What is your newest food obsession?

Replies

• votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    A rolled up slice of turkey ham, filled with cottage cheese and about a tsp of fried onions :drinker:

I love this too! Every week, I go to the deli to get some turkey breast slices to roll with some low-cal and somewhat high protein cheese singles.
  • VirpiMR
    VirpiMR Posts: 1
    How do you do the kale stuff? how long in the owen and what temperature? salt?
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    I recently discovered jicama! They had a sample of it at the grocery store, and instantly I was like "Hello, where have you been my whole life??!"
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    May flower curry sauce with fake away chicken egg fried rice.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Coconut milk and coconut water! I've been drinking the water like a fiend, and I add the milk to just about everything- phenomenal!

Also: Chobani Flips Greek yogurt with separate mix ins. My fave is the Key Lime Crumble
    Eggs: I've never been very adventurous making them, but now that I'm branching out, I can't keep up with myself
    Just discovered Jello SF FF pudding mixes. 100 cals to eat the entire box, are you kidding me? I'll be having a LOT more pudding in the coming weeks. Wonder how they would taste with some coconut milk?

ETA: Forgot about my new favorite breakfast! Toasted brown bread with butter and strawberry jam. OMYUM.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Shortbread biscuits : )
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    I know to some this may sound gross... But lately I have been putting fried egg whites in oatmeal with a touch of honey... Something about the taste and combination of textures...
  • PriscillaLaine
    PriscillaLaine Posts: 124 Member
    I make a vegan spaghetti bolognese, which is my absolute favourite. I make a big batch, then freeze it in portions, literally have it for dinner almost every night!
  • tethar
    tethar Posts: 28 Member
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/f6aa1a08acbb97ad5cb14aa9731c83d8/tumblr_n595083jGb1slknwdo1_1280.jpg

http://37.media.tumblr.com/d767bc6293a6aba50dda9ebf0f3b1453/tumblr_n55pmcm9rs1slknwdo1_1280.jpg

I've been mixing cold brew tea and infused water. It's the same process to make it, so just toss some fruit into water with a tea bag.

Today I made peach green tea, so hopefully it will taste good!
  • Pre-made broccoli slaw - throw it on some spring mix or spinach with apple and almond slivers - instant lunch- very satisfying crunch and easy to do if you are on the run.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    jumbo jujubes
    blueberry bagels
    vegan carrot cake
  • freshjam
    freshjam Posts: 2
    Veggie soy crumbles. Perfect for tacos, or on tortillas
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Nori wrapped everything. Literally everything. Today it was a nori wrapped tuna salad.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Roasted broccoli.

I've been trying for years to find some way to make veggies a daily part of my eating. I've tried steaming them, I've tried microwaving them, I've tried just about every preparation.

Then, a friend began to rave about roasting. I love roasted broccoli (and other roasted veggies). Pam, salt, defrosted broccoli, oven at 410 for 40 minutes.

Yum!
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    uncle ben's ready rice, i'll take 90 seconds over 5 minutes anyday!
  • chloeealicee
    chloeealicee Posts: 204 Member
    Brazil, sultana, almond, peanut and hazel nut eat natural bars :love: i know they aren't very healthy but i'd pick one of those over a chocolate bar any day

Also scrambled egg, spinach and cheese on lightly toasted bread has been my lunch like 5 times this week :laugh:
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Protein pancakes topped with fresh fruit. YUMMY!!!

Welcome to my world! Tho I have mine with butter :love:
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Sea snax , sea weed chipotle flavour. Cant get enough of that crunch
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Avocados... I chug them down like crazy they are like the best fruit on the planet ...
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Smoothies! I have been addicted to them lately especially now that its getting hot

same here....I whipped myself up a Chocolate Mango Peach one this morning :) delish.

Me too!