Out of interest - howmuch exercise do you do in a week?

Options
Out of curiosity I guess, and something to measure from.. how much exercise do you do a week? and what type of exercise?

Thanks
HB :)

Replies

• lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    1.5-2 hours of lifting - mainly high-rep compound lifts at the moment
    2 hours of cardio but upping that to 3-4 hours - jogging/mountain biking
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Probably 3 to 3.5 hours of lifting, maybe an hour total of HIIT, 6 or 7 hours of walking/hiking, and about 3.5 hours of foam rolling/stretching/mobility work. So 13 to 14 hours a week spent on some form of training.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    60 mins/day 6 days a week minimum..try to walk loads on top of that as well :)

(30 mins strength training/ circuits and 30 mins jogging)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    30 to 1h of cardio 6 days a week - running.
    Body weight training (Calisthenics) 5 days a week for around 20 min a workout.
    Stretching for about 20 min every day.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    4-5x a week: cardio 3x a week(includes runs or HIIT class or TRX class), strength training 2x a week.
  • media2law
    media2law Posts: 13
    Options
    I HAD been doing an hour a day of cardio and weight training three times a week but that was before the stomach bug. Now that I am better I am getting back into the flow - but slowly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i'm doing P90X3 at the moment, so 30 minutes 6/7 times a week.
  • danidaggers13
    Options
    I do around 1 hour a day, 5 days a week of HIIT. Sometimes I do an hour of cardio (running and jump rope) at the weekend
  • J_Cuso
    J_Cuso Posts: 9
    Options
    I do a HIIT routine on a bike 3-4 days a week Then I lift 6 days a week. I've read you shouldn't lift and do HIIT on the same day but I really don't care I workout the way I want to workout.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    About ten hours of lifting, and maybe an hour of cardio D:
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an at home exercise plan for half an hour a day (give or take), 6 days. It includes cardio, strength, body weight training.
  • f1redshoes
    Options
    All-in, it usually works out to be at least 20 hours. I'm a dancer, though, so that's pretty standard ;)

It's mostly dance (classes, rehearsals, practice at home), a little bit of gymnastics, sometimes some extra walking or jogging.

That total doesn't include stretching, which is another 3-4 hours a week most of the time.
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an at home exercise plan for half an hour a day (give or take), 6 days. It includes cardio, strength, body weight training.

I will be upping that in a couple of weeks, but life is a little hectic for me right now and I can't spare more than a half an hour unfortunately.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Before my appendix was removed earlier this month (oops!) I was doing 30 minutes a day, 4 times a week, split evenly between walking on an incline treadmill and doing bodyweight and light dumbbell workouts through Youtube (love the Fitness Blender channel). My next goal is to get to 30 mins 5x/week. After that? We'll see!

And for what it's worth, I didn't exercise regularly at all until this past October, and I kind of hated exercising up until very recently. Now I...actually look forward to it? It's weird and exciting!

ETA: This is all done at home, fwiw.
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How do you guys fit it all in?
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    4 times a week.

Upper Body Heavy
    Lower Body Heavy
    Off
    Upper Body Lighter
    Lower Body Lighter
  • kupster76
    Options
    I am going to start with - I am not nor will I ever be a gym rat. I go in do my thing and get out. That being said, I tend to work out 4-5 times a week between 45 and 60 minutes. I try to vary my workouts so I don't get bored. One day I may do a water aerobics class (which is 45min at my gym) and the next day I may do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. Then my next work out would be a yoga class. So my suggestion to you is to make a plan and make sure to keep changing things up - this is good for both your body and your state of mind.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Lift 3 days a week, cardio on the other two days. Rest one weekend day, one week day.
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    just 3 times a week.. for 45 min to an hour. no cardio
  • aprilwellsjohnson
    Options
    1.5 Hours Weighlifting and about 20 miles running per week. If the weather is nice I walk the neighborhood with my daughter before bed too.