Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I was both drunk & friendly & being inappropriate & I don't feel bad at all
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    New Years Eve on the way home my hubby says
    " that guy was hitting on you all night "
    I just thought he was drunk and friendly lol

hubs tells me this often. I'm always like no just being nice and chatty
    even my buddy Drugstore Wolverine he thinks is always flirting...definitely not he's just a weird nice guy but whatever
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    JONZ64 wrote: »
    I haven't gotten hit on since I've gotten married... I do get strange, vaguely left-handed compliments/passive-aggressive insults from men once in awhile but I chalk that up to social awkwardness, LOL. Before meeting my husband, I was very rarely hit on. I think I exude a natural repellant or something.

Funny how that works, before I had a ring on my finger I was rarely hit on, once I had it I got hit on twice as much lol

I've heard of single men who wear a fake wedding band to go out to clubs because they get more attention from women when they wear one!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten hit on since I've gotten married... I do get strange, vaguely left-handed compliments/passive-aggressive insults from men once in awhile but I chalk that up to social awkwardness, LOL. Before meeting my husband, I was very rarely hit on. I think I exude a natural repellant or something.

Funny how that works, before I had a ring on my finger I was rarely hit on, once I had it I got hit on twice as much lol

So your experience is opposite of mine... well sort of... I went to "very rarely" to "nothing". Interesting. Maybe it's different for men?

• JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

So your experience is opposite of mine... well sort of... I went to "very rarely" to "nothing". Interesting. Maybe it's different for men?

I think so, at least it has been my experience. Its not like I was hit on a lot, but it did increase after I got married, of course it ALL fell off after 50 lol
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    wow... that's depressing. So now I can look forward to falling into "negative hitting" in a few years. I will be able to stand in the middle of a crowd and actually lessen the chances of THEM getting hit on.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    wow... that's depressing. So now I can look forward to falling into "negative hitting" in a few years. I will be able to stand in the middle of a crowd and actually lessen the chances of THEM getting hit on.

Who knows, a lot college kids are dying their hair gray, so maybe that's a sign that seniors are seen as sexy :) NOT that you're a senior but we all will be one day
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    So, like today... I got three women to look my way with disdain... so I am going with YES, all the time :P
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Yes. But I'm too nice. My boyfriend tells me guys aren't use to women smiling and being nice. I'm nice to women and men, janitor or CEO, elderly and young, even the grouchy. My mom was always nice to everyone, we would leave the grocery store and she would talk to everyone. I'd ask, 'mom, who was that, and old friend?' my mom - no, i don't know but weren't they nice. LOL **not saying you're not nice :wink:
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I never do or have. I've had points where I've flirted to try and get it back and I get nothing. It's actually a contributing factor to why I weigh over 300lbs now.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options

Who knows, a lot college kids are dying their hair gray, so maybe that's a sign that seniors are seen as sexy :) NOT that you're a senior but we all will be one day

I'm getting close... I'm a senior on the inside.

• PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    Meg_Megz wrote: »
    I got hit by a door today

WOO-HOO!!! lol
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    The lady at the bank asked me for my bank card earlier...but the WAY she asked...she was checking my balance.
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    a waitress hit on me at lunch today, she was super sweet, and took my order with hungry eyes. I had to get out of there before she asked me for my number~
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    a waitress hit on me at lunch today, she was super sweet, and took my order with hungry eyes. I had to get out of there before she asked me for my number~

The struggle is REAL.

• Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • Aclaire88
    Aclaire88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I get attention from men each time I go out socially (bars, social clubs & events). I'm happily married so it's not for trying. :flushed:

My friends comment on it a lot, they find it funny but annoying and we've asked male friends about it and their answer is usually along the lines of 'cute & blonde' or having a 'girl next door' look. Not every guy goes for that type.

Things that might help girls (who want to) get hit on:

- Environment! "The club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go!" E.S
    - Being Blonde
    - Having a baby face (genetics)
    - Having a small - med build (also partially genetics)
    - Don't overdo makeup
    - Dress nice/cute but not "sexy" (massive heels and a mini dress might be intimidating?)
    - Be cofident, happy and smile
    - Don't try

Attraction is shallow but if you're friendly & polite you're more approachable. Whether these men are actually worth your time is another question!!

Any thoughts?
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    no
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    ACHynson wrote: »
    - Being Blonde
    - Dress nice/cute but not "sexy" (massive heels and a mini dress might be intimidating?)

Tried the Blonde Hair and the mini dress once....I guess I should have gone with a lower heel huh? :DB)
  • PrincessTinyheart
    Options
    ACHynson wrote: »
    I get attention from men each time I go out socially (bars, social clubs & events). I'm happily married so it's not for trying. :flushed:

My friends comment on it a lot, they find it funny but annoying and we've asked male friends about it and their answer is usually along the lines of 'cute & blonde' or having a 'girl next door' look. Not every guy goes for that type.

Things that might help girls (who want to) get hit on:

- Environment! "The club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go!" E.S
    - Being Blonde
    - Having a baby face (genetics)
    - Having a small - med build (also partially genetics)
    - Don't overdo makeup
    - Be cofident, happy and smile
    - Don't try

Attraction is shallow but if you're friendly & polite you're more approachable. Whether these men are actually worth your time is another question!!

Any thoughts?

Well, some of this is things that we can't help... I'm tall and somewhat big-boned and definitely do NOT have a baby face, so that eliminates chicks like us, LOL. As for being blonde, I can tell you that most of the men I've been attracted to have favored brunettes and redheads so YMMV on that one.

That being said, when you consider the fact that I very rarely got hit on before I was married, your post is probably 100% right on the money :)