Long Hair... Don't care

wnt2bhlthy4me
wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
The more weight I lose, the more I think about cutting my hair short. I've always kept it long because it hid flab and camel humps and everything else. Thinking since I'm getting lighter, so should this hair. Anyone else went shorter after your weight loss? Were you happy with the change?

Replies

• infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Opposite for me. With my weight loss I have let my hair grow out. I feel sexier and more feminine with it with. Love it :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Donate it!
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Can't donate. It's not "virgin" hair.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Personally I relate hair length to age. Just my opinion but very few older folk pull off long hair
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Personally, I don't think long hair hides nearly as much as some women believe it does.

I've had short and long hair both at my heaviest weights (270-307) and I truly think that for me I looked a bit thinner with short hair than I did with long. I typically get a lot more attention & compliments etc, when my hair's very short. Right now I am trying to grow it out which is a grueling process.

I think hair is a fun thing to play around with...long, short, or anything in between...color, style, etc. It is *relatively* easy to change if you don't like it. Especially if you have been thinking of a change for quite awhile...may as well go for it!
  • emeraldeyes_bc
    emeraldeyes_bc Posts: 200 Member
    I just cut off all my hair and dyed it :/ I regret the colour, lol but don't mind the length. Luckily my hair grows really fast.
    It's only been about 3 weeks and I'm already planning to get my original colour back :p
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Last time I tried to lose weight I chopped off all of my hair. I went really short. It was nice, but I ended up growing my hair back again. This time I am just doing a lot of braids.

I really like having hair and although it's just now shoulder length, I look forward to feeling it brush my butt again.

Long straight and blunt is where it's at.
  • jchap389
    jchap389 Posts: 54
    Long and Blonde!! :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Personally I relate hair length to age. Just my opinion but very few older folk pull off long hair

lol whaa ok
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Do what works for you. And a short haircut will grow back.

When it gets warm, I sweat enough in the gym to have to wash my hair each time I exercise, and I train 6 days a week; sometimes twice a day. I need short hair so it will dry fast. But I left it grow out come fall.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Geeze. Now you have me thinking about cutting mine...would be so much easier to swim.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Don't let my picture fool you..my hair is shorter now. I love it! I won't go back to to
    <
    ever again!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    WTH is 'camel humps'??
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Me before with shoulder length hair:

4a257e75-e7a0-4134-a7e8-7a0d369f0d4b_zpsdabd4408.jpg

Me now with pixie cut (super short):

51896525-f224-4db7-8b8f-93cd6dd7a65d_zps354588c2.jpg

I love my short hair!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Can't donate. It's not "virgin" hair.

You can still donate it if it's been dyed as long as it hasn't been bleached.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html
  • fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Opposite for me. With my weight loss I have let my hair grow out. I feel sexier and more feminine with it with. Love it :)

^^ this
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    I chopped mine off recently. It makes me feel fit and sassy. :D
  • Guinness80
    Guinness80 Posts: 39 Member
    I regretted the one time I cut my hair short. And just about any short style I tried made my cheeks look fatter than they were. Just did not suit me at all. So I keep my hair layered and at least shoulder length, but usually longer. Right now its mid-back.

I think long/short being related to age as someone else suggested is getting to be a bit outdated view. You should do what flatters your features. A good stylist would be able to help you decide.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    No choice.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    My hair is currently the longest it's been in about 16 years and I'm not cutting it off again. Just a trim here and there.