Allons-y!

Options

Replies

• DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Like the motto most companions live by, I just RUN! Man...that was horribly cheesy. I ran a Doctor Who virtual 5k and got a really cool medal. Of all my medals, that's my fave!

Geek to the core!

where is this race held, how much to paticipate, what date, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

It's a group on Facebook and it's virtual so you can run it anywhere in space and time.

69b0a495-6b1e-4039-a954-d7f9d82dfe74_zps49844b11.jpg

Here's a picture of the medal we got for our first Doctor Who virtual run.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/362677597172367/

Looks like next medal is a Cyberman medal.

Whyyyyyyy am I not a runner?!?!
  • rabps
    rabps Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Where has this thread been all my life?! 9 was my first and will forever by my favorite. 10 was awesome and I can't get enough of him. 11 grew on me...eventually. Hoping 12 is more like 9.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Like the motto most companions live by, I just RUN! Man...that was horribly cheesy. I ran a Doctor Who virtual 5k and got a really cool medal. Of all my medals, that's my fave!

Geek to the core!

where is this race held, how much to paticipate, what date, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

It's a group on Facebook and it's virtual so you can run it anywhere in space and time.

69b0a495-6b1e-4039-a954-d7f9d82dfe74_zps49844b11.jpg

Here's a picture of the medal we got for our first Doctor Who virtual run.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/362677597172367/

Looks like next medal is a Cyberman medal.

Yes, the 2nd one is a cyberman

F6292B92-E665-443D-A90C-91F38641FD15_zps8ocgcusl.jpg
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    For my Trek/Sherlock friends:

cumberbatch_shower_scene_zps75c56b2b.jpg

jenna-marbles-4.jpg?w=500&h=253
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Whyyyyyyy am I not a runner?!?!

You don't have to run. It's called a run but you can clock up the miles by walking, running, cycling, swimming, cartwheeling, skipping
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I also klicked expecting something Doctor Who related :-) My man printed me a tardis:

1453342_10202220293976198_451545231_n.jpg

I love Donna. Also her comedy is great: posh people or the offensive translator - no matter how often I watch it, I always crack up.

As seen in my profile pic I adore Calin&Hobbes, I love them since my childhood, soooo great! Sherlock, Firefly, Buffy, yeah.
  • 23crizzle
    23crizzle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Totally adding you! Fellow Whovian, geek of all trades, Board game addict.
  • soospickle
    soospickle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I appreciate Dr. Who but I don't watch it religiously. I do like Star Wars, Trek, Adventure Time, video games and have a love for all things nerdy :D
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    After seeing Allons-y I was suspecting Borderlands and not Dr. Who lol. Open to new friends, restarting my travels to healthy and happy and fellow geeks are a plus!

I immediately thought of Claptrap when I read the thread title. Glad I'm not the only one!
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and all of the nerdies!!!! I just spent a good 30 minutes at work reading all of this lol. So thank you for that wonderful distraction!
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I reply once yesterday and look how the thread has grown in 24 hours! lol Nice to meet you all. Fandoms unite!!

And that Dr. Who 5k... I may not be a runner, but I'm totally signing up!! (I'm working on becoming a runner, so this will be great for training, right? lol)
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Seriously I just want to be friends with ALL OF YOU....
  • annasensei
    Options
    This post has been pretty hilarious. I'm on Imgur a lot, and the Dr. Who posts always tend to be the most entertaining. I watch anime, but after hearing so much about the illustrious Doctor, I may have to set aside some time to watch the series. Another summer project.

I have found a way to integrate my nerdiness into my fitness routine as well. I watch anime on my phone while I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. It's a nice reward system. ^_^
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I love this thread and all of the nerdies!!!! I just spent a good 30 minutes at work reading all of this lol. So thank you for that wonderful distraction!

Doesn't anything DW related always make the best distraction? :smile:
  • moondancer2010
    moondancer2010 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I have found a way to integrate my nerdiness into my fitness routine as well. I watch anime on my phone while I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. It's a nice reward system. ^_^

Why have I not done this! Next time I run, I am so watching something. Not sure what yet, but I'll find something good, lol
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm a total Whovian and have been since the original DW, I love the Doctor. Tom Baker was my first doctor! Also love Star Trek, Supernatural and Sherlock. Im a fan girl!
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    In cause bow ties are cool :]
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am a Whovian, but I am also other things as well.
  • JessieSky
    JessieSky Posts: 79
    Options
    I love this thread...definitely need a few nerd friends on here =).