Why the hate on Planet Fitness?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Thanks to that, I now know about this! Wonuts?!

97c1d9f0-cb21-11e3-9398-472d25232c46_waffle9.jpg
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options

Try this:
    Phone: 603-750-0001

And if you can't get anyone, I would find a new gym ASAP.

Will do! Thank you
    Good luck. That's just so seriously wrong and creepy. I'm surprised they aren't doing anything. Major liability!
    Agreed but like most franchise gyms once the contract has been signed and membership has been paid for they tend to ignore members legitimate complaints...unless it is about liabilities such as baby bumps, excessive bare skin, actual lifting of weights etc
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of posts on here or the internet as a whole that list the many reasons why people dislike Planet Fitness.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I want to pick things up and put them down, but they said NO!
    Word!
    4VBn7nT.jpg

This would have been amusing if the machines had been purple and gold.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Try this:

Will do! Thank you
    Good luck. That's just so seriously wrong and creepy. I'm surprised they aren't doing anything. Major liability!
    Agreed but like most franchise gyms once the contract has been paid and membership has been paid for they tend to ignore members legitimate complaints...unless it is about liabilities such as baby bumps, excessive bare skin, actual lifting of weights etc
    lol

Well, I think they're risking a serious lawsuit not doing something about this. I mean, it would be one thing if it were a matter of a brain fart and he saw you, apologized and left. But that behavior looks like possible sexual predator (even if it's only voyeurism).

I may be overreacting, but that just doesn't seem like normal behavior.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Try this:

Will do! Thank you
    Agreed but like most franchise gyms once the contract has been signed and membership has been paid for they tend to ignore members legitimate complaints...unless it is about liabilities such as baby bumps, excessive bare skin, actual lifting of weights etc

Don't forget intimidating people by wearing headbands.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I go to workout there every single morning, and I like it!

But funny story. Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work in the locker room, when a male employee walked in. I was only wearing a towel and he didn't call out a warning, or apologize when he saw me. Plus, he didn't immediately leave. He went into the janitorial closet and got stuff he needed, fiddled around and then decided to leave the women's locker room. Of course I told the people at the front desk, and nothing has come from it.

Besides that, I love Planet Fitness.
    Ummm ...

Talk to a manager. That isn't OK.

I've tried calling numerous times but no one answers. And I can't find the corporate number!

Somebody would've known about that before I even left. Lucky you were covered up. I hope you know who it was that came in so you can report him personally.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my ignorance, what is planet fitness?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    for the love of God, please make it stop
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I call troll...but these threads are always for fun..

so in ..for more planet no gainz bashing!

OP - have fun with your 5# dumbbells, tootsie rolls, pizza, and no deadlift/squat zone.....and thanks for keeping the free weight section at my gym a little less packed...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Creates troll thread complaining about trolls, then deactivates....

Seems legit.

Maybe... But a member since 2013 though?

I know. Strong first post.

FIFY
    I chose my wording with great care, TYVM. But I like Dav's fix for your fix best.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    ":drools:

Yeah. Wal-Mart, of all places, has/had my favorite pizza of all time - pepperoni and Canadian bacon. I can only imagine "regular" bacon and Canadian bacon. "

The pepperoni is a GIVEN. LOL. It is rather tasty I must say. You can use bacon bits as a fast and easy way to add it as a topping, BTW. REAL bacon bits!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Sorry for my ignorance, what is planet fitness?
    No. You're better off not knowing. In this case, ignorance is bliss.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Pluto is not a planet. It's a dwarf planet. Even my 3 year old knows that.
  • jeralank
    jeralank Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I had absolutely nothing to add to this post... Then I saw these beautiful squares of deliciousness... I need those in my life...

XpzYe.gif
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

OP - have fun with your 5# dumbbells, tootsie rolls, pizza, and no deadlift/squat zone.....and thanks for keeping the free weight section at my gym a little less packed...
    ♪ ♫She can't hear you!♪ ♫ :laugh:
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I go the first Monday of every month and walk out with 2 large pizzas - hard to beat for $10.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Options
    Agreed but like most franchise gyms once the contract has been paid and membership has been paid for they tend to ignore members legitimate complaints...unless it is about liabilities such as baby bumps, excessive bare skin, actual lifting of weights etc
    lol

Well, I think they're risking a serious lawsuit not doing something about this. I mean, it would be one thing if it were a matter of a brain fart and he saw you, apologized and left. But that behavior looks like possible sexual predator (even if it's only voyeurism).

I may be overreacting, but that just doesn't seem like normal behavior.
    No you are not overreacting this is not acceptable on any level but planet fitness has a image of ridiculous behavior to maintain...product recognition and stuff.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Options

:drinker:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I had absolutely nothing to add to this post... Then I saw these beautiful squares of deliciousness... I need those in my life...

XpzYe.gif

It was in the sidebar of the PF article. See, they DO wanna keep you fat! :wink: https://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/happens-deep-fry-waffle-introducing-wonut-195240935.html