Childish deletions

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Thanks Mate - its hard on the social front with autism - have a good day :)
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    yeh ive been deleted by many when i have a period of depression, i have ptsd and sometimes life can feel like living hell and i might not wanna log cals etc... i dont care who deletes me. just happy that many do stick around. x
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Whose to say "childish"??? I'm sure the deletions that I received were based on some incompatibility and were only done after some consideration and thought. The same process I use when resorting to deleting people on my FL. Besides, I don't "own" my friends. They can do whatever they like.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Don't know but since I only have 1 person on my friends list from real life, it doesn't really bother me much and since that person is my mom, that's not going to happen any time soon.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    I have Been deleted the same day AFTER warning them i am a bit wild and perverted..there its always a reason. Just front sweat it...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Has anyone had friends on here that have deleted you for no reason?

Hmm, sounds like a post about posterior pain to me.

butt-hurt.jpg
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Probably!

6854sn.gif
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes, and I went into deep depression for several seconds.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Yep, and I've done the same. No big deal. If I'm not interacting with someone I delete them. I like to keep my friends list very small so that I can actually support the people on it. If someone is inactive or unsupportive, why bother having them there?
  • I don't have any friends here, so no.
  • OMG, yes, I have been deleted by tons of people, who felt inclined to PM me a rationale, stating my posts are not all fitness related, lol. And my BFF on here calls me the 'deleter' of MFP. Because, I delete people all the time for one of two reasons. Lack of interaction or I find something distasteful in your personality I can not relate to. With all that being said, it's the internet! Who cares. Just roll with the punches and be yourself...I am who I am said Sam I am...:drinker:
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Whose to say "childish"??? I'm sure the deletions that I received were based on some incompatibility and were only done after some consideration and thought. The same process I use when resorting to deleting people on my FL. Besides, I don't "own" my friends. They can do whatever they like.

This is what I was thinking. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were childish unless they emailed you with "neener neener neener" when they did it. :laugh: If I delete someone, it's usually because they haven't proven to be a real person and appear to be a lurker. I'm very leery of strangers, that's just me.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I have no idea, they probably have but I just haven't noticed
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Don't know so obviously I don't miss them. Must have been mutual :-)
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Yup, their loss!

This
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Try not to let it get to you. Often it's more about them than you. Best not to get too wrapped up in the motivations of people you've never met. Just let it go and worry about yourself is all.

Well said!!!
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    I've been deleted, but I wouldn't call it childish. I've also deleted people. I deleted a guy for being pervy. I've deleted people who went inactive for a while since I have no interest in being a friend collector. I like to keep my list pretty small with active people. To me, it's definitely nothing to get offended over.
  • Try not to let it get to you. Often it's more about them than you. Best not to get too wrapped up in the motivations of people you've never met. Just let it go and worry about yourself is all.

You're cute in this Avatar Mr Smile's...:bigsmile:

Well said!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member

Hmm, sounds like a post about posterior pain to me.

butt-hurt.jpg

Be nice, lover. Somebody sits on the same spectrum as you.