Allons-y!

Options

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Whovians!

I think we need a Doctor Who themed 5k. Just like with the Vampire Run 5k or Zombie Apocalypse 5ks there can be chasers and they will wear shirts like this..

71815.jpg.square-true_maxheight-285_size-285.jpg

or masks like this..

silence1.jpg

And then there will be those trying to escape. They could wear something like this t-shirt or general Whovian/Doctor/Companion wear.

tr401atk-w484h484z1-34230-i-dont-remember-why-im-running-do-you.jpg

Also essential would be carrying markers for tally marks.

This could be extra fun if each year we had the chasers be different aliens. Escapees could dress as all sorts of Whovian goodness! Also there would be lots of Doctors there to remind us to "RUN!"

So.. Who's in?

(^_^)

That sounds cool! But, the t-shirts should kind of be Angels because, you know, the image of an Angel *is* an Angel, so then there'd be a real reason to be running!
  • mathjulz
    Options
    Awesome fezzes ^^^^^

c9dd4889360bb66f574e9deefe77544e.jpg
    I miss Donna!

Omg, I totally lost it. I can just HEAR her.

On a somewhat-unrelated note, does anyone know a good place to stream the Tennant-Tate Much Ado About Nothing?

Yes, that picture seems very appropriate here! :bigsmile:

As for Much Ado, I don't know where to get the whole thing :sad: but I've seen clips of it on You-Tube and it is hilarious.
  • mathjulz
    Options
    I said it earlier, but reiterating because I'm loving the new friends I've gotten from this ... feel free to send me a request!!

Sadly, my husband wouldn't go with naming this baby River or Melody if it's a girl. :noway: :laugh: Hmm, maybe we could go with Rory for a boy, though ?
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    There was a beyond adorable child at Chicago TARDIS this year. His mom made him 2 fabulous outfits (that I saw).

tumblr_mx1xe4AQJ41r6qymio2_1280.jpg

Sadly, I didn't witness this, but just the picture melts my heart. Colin apparently told him he was the only one who could make that coat look good.

tumblr_mx3jr0Zl0G1qhlmruo1_500.jpg
  • DoctorMcCoy10
    DoctorMcCoy10 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awww that little boy is adorable!!! I told my husband when we get another puppy we will name it rory for a boy or Clara or Rose for a girl! He loves Doctor Who also so to him it's no biggie : )
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Whovians and general geeks please feel free to add me!!!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Love DW and other geeky stuff too :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    internetdance_zps919f00fe.gif

So happy to see this thread still going ...... just what I needed before heading off to the salt mines :laugh:

Mary Ann
  • mathjulz
    Options
    That little boy is adorable, and he makes such a good Angel and Doctor. I love that 2nd pic and the story :happy:
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    f99af3522c2ddb4ab8c58e4a16996523.jpg

020cfd36a4ca595592a08f7e7c1e34ee.jpg

and for my fellow Supernatural fans
    1d9516cd91d87766d8952d0d2aade13a.jpg
    Am I interrupting something?

Oh my gosh, I nearly died laughing. My husband now thinks I'm crazy.
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    Ordered badge ribbons for my conventions this year. Very much hoping I fit into my Moment costume for my con in 2 weeks. If not, it will definitely fit by my con in July, and then I'll get it taken in for my con in November.

13898863158_c4cdfabe03.jpg

This will be my second DW cosplay. I did my first last November. I was Molly O'Sullivan, who if you don't know, should immediately google, along with Big Finish. That costume is now too big, so I'll be getting it altered to wear it again, although I think I'll wait until the fall when I'm closer to my goal weight to do that.

Any other DW cosplayers in the house?

When I get to where I want to be my husband has agreed to take me to my first comic con (he REALLY doesn't want to go!) & I will proudly be dressing up! I've never been comfortable enough to dress up & be around that many people before :ohwell:

I have never been to a Con, and I REALLY want to go. Maybe I'll start researching South Dakota and see if they have any...
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    I said it earlier, but reiterating because I'm loving the new friends I've gotten from this ... feel free to send me a request!!

Sadly, my husband wouldn't go with naming this baby River or Melody if it's a girl. :noway: :laugh: Hmm, maybe we could go with Rory for a boy, though ?

Funny story, my daughter is named Rose, but we named her before I started watching, so I can be a Who geek parent without, you know, being a TOTAL Who geek parent. XD
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    French? Totally clicked on this expecting a Doctor Who fan and was not disappointed. Check my photos for my wedding cake topper ;)

Massive nerd, Star Trek, Star Wars, massive Who fan, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape etc etc. Love my nerd stuff!!

BUFFYYYYYYYYY!!!!
    SG-1!!!!!!!!

*add*
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I'm sick of the same four people blowing up my home page or feed or whatever.

Just started getting into Dr. Who (Season 4)
    Long-time video game nerd, especially the classic, boring ones like Fallout 2, FFIII, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, etc. (just got The Sky... all of the concept art for final fantasy!)
    LOTR
    BOOKS! (I teach English)
    Probably too much to name, like most of you.

Also a movie, food, beer, wine and music lover! New favorite album: "...Like Clockwork" by QOTSA
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Ordered badge ribbons for my conventions this year. Very much hoping I fit into my Moment costume for my con in 2 weeks. If not, it will definitely fit by my con in July, and then I'll get it taken in for my con in November.

13898863158_c4cdfabe03.jpg

This will be my second DW cosplay. I did my first last November. I was Molly O'Sullivan, who if you don't know, should immediately google, along with Big Finish. That costume is now too big, so I'll be getting it altered to wear it again, although I think I'll wait until the fall when I'm closer to my goal weight to do that.

Any other DW cosplayers in the house?

When I get to where I want to be my husband has agreed to take me to my first comic con (he REALLY doesn't want to go!) & I will proudly be dressing up! I've never been comfortable enough to dress up & be around that many people before :ohwell:

I have never been to a Con, and I REALLY want to go. Maybe I'll start researching South Dakota and see if they have any...

South Dakota is but a short hop away from the Twin Cities. CONvergence is held over the 4th of July weekend every year and was my introduction into the world of cons. I went for one night to the parties with a friend, and now I go all out - costumes every day, volunteering, the works. I look forward to it all year. It's a wonderful bunch of geeks and nerds who love anything and everything. You've got anime, fantasy, sci fi, books, movies, tv shows. Panels on every topic under the sun. An interesting mix of guests. Free rice bowls. Movies screened around the clock. Room parties thrown by different fan groups each night. Tons and tons of people in costume. I love it.

Also, it's not too bad of a drive to Chicago, for Chicago TARDIS, which is held Thanksgiving weekend. All Doctor Who, all the time.

Closer to home, looks like there's at least one - http://www.sdcon.org/
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I've never done a Doctor Who cosplay, but I love cosplaying! Just got into it last year. So far, I've done 00 Gundam and Full Metal Alchemist.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    French? Totally clicked on this expecting a Doctor Who fan and was not disappointed. Check my photos for my wedding cake topper ;)

Massive nerd, Star Trek, Star Wars, massive Who fan, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, BSG, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape etc etc. Love my nerd stuff!!
    WOOOOO! I love Buffy and Angel, Spike is the BEST!:glasses: :heart: :love:

YAY Buffy the Vampire Slayer! I just watched the whole series over again on Netflix. Man... such a good series.
  • Nerdybookworm1990
    Nerdybookworm1990 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are all fantastic :'D
  • oOoBLUEoOo
    oOoBLUEoOo Posts: 40
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mmpe6iAJjY1qz4rgp.gif