What is your newest food obsession?

Replies

• SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Not an item. But omg Panera.

The Mediterranean veggie sandwich... I am literally addicted to it. Their sandwiches in general are pretty good. As are their salads. Mmm.

Food item wise. I am currently obsessed with oatmeal. Very filling. Tastes delicious with peanut butter. It is quick and easy to make. Since my mornings are often hectic, it's nice being able to make something quick that is WAY more filling than cereal.

Bananas. Omg. Bananas. I could eat a lot of those.

And peanut butter. PB2. Honey peanut butter. The Jif chocolate mint pb spread that I found hidden in Big Lots... all peanut butter... when put around me disappears within a matter of days. I don't care. I find ways to fit PB into my day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Blueberries - because they're ripe and they're in my backyard!!!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Anything Reece's, I'm completely obsessed and am finding myself somehow 'fitting' at least 2 Reece's products into my calorie allowance on a daily basis. I live in the uk and Reece's are quite new here! I freaking love them!
  • Aishteru85
    Aishteru85 Posts: 51 Member
    cream puff and caramel creme pudding... ohhhmygosh!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Well my newest favorite addiction or cheat food is sugar cereals.

My newest favorite food that I haven't tried a lot of is beans! Only as of the last week. I frigging can't get enough of them they're awesome and for some reason, zero digestive issues. Also, do you know how much protein is in them? Hugggee! In a bowl of bean salad I think maybe 18-25g of protein.

Ive been adding them to my rice, making bean salad, going to make a bean packed chilli tomorrow.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Lately I've been in love with the Pumpkin coconut milk and lemongrass soup by Green Shoot. I add some vegetables and quinoa, shrimp or minced chicken and red or yellow curry paste and I get a delicious Thai soup out of it that I can't get enough of.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Sweet William Dairy free Easter Bunnies..
    Oh god ever since Easter I've had like 5 everyday, they are so good.
    Tastes like milk chocolate (being Vegan I've only had dark chocolate),
    Forgot how much I missed it.
  • Dry roasted edamama lightly salted. Great crunch and full of protein. :)
  • Becre8tive
    Becre8tive Posts: 108 Member
    oven grilled garlic - Parmesan Asparagus!

Sooooo yummmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    banana's and apples dipped in peanut butter.... especially when the fruit is cold!
  • jodescorinna
    jodescorinna Posts: 57 Member
    almond butter or nutella...

I need to get me some almond butter, hearing about it loads all over this site. Never seen it in the UK though, or maybe I've just not noticed it!
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Fun Dips, but since they are seasonal, I'm screwed once the box I have is out. Went to like 5 stores looking for some after Easter... yep, it's that bad.

And lately at night a bowl of orange slices and sliced bananas.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Tortilla chips and salsa...or guacamole...and actually salsa or guacamole on pretty much everything else too. Not a totally new obsession but pretty fierce lately.
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Avocado and egg toast

2 oz. avocado
    2 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    slice of whole wheat toast

I have it almost every morning. Some days I'll make a lighter calorie version and have it as a snack.
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    In response to looking for almond butter, it's really easy to make your own. Ever since buying some fresh ground almond butter at Whole Foods, I have been making my own. I put them in our Ninja and grind them up. I eat it every morning. As for my new food obsession, it's Cauliflower "Fried Rice".
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Fun Dips, but since they are seasonal, I'm screwed once the box I have is out. Went to like 5 stores looking for some after Easter... yep, it's that bad.

What? Fun Dips as in the candy with the edible stick and you eat the sugar in the bag? Those are 365 days a year here. I'm assuming it's something else?
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Cabbage here I just can't seem to get enough of it! :laugh: though I suspect pregnancy cravings to be responsible for this one! :ohwell:

CABBAGE! Me too, but I'm not pregnant... I got homemade sauerkraut from my mom's friend that I pile on my plate, and I bought a head to make wraps with. It was getting old so I made a stir fry, and I loved it so much I made it again even though there were leftovers still from the first batch.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Quest bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, cookie dough or raspberry white chocolate - heated for 8 seconds. UNREAL! And pretty much guilt-free!
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member

What? Fun Dips as in the candy with the edible stick and you eat the sugar in the bag? Those are 365 days a year here. I'm assuming it's something else?

Yup I mean those very ones! They aren't year round in Phoenix. I found some in the .99c store, so IF I can find some backstock or overstock, you know the usual placed .99c stores get their stuff, maybe I can get more. But not in regular stores. Especially the Strawberry and Watermelon ones. I told the kids (niece and nephews) if they touched them, they would die lol. They know where my stash is hahaha. My niece then told me I had an addiction lol, and yep... it is true.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Celery omelets. Sounds nasty, but if you first saute chopped celery with smoke paprika, it comes out amazing.