Long Hair... Don't care

Options

Replies

• 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Women seem to cut their hair short for themselves (just to do something different, make a statement about something, or because they are sick of managing it) and not really to appeal to the opposite sex.

This guy gets it. And strangely enough some members of the opposite sex still do find us attractive and/or are willing to have sex with us anyway.

Because bewbs.
  • beth4dieting3
    beth4dieting3 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've had all sorts of hair length over the years. I am now growing it back out again because it's fun. However, a shorter look, a bob mid-neck actually slims you down. It brings out the curve of your neck and shoulders and makes you appear slimmer. Long hair, if not totally rocking hair, can weigh you down. If you've had it for a long time and associate it with trying to cover up fat, I would say cut it off. It will be liberating for you and sassy. I think you should go for it - in the end, it can always grow back. Best of luck! Beth
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Women seem to cut their hair short for themselves (just to do something different, make a statement about something, or because they are sick of managing it) and not really to appeal to the opposite sex.

This guy gets it. And strangely enough some members of the opposite sex still do find us attractive and/or are willing to have sex with us anyway.

Because bewbs.

See? You get it too.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Because bewbs.

awwwwww yeah....
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of growing mine out and then cutting it off. Right now it's a couple inches past my shoulders, and I want to see if I can get it longer. However, I have a LOT of issues with breakage, that makes me want to cut it short! However, when I have it above my shoulders, I remember why I don't like it short! One end will curl under and the other side flips out, no matter what I do with it!

^^THIS^^ LOL
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I think that measuring your haircut appeal by the willingness of males to have sex with you will reveal that practically all men love all imaginable haircuts, short or otherwise, and are generally willing to go along with it if you happen to have a head attached to your body and a pulse.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Opposite for me. With my weight loss I have let my hair grow out. I feel sexier and more feminine with it with. Love it :)

Me too!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Can't donate. It's not "virgin" hair.

You can check with Pantene. They have a donation program, but they are not as strict as others on what they accept.

I didn't read other posts, so sorry if that's already been suggested.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ulta will cut the hair free if you donate it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I have shaved sides and long hair. Best of both world? Lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options

I think that measuring your haircut appeal by the willingness of males to have sex with you will reveal that practically all men love all imaginable haircuts, short or otherwise, and are generally willing to go along with it if you happen to have a head attached to your body and a pulse.

Yup. They also don't care much about your fashion choices either.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Personally I relate hair length to age. Just my opinion but very few older folk pull off long hair

Not sure it's so much age (or gender) as it is the individual person and what does or doesn't suit them. I'm 29 and whether in my teen years or now, longer hair just suits me.....and the boyfriend who is 42 has always had long hair (like REALLY long) and rocks it.

But getting back to the OP, I've always found changing something about my appearance makes me feel better especially if I'm losing weight but things aren't changing as quickly as I'd like. So why not give a shorter hairstyle a try? If you're uncomfy with a super short sty go for something in between and if you love that and feel even more adventurous, go pixie :) And Yes, as other folks have said, you can still donate if dyed as long as it's healthy and unbleached. My children have each made multiple (virgin hair) donations and the last time I cut mine (a LONG time ago) I did as well despite a dye job.
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

This is exactly what my fiance thinks! He hated it when I cut my hair, once about 3 years ago.
  • ohsnapitssummer
    ohsnapitssummer Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever cut my hair short. I've always worn it long.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    Options
    PSA to all the women out there: NEVER CUT YOUR HAIR!!!!!! Trim it, style it, whatever. But ponytails are hot and we need something to pull during our special moments together.

aab990466e8c56048a112ede06b1c3d1.jpg
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of growing mine out and then cutting it off. Right now it's a couple inches past my shoulders, and I want to see if I can get it longer. However, I have a LOT of issues with breakage, that makes me want to cut it short! However, when I have it above my shoulders, I remember why I don't like it short! One end will curl under and the other side flips out, no matter what I do with it!

the answer to that is to obviously go shorter ;)

I don't like it shorter as personally I don't think really short hair is feminine looking. I have nothing against people with extremely short hair (I have an Aunt with really short hair) it's just a personal view. The shortest I've ever had it was chin length and I wouldn't go shorter then that. Though see my original post to know why I don't really want to take it that short again!
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more I think about cutting my hair short. I've always kept it long because it hid flab and camel humps and everything else.
    Camel humps? I'd pay to see that.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options

It's nice to have standards. :tongue:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

yeah I'm not really sure anyone mentioned caring about sex appeal... because- yeah. we don't. LOL

PSA to all the women out there: NEVER CUT YOUR HAIR!!!!!! Trim it, style it, whatever. But ponytails are hot and we need something to pull during our special moments together.
    Prettiness/attractiveness is not a rent to be paid for living in the space marked "female"

news flash- we actually are not put on earth to please you. and if you think only long hair can be pulled- yer doing it wrong.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I tend to keep my hair relatively short anyways because it works better with my face (and I frankly can't handle long hair). But when I hit my goal, I'm going Pixie cut!!!