Why the hate on Planet Fitness?

Options
I've never posted here before. I've been a member for about a year now, I frequently visit the boards just to get tips on workouts, workout supplements, etc. I workout at Snap Fitness, considering Planet Fitness. I see a lot of you on here NAG people about their memberships at Planet Fitness and it just disgusts me! Whether Planet Fitness fits your standards or NOT, how low are you to diss someone else for being a member of Planet Fitness? Isn't this board for SUPPORT? It's pretty pathetic to see how someone can come on here for a simple question but the second they mention they are member at PF you troll them. If it works for the person, leave it be. It's crazy.. get a life.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    People can have opinions on a public forum. You don't have to agree with them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    are you bored at work? or just straight up trolling for fun?

If you see a lot of people "nagging" then you would have read all the replies- that CLEARLY explain why we dislike the facility.

The entire premise of being a judge free zone is built of JUDGING and putting down other people for their goals- lifters- intense work out classes.

I'd say take your own advice and get a life- this topic has been done to death- why do you need to bring it up- you aren't a planet fitness member. Me thinks you are trolling.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Because it's obviously not a planet. Heck, not even Pluto is a planet anymore so I don't know why a fitness center thinks it can claim the title.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Because it's obviously not a planet. Heck, not even Pluto is a planet anymore so I don't know why a fitness center thinks it can claim the title.

no they returned Pluto to planet status last time I checked.

He's allowed back into the club- membership renued and all.
  • Strokingdiction
    Options
    I don't even know what to believe anymore.

Are eggs still good for me? Because they keep changing their minds on that one too.

SCIENTISTS!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Are eggs still good for me? Because they keep changing their minds on that one too.

SCIENTISTS!

Do you have an ulcer?

If so, don't drink milk.

Wait, I mean, drink milk.

No, don't drink milk.

Eh, we're all gonna die. DRINK ALLTEH MILKZ!!!
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

SCIENTISTS!

Do you have an ulcer?

If so, don't drink milk.

Wait, I mean, drink milk.

No, don't drink milk.

I'm gonna die? Why are you laying that heavy s**t on me? I thought this was a support site!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options

SCIENTISTS!

believe all the things- including God- the Spaghetti Monster- and definitely Chuthulu.... but scientists- they are picky *kitten*- I wouldn't get to worked up about it.

Eat all ze eggs- and believe in pluto- it will be you're salvation when your cholesterol goes through the roof.

and this- because only baby cows drink milk- and I want to pretend I'm a baby cow.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    The OP deactivated their account?

who cares- we are trolling for milk and eggs and lost planets.

Little bacon and we have our selves an adventure!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Creates troll thread complaining about trolls, then deactivates....

Seems legit.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Seems legit.

more bacon and eggs. and planets

less about trolls.

Unless they like bacon- then I guess they can come play.
    Good job scaring off someone who obviously was looking for someone with a shared POV.

not sure if serious... orrr......... yeah. I'm just going to go back to the bacon on this one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I'm more than sure she will be on Twitter, Instagram, FB claiming "MFP forum people are asshats."

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Strokingdiction
    Options

and this- because only baby cows drink milk- and I want to pretend I'm a baby cow.

I'm sure there is a fetishists community out there dedicated to this that would welcome you with open arms... or hooves or legs, whatever.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    hate on planet fitness not the people that go there is quite common yup...

If that disgusts you don't click on those threads...and get a better meter on what is disgusting

Again I have yet to see anyone get dissed for being a member of that particular franchise...normally it is those members crapping on "lunk" heads...and calling lifters names. And them being mean because a certian part of the population don't agree planet fitness is a judgment free zone (because they judge lifters)sort of like your post...

And no this one is for fitness and exercise not support...

I think it's pretty sad that you came here to troll people who don't like planet fitness call them names and insult them (them including me cause I hate planet fitness and you couldn't pay me to go in there unless it was to cause the lunk alarm to go off in fun)

*cries because the mean person is being mean to people who express dislike at fitness centers that judge fit people*

and maybe you should have kept your spotless record of not posting here spotless..now there is just this one big stain.:bigsmile:
  • SezxyStef
    Options

aww man now she wont know she made me cry.

PF franchise owner maybe?
  • JoRocka
    Options

Seems legit.

Maybe... But a member since 2013 though?

so- if she had- like she claimed read everyone nagging on PF then she would have also HAD to have at least glanced over the HUNDREDS of people who explain to her WHY we have an issue with it- it's a fundamentally judgmental facility- period- and it claims to be a judgement free zone.

You can't possibly take someone serious if they say read all this stuff- and don't see all the rest of the stuff- it just screams troll.

I'm sure there are fetishists community out there dedicated to this that would welcome you with open arms... or hooves or legs, whatever.
    not sure if work bans fetish things- not tempted to find out- although it is slow in ze office today.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

e18de059722346adff9296e6a92695f7d36c10993bdccbc7c727527889a0fbd9.jpg
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I'm a member at PF because I need a jumping off point and I doubt I'll be lifting more than 60 pounds any time soon, and no one goes there in my city. It's nice.
    While they do unnecessary things like tootsie rolls, lunk alarm and pizza Monday, it otherwise fits my fitness needs for now.

And that's great it works for you atm.

For me not so much...I deadlift, where spagetti strap tanktops only and tight stretchy pants or shorts, I grunt when I lift, I yell when I succeed and drop weights sometimes ...and the fact all of the above could get me kicked out...well..you can see why I might personally have an issue with it...

I don't care about the Pizza or bagels or tootsie rolls...just what is above...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at PF because I need a jumping off point and I doubt I'll be lifting more than 60 pounds any time soon, and no one goes there in my city. It's nice.
    While they do unnecessary things like tootsie rolls, lunk alarm and pizza Monday, it otherwise fits my fitness needs for now.

That's fine..... It fits your needs. See below canned response on why PF catches hell around here..

Per the usual response....

If the didn't caracaturize fitness enthusiasts and call them a dull or stupid person; blockhead; an awkward, heavy, or stupid person all while advertising a judgement free zone, they'd catch far less hell here, but from what I can tell that's what they want.

Telling people they don't belong so they join their "judgement free" zone when in all actuality they are probably the most judgmental gym around.
  • smwiller
    smwiller Posts: 11
    Options
    There are plenty of clubs that welcome what planet fitness calls "lunks." Why not just go there and live and let live. Life is too short to be so bitter.