What is your newest food obsession?

Replies

• FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    My newest obession is Broccoli Slaw. I add it to salads and stir frys...oh and I really like it sauteed and used as noodles with Marinara sauce...yum!

Really good with lettuce wraps too!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    I usually have several obsessions going at the same time.

Veggie: Asparagus, raw, with hummus. As soon as they are in season, it will be armenian cucumbers. Love those things.

Fruit: Cantaloupe. As soon as they are in season, cherries will be my next fruit obsession.

Soup: Been on a soup kick the last couple weeks. Usually homemade veggie/turkey soup.

I just retired a Vietnamese spring roll obession. Finally burned out on them.
  • rawmom14
    rawmom14 Posts: 1
    Kefir - growing my own from grains and adding it to Shakeology shakes for breakfast. It knocked out my sugar cravings!!!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    I'm on a veggie/egg stir fry kick.

Broccoli, red pepper and carrots. Chopped up to your liking, sauteed in a pan with a bit of coconut oil/sesame oil. Veggies should still have a bit of crunch to them..... and add in two eggs/eggwhites. Whatever you prefer. Finish sauteing and serve with your choice of salsa!

Its my go to lunch or dinner when I'm feeling lazy because it cooks up SO FAST!
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Cookies and Cream Quest Bars.

Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Bar (Luna)

I also just discovered that I like Nutella (or Nutella type hazelnut chocolate spread) and if I keep to 3/4 of the serving size (which is enough for me), I can have it on a "skinny bagel" or a waffle instead of peanut butter. Makes me feel like I'm cheating but I know I'm not because it's within my daily guidelines!
  • headfullofsongs
    headfullofsongs Posts: 50 Member
    Oikos Cafe Latte frozen yogurt. This stuff is dangerous in my freezer, so I try and lessen the damage by eating it all at once.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    there is a milky way bar that is JUST caramel covered in chocolate. tare open wrapper, eat, yum
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Black bean spaghetti. (http://www26.netrition.com/explore_asian_organic_black_bean_spaghetti.html)

2oz = 180 cals, 29g carbs (12g fiber), 25g protein.

I freakin love the stuff.
  • HockeyMommy2019
    HockeyMommy2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Mines definitely quinoa.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Nonfat, plain yogurt, greek or "Stonyfield" brand regular; canned sliced peaches in lite syrup or no sugar added, organic harvest grain cereal. I make a parfait out of this almost every night. Believe it or not, I don't feel good if I miss my yogurt for a day.
  • Msharp2587
    Msharp2587 Posts: 2
    Trader joes guacamole made with Greek yogurt perfect to dip with veggies!!!
  • Laka615
    Laka615 Posts: 157 Member
    Nutritional yeast! I love it on my popcorn!
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Might be old news to a lot of you guys, but... I've recently discovered the yumminess and wonders of cottage cheese! :D
  • Calamitycazza
    Calamitycazza Posts: 87 Member
    I am completely obsessed with sun-dried tomatoes in sunflower oil!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    RinnyLush,

I cannot find shredded conconut anywhere! Any suggestions?

Are you near a large city with an Asian mkt that people from India would shop at? That would be your best bet.
  • KatMarieLivinG
    KatMarieLivinG Posts: 42 Member
    CHAI SEEDS!! Put them in everything!!!
    Not really. But I love making pudding with them. Coconut pudding, banana pudding, almond chocolate milk pudding, orange pudding!!! mmMMMMMmmmmmmmMM!!!
  • Homemade Peanut Butter!!!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Smoothies! I have been addicted to them lately especially now that its getting hot

same here....I whipped myself up a Chocolate Mango Peach one this morning :) delish.
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Avacado! i try to make guacamole but i eat half the avacado by itself before i can make the dip !
  • Padzster
    Padzster Posts: 75 Member
    Chickpeas roasted with a bit of chilli powder and salt. Fantastic snack, replaces peanuts and crisps!