Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Pet Sematary!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    bynsky you are silly...

Has anyone seem The Last Exorcism yet? Looks pretty good, but waiting for it to come out on DVD

Noooo, and as much as those types of movies scare me I CAN'T WAIT, to see it!!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The Strangers
    The Descent
    Cloverfield
    The Thing
    The Ring
    28 Days Later & 28 Weeks Later
    Saw (not really scary)
    Old school...Nightmare on Elm Street (the remake was decent also)
  • groucherella
    Options
    The Strangers
    The Descent
    Cloverfield
    The Thing
    The Ring
    Saw (not really scary)

The Descent - I love that movie. I live in cave country and have gond splunking many times, so I definately let my imagination run wild with that one.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    The Strangers
    The Descent
    Cloverfield
    The Thing
    The Ring
    Saw (not really scary)

The Descent - I love that movie. I live in cave country and have gond splunking many times, so I definately let my imagination run wild with that one.
    I can get claustrophobic at times, so that movie really got to me. When she got stuck, I pictured myself there and someone bringing a gallon sized bucket of Crisco to get me out. :laugh:
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I LOVE classic horror films but do have some favorite more current ones:
    The Shining
    Hause on Haunted Hill
    The Hills have Eyes
    Psycho
    Scream 1 and 3 being my fave

I also love the B grade Horror flicks! Nothing better than watching a cheesy scarey movie!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    The Strangers was very disturbing to me and nearly made me sick at my stomach. I don't like those kind of movies now that I have kids. I get really scared from possesion movies too. Very freaky , the thought of something taking you over. I love old horror movies, zombie movies and Dracula and a lot of the old goofy horror movies like the Blob, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and such. The Amityville Horror freaks me out. My husband knows where that house is, but I have NO desire to even see it!!!!!!!!
  • ActionJackson
    Options
    For those who can tolerate Asian horror, "Noroi" is a must see done ala Blair Witch / Paranormal Activity style, this movie scared the crap out of me. Lovely Bones was also very disturbing.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I LOVE horror movies and have to admit some of my all time favs are the old black and white B-rated flicks! then again, I just watched the Pit and the Pendelum the other night and it scared the daylights outta me!!!
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    I just don't think they make scary movies anymore. either that of because of me being a paranormal investigator I just don't scare anymore. I think I am the only person on here so far who thought paranormal activity was one of the dumbest movies ever made. haunting in conecticut was pretty good only because it is based on a true story. the exorcism of emily rose was decent and I can't wait for the last exorcism ot come out on dvd. (haven't seen it yet)
    I guess for me watching something scary would have to be ....... the news. lol
    But even though they aren't scary I still love horror movies. so much better then chick flicks.
  • LinnPitt
    Options
    House on Haunted Hill (the remake) really creeped me out when you could only see the ghosts through the goggles...you looked in the room, they aren't there, then look thru the goggles and they are all standing there looking at you....ugh. and the way those ghosts shook their heads really fast...it was just shiver-inducing.

The Shining....now THAT is a fantastic scary movie. I love Stephen King, and his books are often turned into sub-par movies, but they really did that one correctly. Twins still scare me...come play with us Danny......

I think you got house on haunted hill mixed up with thirteen ghosts. I have both the old and new versions of both movies though. have to admit I loved the old ones so much more. not scary just more entertaining because they were not all about the blood and gore and was more about the story.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    And....not really a scary movie, but one of my favorites, Zombieland....did anyone see that? Hilarious!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Yeah, Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    House on Haunted Hill (the remake) really creeped me out when you could only see the ghosts through the goggles...you looked in the room, they aren't there, then look thru the goggles and they are all standing there looking at you....ugh. and the way those ghosts shook their heads really fast...it was just shiver-inducing.

The Shining....now THAT is a fantastic scary movie. I love Stephen King, and his books are often turned into sub-par movies, but they really did that one correctly. Twins still scare me...come play with us Danny......

I think you got house on haunted hill mixed up with thirteen ghosts. I have both the old and new versions of both movies though. have to admit I loved the old ones so much more. not scary just more entertaining because they were not all about the blood and gore and was more about the story.

I don't think I did, althoug the 13 Ghosts do have the same head-shake creepy thing. The one I'm thinking of is set in an old mental hospital, that can be locked up tight as if it's shielding from a nuclear blast. A long time ago, it was in lockdown mode and a fire burned up everyone inside. The kooky millionaire offers a bunch of people that if they stay the whole night they get a wad of cash. One by one, the people die off. The scene I remember takes place down in a basement-like setting, and the character glances into the room, sees nothing, then lifts up the goggles and sees a doctor and nurses performing some kind of horrible operation on a victim. The ghosts turn and look at our character and when she (I think it was a female character) lowers the goggles, you can't see the ghosts again. Am I mixing up movies? It's possible, but I think I have it right....
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    well, if were going to include "funny" scary movies, you have to inlcude:

American Werewolf in London
    American Werewolf in Paris
    Evil Dead trilogy (especially Army of Darkness)
    House III (with William Katt, a baby pterodactl, a catterpillar dog, and just a lot of weird stuff)
    Evolution
    all the Scream movies (sorry, but to me these are just funny, not scary at all!)

To me, the Final Destination movies are hilarious too! Especially the most recent one, set at a racetrack. SOOOO funny. Everyone in the theater was cracking up, so it's not just me LOL
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am looking for the ULTIMATE scary movie! I used to never watched scary movies until I met my boyfriend. Now I can stomach anything. Stuff like Saw or Hostile are more gory suspense; but not enough to scare me. The older movies tend to have more scare appeal.
    Any suggestions? Anything paranormal.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I agree. Ghost Hunter freaks me out more than Paranormal Activity. I think its pretty cool you have conducted paranormal investigations. My old roommate did that on his spare time. I have also seen some paranormal activity myself!
  • binary_jester
    Options
    Shaun of the Dead?
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options

I don't think I did, althoug the 13 Ghosts do have the same head-shake creepy thing. The one I'm thinking of is set in an old mental hospital, that can be locked up tight as if it's shielding from a nuclear blast. A long time ago, it was in lockdown mode and a fire burned up everyone inside. The kooky millionaire offers a bunch of people that if they stay the whole night they get a wad of cash. One by one, the people die off. The scene I remember takes place down in a basement-like setting, and the character glances into the room, sees nothing, then lifts up the goggles and sees a doctor and nurses performing some kind of horrible operation on a victim. The ghosts turn and look at our character and when she (I think it was a female character) lowers the goggles, you can't see the ghosts again. Am I mixing up movies? It's possible, but I think I have it right....

Yep, you have that one right, and I can see the scene you are speaking of vividly.... creepy......