When did it hit you that you weren't fat anymore?

Options

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    ♦ When my sexy underwear started to fit like outside shorts
    ♦ When I was able to feel my ribcage for the first time ever
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Still working on it, mentally. ohwell
    You should know how great you look.
    I'm still waiting for that moment.

This girl is certifiably hot.
    I'm still technically fat but yeah, still waiting to feel less so. I legit asked my sister this weekend if my mirror made me look smaller than I am because I just cannot compute

You're technically stunning.
    I am waiting to hit that. But I I recently started fitting into Junior plus. I am no longer stuck at shopping at the BIG girl stores. Which helps my wallet

Only store you need to be shopping at is the SEXY girl store.
    I'll let you know when it happens. Old mental patterns are hard to break.

Break that **** hard, because you are every different kind of gorgeous.

Because I just couldn't stand by while such amazing women felt bad about the way they look.
    (also I don't care how much I lost, I still feel like a fat goblin 90% of the time. Shut up. You won't change my mind)
    ^^All this plus 1.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Just last night I went to a concert and the seats were narrow and close together. With my sweater shoved on one side of me and my purse on the other I still had wiggle room. I was comfortable and when I looked down at my lap I finally saw my thinner self.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I've had people not recognize me but i think it happened when i took a new job recently. We were having an office conversation about food and I chimed in with my 2 cents and at the end i said, "you can trust me, i'm a fat kid". The girl who sits next to me, just looks at me and says, "you're not fat". It hit me then that my fat kid credentials have been revoked.
  • rikracer61
    rikracer61 Posts: 208
    Options
    I was doing laundry and I took jeans out of the dryer. I started to fold them and was tring to figure out whos they were they were so small. Then I realized they were mine! I have gone from a size 46-48 waist to a size 33 so it really hit home then.
    Rick
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

I'm still technically fat but yeah, still waiting to feel less so. I legit asked my sister this weekend if my mirror made me look smaller than I am because I just cannot compute

I am waiting to hit that. But I I recently started fitting into Junior plus. I am no longer stuck at shopping at the BIG girl stores. Which helps my wallet

Because I just couldn't stand by while such amazing women felt bad about the way they look.
    (also I don't care how much I lost, I still feel like a fat goblin 90% of the time. Shut up. You won't change my mind)
    ^^All this plus 1.

+2
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :blushing:

I will not shut up when it comes to telling you how damn sexy you are. Get used to it.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's almost been a year and it still hasn't hit me.
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It finally hit me the other day that I wasnt fat anymore! I saw my shadow, looked down at it and smiled so big. I still have a few little areas to work on but for the most part I am so happy!!! Im down about 40lbs in a year and for being a shortie (5'2") that was a lot of weight to hold onto. Gonna keep it off and enjoy looking at the new beautiful me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This was awesome. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :blushing:

I will not shut up when it comes to telling you how damn sexy you are. Get used to it.

+1
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    When all of my modern clothing became too big I replaced almost everything. Then, the replacement clothes became too big. I didn't want to spend any more until I stopped losing weight. So I dug through my really old clothes, which were from college, when I was lean, and they fit very well.

That's when I knew.
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you! CONGRATS!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Yes, indeed! I was at home.... content with being fat, left out, looked over, and INVISIBLE. I was the one who made fun of myself to pretend it did NOT hurt, or phrase me. But, NOW..... I have seen the light.

I realized that I was getting pretty thin when I felt my bones protruding one night in bed. I'd never had such memories before..... I could only recall myself feeling like I was too big for my little Full sized bed, and would need to upgrade soon or risk falling taking a tumble. :noway:

Now, by the Grace of God..... I see that I can fully let go of my own prejudices against myself and be totally FREE. I was 400 lbs but now I am 200..... and I am staying on this Journey. I will level out between 180 and 190 because I don't want to be much smaller and began looked boney. I am Happy with how I look now, but I have a strong desire to secure that 15 pound security gap. When I've secured that goal..... I will be able to embrace the new me.... and put my scales away for a spell. I will weigh like once a month then. After being on this Journey all these months; and learning new good habits, and breaking the chains of those old bad habits I feel so awesome that I truly believe the chains of Obesity are forever broken in my life. its quite an accomplishment... To God be the GLORY! All I really did was embrace His plan..... and allow him to Bless me.

Food has new healing meaning to me nowadays. I have no desire to eat a bucker of friend chicken.... and can barely eat one baked chicken breast now. Believe me - Thats a MIRACLE!

When I go to the store I make better food choices, and I am fully activated as my own Health advocate. I am a NEW person..... and my body image has improved so much..... and I am still transforming.

I look and feel super awesome now..... I am no longer faking it!!!

From size 42 to 14 is no joke!!! Its a BLESSING! A GIFT..... and it truly keeps on giving!

It feels good!!!!!! MFP.com Rocks!!!!!! They are a great & true part of my amazing story.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Still trying to wrap my head around what I think I am :smile:

I still feel chubby, of course I didn't realize I was fat until I started losing weight :frown:

Over the weekend I was cleaning out my closet and found some of my tiny daughters clothes and figured I would try them on for fun . . . the pants fit me (though not a style I would wear) and the tops fit, in fact I incorporated the tops into my stuff :happy:

Pants size 4 and top size Small - I think I feel fat because I am caught up with the numbers on the scale I am 5'2" and weigh 158 lbs. I hope in time it will get better :indifferent:
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options

I don't think realize how gorgeous you are! Seriously, I would NEVER think fat when I look at you!

Something you should be saying while looking in a mirror JP.

Touche :blushing:
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It still has not hit me yet. I know it SHOULD register but it doesnt. I still see big me in the mirror but when i fold my clothes they look like childrens clothes to me. Sigh.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I keep hoping it will hit me one day...........
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I was sitting in my car itching my knee or something, and I noticed how different my legs felt. They felt so much more lean and that's when it hit me! One of the best feelings in the entire world.

I had a moment similar to this when i went to tie my shoes and realized how much easier it was to reach my feet.