Out of interest - howmuch exercise do you do in a week?

Replies

• AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    I do 5 days a week- mixture of kickboxing, HIIT, Spin, weights/resistance training. Occasional yoga (which I need to do more of!)

Usually adds up to about 6 hours per week. If I add in bootcamp or yoga or a jog, it is 7

Plus I walk to and from work (and really everywhere- NYC living/no car)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Depends on what you consider exercise. I do 1.5-2 hours a week of organized, shut the door, nobody bother me while I lift, workouts.

However, I am going up and down stairs all day long every day, and I walk 1.5 miles every day during lunch. There are various other activities I do that I would consider workouts but don't log as exercise. For example, right now, I'm laying bricks in my front yard. That is some hard work.

Edited for clarity.
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    60-70 mins in the gym Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings at 06:30 comprising of 30-40 mins Cardio (usually treadmill / rowing) and the rest weights / resistence.

Then - daily 3-5 mile walk of the dog in the evening 7 days a week.

One longer run at the weekend....
  • Snapshotgirl
    Snapshotgirl Posts: 57 Member
    How do you guys fit it all in?

I get up before dawn, eat a quick breakfast, digest quietly for a few minutes and I begin. I keep going until I have to stop to get ready for work. I hate getting up early but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member

I started small. 20 minutes, two times a week, then expanded from there. I also work out at home though, so that cuts down on travel time. I also multitask- I watch TV shows I want to catch up on when I'm on the treadmill.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    4 hours of lifting, 3 to 4 hours of running or walking, anywhere from 3 to 10 hours of hiking or snowboarding or other outdoor stuff depending on the season and some warm up/recovery time in there too.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    1.5-2 hours of 5x5 strong lifts, 1.5-2 hours of crossfit, and a few hours (2-3) of cardio. Cardio goes up in the summer when I can swim.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I run five times per week, one long session of 2-3 hours, one short easy pace of about an hour, 3 threshold orinterval sessions of up to an hour.

Two sessions of cycling or rowing, 2-3 hours if the former, an hour if the latter.

Sometimes a couple of bodyweight sessions.
  • cmazurek85
    cmazurek85 Posts: 99 Member
    6 days a week. I lift for 3, do cardio for 2 (no lifting) and hot yoga on the last day. it took me about 2 months to build up to this schedule. On my lifting days I will also do some cardio (30 mins or so.)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    About 6 hours of lifting, 2 -3 hours of biking, 30 minutes-1 hour of boxing, and gobs of hours walking and doing "stuff" because I rarely sit.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Just been at this a month so still in the building phase:

M - 1 hour with trainer - 10 - 15 min cardio warm up
    T - Rest Day
    W - 1 hour with trainer - 10-15 min cardio warm up
    Th - 30 min treadmill/30 min treading water
    F - 60 min treading water
    S - rest or hike or 30 min treadmill/30 min treading water
    Su - 60 min treading water
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    1 hour of boxing on Thursday, and a fair bit of walking. This is usually guaranteed in my week.

Flexible:
    I try to get in a couple lifting sessions a week (at home in my basement)
    I try to get in at least one two mile run.
    Sometimes I swim.
    Sometimes I do zumba at home on my wii.
    I often have a crap load of yard work to do... shoveling, raking, mowing the lawn.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    It varies depending on the season, I coach soccer and baseball and the two overlap by a few weeks. During the overlap I practice with them 4-5 days a week 2.5 to 3 hours a day, otherwise we practice 3 days a week.
    I do my own workouts 3-4 times a week for 1.5 to 2.5 hours and then on the weekend (when I don’t have a sprained knee) I run on Saturdays (after our games) and recently I started to play a pickup game of soccer on Sundays anywhere for 1 to 3 hours, hopefully when my knee heals enough I'll be back out there. My personal workouts consist of HIIT, KB routine, weight training, and an elliptical machine stint or two.
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member

I get up before dawn, eat a quick breakfast, digest quietly for a few minutes and I begin. I keep going until I have to stop to get ready for work. I hate getting up early but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Ah id like to do that as im a morning person, but I already get up at 5.45am on workdays. Struggle in the evenings sometimes, unless I go to the gym on the way home first.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    6-7 days a week of cardio ranging from 9 minutes riding my bike to running 5 k on the elliptical (in under an hour), and everything in between. I also try to lift for 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a week. I don't always do that, though.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    4 mornings in the gym for weight work (usually 1 1/2 hours). 2 evenings for run (strength or speed training, usually 3 - 6 miles). 2 evenings for cycling (25 miles or less). Saturday is long run day (8 or more miles). Sunday is long cycling day (25+ miles). Thursday is my rest day.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member

Single and no kids, which helps a lot. I also just prioritize it over things like happy hour and television.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    I lift 3 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour each
    I do cardio at least 4 days a week from 45 minutes to 3 hours, depending on how much time I have to spare. I'm a distance runner and I LOVE long runs and can't wait for marathon training.

i also walk 50 minutes a day over lunch, sometimes get extra runs in at lunch (about 40 minutes if I'm running so can change, cool down, etc) and try to get in extra activities like just dance, bike rides, walks etc as needed at home.

I wake up early every single morning. I get stuff done every minute of the day. On top of work, I'm in school so right now I'm busy from 5am until when I go to bed aroun 10:30. But I love it. Honestly, once my semester is over I'll likely try to get more "fun" workouts in with my daughter - bike rides, swimming, jump rope etc.
  • jewol
    jewol Posts: 74 Member
    About an hour per day on average -- mostly running, some walking and occasional lifting.
  • anywhere from 50 minutes or more, 5 times a week, depending on what the schedule allows me.