Any heavy runners?

Options
124»

Replies

• Mic1112
    Mic1112 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started a running program and have always admired how easy some people look. It's discouraging at times because it seems so hard but the advice I read on this blog has helped. It's nice to know that other people struggle with this as well and make improvements by sticking with it, Keep up the hard work gang and I will too!
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Since I'm such a newbie please explain compression calf sleeves? I am trying to learn all this stuff!

ETA: Well I used google! ha and I'll keep these in mind for sure. Hopefully I won't need them.

I think I had a similar issue to this guy's :-
    My muscles had grown too fast, and the sheath around the muscles where constricting blood flow and pinching nerves. This caused painful cramps and could have led to some serious consequences.
    I had problems with blood flow in my calves and the result was sharp pain/small tears. Even with a lot of rest, anything longer than a 3 mile run started the onset of a reoccurrence. But with the sleeves, longer runs are OK again.

Im gonna try compression shorts and a compression t shirt next.
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    This is really inspiring. I've been trying to get up the courage to start couch to 5k and this has really helped :)

This has been extremely inspiring. And I know I'm just on W1D3 BUT, this thread had helped motivate me a lot and giving me such great insight that it's made it easier! If I can do this so can you!
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is really inspiring. I've been trying to get up the courage to start couch to 5k and this has really helped :)

This has been extremely inspiring. And I know I'm just on W1D3 BUT, this thread had helped motivate me a lot and giving me such great insight that it's made it easier! If I can do this so can you!

Have you a heart rate monitor?? Just to keep a check on your maxes?? I ran a 10k at approx 230lbs. Didnt follow an app or anything but I guess I did in a way by starting slow and building up gradually. I am currently doing the C210k - felt like seeing what the difference was by actually following a plan. Seems to be going ok.

Keep up the great work, you'll look back in a few weeks and not believe how much further on you are. Feel free to add me as a friend for some support if you fancy!