Childish deletions

Replies

• ND_Figgzie
    ND_Figgzie Posts: 1,480
    been deleted and have deleted. It's not just about support but personalities. It doesn't make sense to have a friend that doesn't interact or have any intention of getting personal. When I have been deleted, I have taken the high road and written that person an email saying I'm sorry if I was not supportive to their goals or mesh with them personally. Your friend list is going to need some tweaking and keeping it smaller is a better idea to keep it personal.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    I have 5 very close friends in my life and then my family. I don't care if anyone else decides to remove me from anything. I don't really delete people on this site because there is no reason to.
  • AlyssaSupernova
    AlyssaSupernova Posts: 45 Member
    Haha yeah, someone sent me a private message once telling me how she needed to delete me as a friend because I was not inspiring enough :p
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Oh I know they had their reasons.

Their petty, insignificant reasons.

I'm sure they spent quite some time working out plausible-sounding excuses, polite little contrivances like "I have too many friends" and it's surely nothing personal.

Once they got their petty little ducks in a row and were ready, they executed me like yesterday's inmates. I'm just some felon to these people, another convicted rapist who can be 'disappeared' with the simple flip of a switch or injection from a syringe.

But I'm NOT. I am NOT! I have never raped ANYONE.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    I've deleted and been deleted. Either way, it never bothers me. Some deletions are purely people who want to have a certain group of freinds with similar ideas (I take them all - no real preference in my circle) and others I could care less (usually unknown). I usually delete people who either have not been on in a while or never respond.

The thing is, only a few in my MFP circle know me in real life and even those are not the ones I go out to dinner with or have a sincere BFF relationship with. Either we are in the circle of support or we are not. Why should it matter? Why do we cling to others like a security blanket when we either will never meet face-to-face or have our own lives/drama to deal with?

Too often people create unnecessary drama by have unnecessary expectations of others.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Whose to say "childish"??? I'm sure the deletions that I received were based on some incompatibility and were only done after some consideration and thought. The same process I use when resorting to deleting people on my FL. Besides, I don't "own" my friends. They can do whatever they like.
    And this ^^
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Pretty sure there's always a reason. And if I eventually notice I usually think (or sometimes say outloud) BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That fcker didn't last long!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    You know what I think is childish? Whining about being unfriended by a random Internet person. Few things about this site annoy me as much as all the hand-wringing over being deleted from someone's friends list. Even posting the names of people who delete you so that the rest of your friends can tell you how much better off you are without them reeks of middle school. Seriously, some of you need to get a life.

Besides, if the person was that good of a friend, then you ought to know how to contact them outside of this site, and you ought to have enough respect for them to try to resolve the matter privately and spare the rest of us your emotional breakdown.
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Ithis isn't about me. Just a question I put out here for curiosity
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    I wouldn't call them childish. The site is meant for supporting one another. If a complete stranger decides to add you to their FL for more support and then discovers you are not compatible with their personality and/or goals and they decide to remove you, it's not childish unless they ran a smear campaign against you first.

I just got dumped last week. But honestly I probably would have dumped them soon; kinda glad they did it first, lol!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I have a core group of about 10 that Iinteract with regularly. Everyone else comes and goes. I like the keep my FL to about 12.
  • Trishsimon
    Trishsimon Posts: 129
    Has anyone had friends on here that have deleted you for no reason?

Yes one girl who didn't agree with the amount of time I was putting in for one type of exercise lol...so she deleted me :laugh:
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Possibly... But it probably was totally warrented since Im sick and twisted. Im beginning to wonder about the rest of my fl who havent pressed the delete button as yet. Those weirdos...
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    You know what I think is childish? Whining about being unfriended by a random Internet person. Few things about this site annoy me as much as all the hand-wringing over being deleted from someone's friends list. Even posting the names of people who delete you so that the rest of your friends can tell you how much better off you are without them reeks of middle school. Seriously, some of you need to get a life.

Besides, if the person was that good of a friend, then you ought to know how to contact them outside of this site, and you ought to have enough respect for them to try to resolve the matter privately and spare the rest of us your emotional breakdown.

Uhm...you did read the part about the poster being autistic and not so great with social cues right...so I don't think it was whining...just general curiousity about social norms for the site...and the OP didn't post any names, or call anyone out...I can totally see what your saying about middle school and how some people roll, but such was not the case here...maybe you didn't read before you assumed? Just sayin...:ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Thanks Mate - Autistic people have the habit of nci quite getting the wording right and can come across as offensive :)
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member

Uhm...you did read the part about the poster being autistic and not so great with social cues right...so I don't think it was whining...just general curiousity about social norms for the site...and the OP didn't post any names, or call anyone out...I can totally see what your saying about middle school and how some people roll, but such was not the case here...maybe you didn't read before you assumed? Just sayin...:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Here's what I know, you don't have to be autistic to have trouble with social interactions. And that's proved on a daily basis around here. I think the OP will be just fine.

Truth! I don't disagree...and it could be it's Monday and I've only had one cup of coffee...but the other post came off as condescending and judgemental with no info..Que sera sera! :smile:
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Yup even though I support them and comment on all their post. I just dont know they reason why they do it.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    who knows, who cares. I really only delete ppl who are inactive.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Has anyone had friends on here that have deleted you for no reason?

Yes one girl who didn't agree with the amount of time I was putting in for one type of exercise lol...so she deleted me :laugh:

Hahaha that's the silliest thing ever!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    The online "Friends" concept is an interesting one. It says a lot about how our idea of friendship has devolved.

Maybe it's a term started on Facebook? I don't know. I'm not on it.

In actuality, unless we decide to meet in person and develop an ongoing face to face relationship, none of us are friends. No matter how friendly our online interactions are. And I'm not dismissing friendly online interactions. I like them.

The bottom line is, if a gal finds a lump in her breast or if a guy wakes up and discovers gangrene on his balls, these online "friends" aren't coming over with chicken soup and a DVD. They won't be taking your call at 2 a.m. to walk you through the panic attacks.

We're words on a screen.

That's about it. And we can still have fun with it.

But friends? Support? <eyeroll>

Aren't you sweet? :flowerforyou: