made back in 1958. The Crawling Eye. Starred Forrest Tucker.

Scared the heck out of me as a kid. Found it on a discount DVD rack about 3 years ago. Going to watch it again. I'ts very campy and the special effectys are laughable, but it scared the living *kitten* out of me when I was little.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Road Dog.........what about the Tingler..........., or The Fly, with Vincent Price..............?
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Road Dog.........what about the Tingler..........., or The Fly, with Vincent Price..............?
    I remember both of them. Both Vincent Price movies. The Tingler had Darryl Hickman in it too. (Dobie Gillis). You must have been a Vincent Price fan?

Here's another Vincent Price movie that scared me too. The Conquerer Worm. Pretty violent.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree, The Strangers is really creepy.

I am such a baby when it comes to scary movies that my list would be endless! I do admit that Paranormal Activity scared the pee out of me!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    House on Haunted Hill (the remake) really creeped me out when you could only see the ghosts through the goggles...you looked in the room, they aren't there, then look thru the goggles and they are all standing there looking at you....ugh. and the way those ghosts shook their heads really fast...it was just shiver-inducing.

The Shining....now THAT is a fantastic scary movie. I love Stephen King, and his books are often turned into sub-par movies, but they really did that one correctly. Twins still scare me...come play with us Danny......
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Yes! House on the Haunted Hill......my hubby used to do that, shake his head really fast just to freak me out, hate that!
    and of course The Shining is one of the best movies ever, I collect Stephen King books, and that is one of the best movie adaptations of all his books....still cannot look at Jack Nicholson without thinking, "Here's Johnny"!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    The Entity is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. The subject matter is just too brutal. Just watched it again last weekend. Creeps the s*** out of me!

As stupid as I thought Paranormal Activity was, it really freaked me out. I wouldn't so much as stick my foot out of the covers for weeks.

When I was a kid I snuck into the living room while my parents watched Poltergeist. Scarred me for life. I still think it is pretty scary.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Annie :devil:

Now thats a scary movie, I still have nightmares when i hear that song :laugh:
    Totally with ya brother!!!
    Any musical from the early 80's makes me cringe and run in terror when i hear its theme music
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    The only musical I have ever like was Sweeny Todd.....Now that was singing at its best....and of course my girl crush, Helena Bonham Carter is in it, not to mention Johnny Depp ..
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The only musical I have ever like was Sweeny Todd.....Now that was singing at its best....and of course my girl crush, Helena Bonham Carter is in it, not to mention Johnny Depp ..
    See, but that is 2000's musicals...they are much much better than Annie or Fame or Sound of Music.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    I guess you are right, and Sweeny Todd is quite bloody, so it could pass for a good scary movie!
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The original Halloween 2 scared the crap outta me! I've been afraid of hospitals ever since! LOL and forget babysitting on Halloween night, I can hear the Halloween theme music already! Can't wait to see My Soul to Take and Case 39!