Childish deletions

Noogynoogs
Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
Has anyone had friends on here that have deleted you for no reason?

Replies

• surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    No idea :laugh: probably.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Don't know, probs lol
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Yes, and then I hacked a drone, and "deleted" them.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Yup, their loss!
  • yes. Mostly for stupid misunderstandings :/
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Yes. I'm prone to bouts of depression and I understand that they might need the most tip-top and supportive of friends, so that's their choice.

I've only ever deleted one person after stating that the only people who seemed to find me attractive (another area of my life, nothing to do with MFP) were 250-300lbs and I got an agitated response from someone who was angered by my update, stating that "I'm 260 and I'm HELLA cute" even though she expected a man to be 6ft plus and jacked. The ongoing double standard led to me having to delete them. Ho hum.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Probably. Do I care or remember who they were: Nope.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    not sure, but I don't keep inactive people on my friends list though.
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Undoubtedly. But whatever. The only person I ever deleted was someone who I felt was childish and seemed to have difficulty understanding how to eat even after 2 years of logging... I decided she wasn't conductive to my weight loss and was just annoying me, so I deleted her. I didn't bother telling her, and she never asked, so whatever again.
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Yeap. I guess they did not appreciate i did not click on the ''like'' button or congratulated them everytime they ate under or at their calorie goal. That's not my job as a friend here. They are supposed to know why they are here, and these reasons should be a reward by themselves. I am happy to see they succeed, but i see my ''job'' here more as to cheer them up, listen to them, try to make them feel better about themselves in general, share tips, etc. Oh well i guess it's why i only have one friend here ( maybe i should check she did not delete me right now lol)
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    I don't know for sure, but I'm sure there are.... Honestly though, if there is someone on my friends list that has been inactive for more than 3 months, I typically remove them. There is a core group of people that I communicate with daily, and some a few times a week.
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Oh I'm sure I have.. tbh I probably didn't notice. >.>
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Nope. I'm fairly certain they had reasons for deleting me, and I don't immediately assume they're childish. Sometimes people just aren't a good fit. If I'm on somebody's FL, and they feel that way I'd hate it if they kept me around out of some foolish sense of obligation. I certainly wouldn't.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Different strokes for different folks. I have deleted people and people have deleted me. However sometimes I do feel like this:

tumblr_ltwekc8lJ51r2hybuo1_250.gif
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    @Random; I have to admit.. that made me snicker at the wrong moment with a cup of hot coffee.. Damn you!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    I've deleted people because I found them grating on my nerves. For various reasons. I'm sure they either didn't notice or had no clue why I deleted them.

I haven't noticed anyone delete me but if they do I'll assume it's for the same reason.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Everyone gets deleted at some point. I assume they have their reasons and don't really worry about it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/mfp-101-making-friends-608665
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    1. they are not your friends...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Thanks Guys and Gals - I am autistic and can't get to grips with social
    Etiquette.- putting myself out here in the forums for more social interaction. :drinker: