weight watchers wtf !!!

Options
124»

Replies

• lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    down 1.6 :smile: and I really like my meeting...its very active! I think to each their own. Like I said, I would love to just do MFP...cause IM BROKE! But, this is for my health...and its worth the 10 bucks a wk. As far as starving, I was hungry the first few days because I was simply eating TOO much before. After being able to use extra points though, I wasnt hungry.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    rml_16

I ate a lot of high fiber/low point or no point foods. If I had to point out the biggest culprits...

0 points
    1/2 cup fiber one cereal
    fiber one yogurt
    vegetables... i figure at least 100 calories a day, if not more.

1 points
    WW yogurt
    low carb tortillas / flat out
    90 calorie fiber one bars

Using "set points" with some of my food choices, like berries (when raspberries are available here, it's hard to not eat the entire 6oz container), or lean meats like chicken.

I've never used SetPoints. Personally, I think it was a disservice to add them to the program. If I were to ever use them, it would only be if I were eating out somewhere and had no way to know how much or how it was prepared. If I'm eating raspberries out of the container, I know how much I'm eating (though raspberries aren't a lot of points for a lot of them).

I have a fruit smoothie pretty much every night. It includes a cup and a half of blackberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and all that fruit is only 1 point.

I tend to eat high-fiber foods, but mostly because I 95% of the time only eat whole grains, fruits, veggies and nuts. I'm vegetarian, so it helps a lot.

Anyone is free to look at my menus. They're public. And for a breakdown of what they translate to in points, I post every detail on my weight loss blog.

I really don't eat differently on WW than I was when I was just counting calories. For some reason, though, it works better for me. Might be psychological. :-)

And looking at what you posted, I would say my above post stands. You were eating food doctored to be really low in points and not necessarily making the best choices, including using SetPoints to eat more than you probably knew you should.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Good for you! They tell me I can only eat 17 points a day, but they will not go down that far so then I should have 18 - I was starving on 18 points a day. Their program was much betters YEARS AGO before they modified it - I would not recommend WW to anyone now
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Good for you! They tell me I can only eat 17 points a day, but they will not go down that far so then I should have 18 - I was starving on 18 points a day. Their program was much betters YEARS AGO before they modified it - I would not recommend WW to anyone now

18 was your minimum.

My first exposure to WW, they had point ranges, so at the lowest you got 18-23 points a day plus any activity points. Now, they took that 5-point range and spread it over 7 days, so you get 35 points to use any time, plus your minimum dailies, plus your activity points.

I do know there was a time that they didn't allow anyone below 20 points a day. I know I've gotten frustrated every time I've dropped to 19 and quit, so I decided this time to not go below 20, no matter what. I'll see how that works.

Most people do tweak the program a bit like that after a while on it.
  • bbgirl
    bbgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love Weight Watchers. It is a great program. I have to admit I am a yo-yo dieter, but that is not WW's fault. The program works if you work the program. AND YOU DO NOT STARVE!!!

I rejoined a couple of weeks ago. I love the new program.

But as always, you have to do what works for you. WW works for me.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    When I first started I went with the Weight Watcher's core program....I wanted a food list to eat from since I just wanted to start over. I luckily had a WW leader that was a nutritionist too & she was a great asset to those first few critical months.

I did not starve by any means! I quit because my leader left & the other leaders that rotated in her place just did not click with me. You get out of it what you put into it. It's *that* simple.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I plan to rejoin WW after I have my baby. I was on the program when I found out I was pregnant, and not only did they give me back the $ I paid in advanced, they gave me $ back for the month that passed!! I thouhgt that was very nice. Prob a mistake tho lol