Allons-y!

Options

Replies

• GunterRose
    GunterRose Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow nerds! Please add me! I love the Doctor, as well as Firefly, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, MCU, this list could go on all day!

Feel free to add me or message me. Let's support each other!
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I like Doctor Who and quite a few other nerdy sci-fi shows - but I don't admit to being a nerd.

I so rarely wear my glasses - so who'd ever suspect?
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    SwUysoe.gif
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Whovians!

I think we need a Doctor Who themed 5k. Just like with the Vampire Run 5k or Zombie Apocalypse 5ks there can be chasers and they will wear shirts like this..

71815.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

or masks like this..

silence1.jpg

And then there will be those trying to escape. They could wear something like this t-shirt or general Whovian/Doctor/Companion wear.

tr401atk-w484h484z1-34230-i-dont-remember-why-im-running-do-you.jpg

Also essential would be carrying markers for tally marks.

This could be extra fun if each year we had the chasers be different aliens. Escapees could dress as all sorts of Whovian goodness! Also there would be lots of Doctors there to remind us to "RUN!"

So.. Who's in?

(^_^)
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I would love to do something like that!!! What a fantastic idea!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Like the motto most companions live by, I just RUN! Man...that was horribly cheesy. I ran a Doctor Who virtual 5k and got a really cool medal. Of all my medals, that's my fave!

Geek to the core!

where is this race held, how much to paticipate, what date, I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

It's a group on Facebook and it's virtual so you can run it anywhere in space and time.

69b0a495-6b1e-4039-a954-d7f9d82dfe74_zps49844b11.jpg

Here's a picture of the medal we got for our first Doctor Who virtual run.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/362677597172367/

Looks like next medal is a Cyberman medal.

On the waiting list.....I want both medals so bad!
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I would love to do something like that!!! What a fantastic idea!

Thanks! I would totally enjoy making this healthy geek out fest possible!
  • karins4
    karins4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I put my name on the waiting list for the virtual DW 5K. I can't run but I'm going to try to walk it. :happy:

I feel like this story would be appreciated here...several months ago I was in a store and they have music playing. I'm walking around when all of a sudden I hear "Hey, who turned out the lights?" exactly the way Proper Dave said it! I froze where I was and counted the shadows. Apparently there was a commercial now playing on the speaker although I have no idea what it was for. I was so shocked to hear that phrase I didn't think to pay attention to what was said next.

10255207_854442654569763_3716031215234644216_n.png
  • bleachedsnow
    bleachedsnow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Allonsy and 10th Doctor brought me here :D As a college student, horrible time eating clean. It's practically impossible. I really need friends so I can be guilted into staying under my calorie limit. I hope my fellow Whovians will support me in my endeavor. Add me!
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    And one for the road...

xQi2Nlm.jpg

This is legitimately my reaction to watching.... <3<3
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Who is this Doctor of which you speak?
    That is correct. :laugh:

2u9pttv.jpg

I watched this! It was FANTASTIC!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think my goal tonight is to find all the QI clips from when Tennant was on and watch them. Good gosh, I love how freaking intelligent British actors/comedians are.
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add this Whovian!
  • Bookwormdee
    Bookwormdee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Whovian and proud Hufflepuff here. Please add me. :)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Ordered badge ribbons for my conventions this year. Very much hoping I fit into my Moment costume for my con in 2 weeks. If not, it will definitely fit by my con in July, and then I'll get it taken in for my con in November.

13898863158_c4cdfabe03.jpg

This will be my second DW cosplay. I did my first last November. I was Molly O'Sullivan, who if you don't know, should immediately google, along with Big Finish. That costume is now too big, so I'll be getting it altered to wear it again, although I think I'll wait until the fall when I'm closer to my goal weight to do that.

Any other DW cosplayers in the house?
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I was born a geek and when my consciousness is uploaded to a transforming flying cyborg body complete with a lightsaber, photon torpedoes, warp drive, a built-in-holodeck, and a sonic screwdriver, I will STILL be a geek! :drinker:
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yay for nerdiness!! Nerdy friend requests are always welcome over here! :)
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    Ordered badge ribbons for my conventions this year. Very much hoping I fit into my Moment costume for my con in 2 weeks. If not, it will definitely fit by my con in July, and then I'll get it taken in for my con in November.

13898863158_c4cdfabe03.jpg

This will be my second DW cosplay. I did my first last November. I was Molly O'Sullivan, who if you don't know, should immediately google, along with Big Finish. That costume is now too big, so I'll be getting it altered to wear it again, although I think I'll wait until the fall when I'm closer to my goal weight to do that.

Any other DW cosplayers in the house?

When I get to where I want to be my husband has agreed to take me to my first comic con (he REALLY doesn't want to go!) & I will proudly be dressing up! I've never been comfortable enough to dress up & be around that many people before :ohwell:
  • MissBryonyF
    MissBryonyF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    French? Totally clicked on this expecting a Doctor Who fan and was not disappointed. Check my photos for my wedding cake topper ;)

Massive nerd, Star Trek, Star Wars, massive Who fan, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape etc etc. Love my nerd stuff!!
    WOOOOO! I love Buffy and Angel, Spike is the BEST!:glasses: :heart: :love: