List your favorite healthy snack

Options
I love to see what healthy snacks people are eating so I can get new ideas and maybe add them to my meal plan. One of my favorite snacks is a whole wheat tortilla shell with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter spread on it. Then slice up a half of banana and roll it up and enjoy! Sooo good :-) The real recipe calls for a little bit of honey and mini dark chocolate chips but I leave those out. Got this snack from eatbetteramerica.com Check it out. Gives all the nutrition facts about the meals and snacks!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    either Fiber One bars or the new Mousse temptations from Jello, the one I get is mint chocolate, tastes very chocolaty and minty to get my sweetness fix, but its sugar free and only 60 cals
  • iknowicaniknowican
    Options
    I like an apple sliced up with some peanut better to dip it in. Turkey pepperoni and a sliced up string cheese. Greek yogurt with some berries and a little splenda. Air popped popcorn. Great post idea !
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    Sugar snap peas or Quaker Granola Crunchers (peanut butter)
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    celery sticks and 1 triangle of Laughing Cow light swiss
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Anything from The skinny cow. I love ice cream and this is a good way to get it and not feel like I am going over my calorie limit.

I also love PB on apples. Yummy!!!
  • rockchick793
    rockchick793 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like string cheese, a piece of celery with some laughing cow chees, greek yogurt, sorbert.....
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Oikos organic caramel (fat free) Greek yogurt. 110 calories.
  • Avalon203
    Options
    Rice cakes with laughing cow and turkey ham, hummous, salsa or sugar free jam! ( I am on a rice cake kick :love: )
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    1tbl fresh ground almond butter stirred into Activia Light vanilla yogurt = YUM!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sliced up banana drizzled with just a drop of honey and peanut butter to dip it in. Or celery and carrots dipped in Athenos Roasted Red Pepper hummus!! Yum!
  • Buccinator
    Options
    Oikos organic caramel (fat free) Greek yogurt. 110 calories.

This, but dip slices of apple into it! To me autumn means caramel apples and I might just be able to resist the real deal with this little trick.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A handful of grape tomatoes, or a honey crisp apple. When I want something REALLY sweet, I'll slice the apple, and sprinkle it with cinnamon and splenda, and then microwave it for a couple of minutes. YUM
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    boiled egg whites, Tyson Rosted Chicken Diced, and suggar free Tapioca pudding cups.
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    These are not my recipes - I actually got all of them from members here in the recipe forum... but they're my favorites!!! :-)

-Take a banana, and cut it down the middle lengthwise and then in half so that it'll be in fourths.
    -Put 1 tsp of Jiff reduced fat peanut butter on each piece... this can be a tricky task due to the two textures... but I put peanut butter in a sandwich bag, cut a small whole in the corner, and squirt a line on the banana slice (like how you squeeze out cake frosting)
    -Squirt a few drizzles of Hershey's chocolate syrup over the pieces.
    -Freeze for a few hours.

Cals: 95 Carbs: 16 Fat: 3 Protein: 3 Fiber: 1 Sodium: 67

Banana Split Dessert

PER SERVING (1 slice): 161 calories, 1.25g fat, 81mg sodium, 36g carbs, 3g fiber, 17g sugars, 3g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

People will FLIP when you slice into this crazy multi-serving dessert...

Ingredients:
    One 60-calorie sugar-free chocolate pudding snack (like the kind by Jell-O)
    2 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed
    3 cups fat-free vanilla ice cream (like Breyers Smooth & Dreamy Fat Free)
    1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
    2 bananas, sliced
    2 tbsp. Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrup
    1 tbsp. crushed dry-roasted peanuts
    8 maraschino cherries

Directions:
    Set out all your ingredients so your ice cream doesn't melt too much once you start assembling.

Combine pudding snack with Cool Whip in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.

Once slightly softened, scoop ice cream into a large pie pan and spread into an even layer along the bottom. Evenly place strawberry slices flat over the ice cream, pressing down lightly so they adhere.

Spread pudding/Cool Whip mixture into a smooth layer over the strawberries. Evenly place banana slices flat over this layer, and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with nuts and evenly place the cherries on top of the pie. Freeze for about 4 hours (or overnight), until completely firm.

Allow pie to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!

MAKES 8 SERVINGS
    PUMPKIN PIE MUFFINS

Nutritional info: (I entered all of this into the database so that I would have it in "my recipes")
    Makes: 12
    Serving size: 1 muffin
    Calories 194
    Total Fat: 6 g
    Carbs: 33
    Protein: 4
    Sodium: 239 mg
    Potassium: 163 mg

Ingredients
    Cooking spray (I use muffin cups as I don't like cooking spray)
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
    3 tablespoons molasses
    1/4 cup canola oil
    2 large eggs
    1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray (or use muffin cups).

In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, the baking soda, salt, and spices. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, molasses, oil, and one of the eggs until combined. Add the other egg and whisk well. Whisk in the pumpkin and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the buttermilk, just until combined. Put the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each about two-thirds full. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

Allow the muffins to cool about 15 minutes then remove from the muffin tins and allow to cool completely. Enjoy them warm or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
    Low Low Fat Brownie Recipe
    Submitted by hongchng
    Makes 24 servings

Low low fat brownie. serving size:24. Calorie: 37/serving (17g)

Ingredients 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    4 ounce (1/2 cup) applesauce
    2 eggs

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C). Grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
    2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, sugar and salt.
    3. Pour in oil, vanilla, applesauce and eggs. Mix until everything is well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
    4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until top is shiny and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  • tammy32
    tammy32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • mebkk
    mebkk Posts: 9
    Options
    mmmmm some of these sound great and I will be trying them! Thanks for sharing!!
  • schro151
    schro151 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with soy American cheese. 4tbsp egg whites, one slice soy cheese and a little pepper for seasoning comes to only 75 calories. Good source of protein.
  • katthomas
    katthomas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mistiegayle
    mistiegayle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump...:smile:
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Oh my that chocolate frozen recipe sounds delicious!!!!!!