Dr. OZ Detox

Options
I am planning to do the Dr. Oz 3 day smoothie detox next week. I have never done a detox before, but I have been feeling tired and just nasty lately and I feel like a detox is my best solution. I don't really want to got to GNC to get a detox, I'd rather just do the smoothie one because then I know what I'm putting into my body.
I have read some reviews on it and a lot of people are saying that they lost around 4 pounds while doing it. Is that something that I'm going to gain back right away? Or if I continue with my working out and calorie counting will it stay off? I weigh myself every Friday morning, and I am at a loss of 12 pounds and I feel like if I lost those 4 and gained them back right away that would be very discouraging to me and I don't want to mess up my roll that I'm on, because I'm feeling pretty good!
Also, does anyone disagree with the smoothie detox and recommend something from GNC?

Replies

• sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Forget the smoothies and eat at a deficit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no just no
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    No to the detox (what are you detoxing from??) and if recommended by Dr. Oz NO NO NO and NO!

Log your food, reasonable calorie deficit, remember weight fluctuates.

But you do NOT need a detox and please do NOT listen to Dr idiot I mean Oz
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    All fruit smoothies do is make me hungry. That said, not everyone has that issue, and I can't see why you shouldn't try it unless you're diabetic or something. It's just fruit. You won't die or anything.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I don't want to mess up my roll that I'm on, because I'm feeling pretty good!
    If your plan is working why would you mess with it by doing a detox?
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do the Dr. Oz 3 day smoothie detox next week. I have never done a detox before, but I have been feeling tired and just nasty lately and I feel like a detox is my best solution. I don't really want to got to GNC to get a detox, I'd rather just do the smoothie one because then I know what I'm putting into my body.
    I have read some reviews on it and a lot of people are saying that they lost around 4 pounds while doing it. Is that something that I'm going to gain back right away? Or if I continue with my working out and calorie counting will it stay off? I weigh myself every Friday morning, and I am at a loss of 12 pounds and I feel like if I lost those 4 and gained them back right away that would be very discouraging to me and I don't want to mess up my roll that I'm on, because I'm feeling pretty good!
    Also, does anyone disagree with the smoothie detox and recommend something from GNC?

Confused.... which of the above is accurate? IMO, cleanses are unnecessary. As the other poster said, eat at a deficit.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I wish someone would detox Dr. Oz. so he could just shut up.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It seems like the better option would be to identify what it is that's making you feel bad and make long-term changes to keep it from happening again. Instead of a quick fix that's only going to solve the problem in the short term.

The 4 pounds you're likely to lose with a cleanse/detox like this will be water, and yes, most of it will come back.

Detoxes don't get rid of anything that your body isn't already processing.

And, Dr. Oz is a quack.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    This should be fun, IN!

OP, why would you listen to anything that comes out od Dr. Oz' mouth?

Rigger
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In!!!

:laugh:

OP: Just NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh mercy. No to detox and noooooooooooooo to Dr. Oz. And no to looking for some other magic potion at GNC. No to all magic pills, powders and supplements. Just eat right and exercise.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Better off taking advice from the basketball player Dr. J. than Oz
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wait, let me get some popcorn and beer before this goes any further. :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Feeling tired and nasty is a reason to eat nutritionally dense foods, not a reason for a smoothie. (well, unless the smoothie has meth in it :laugh: )

FWIW, if you ingest any toxins, your body has organs to eliminate the toxins naturally, and free of charge. Save your money and eat nutritious foods. Stay in a calorie deficit and be patient.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Next week Dr Oz will probably promote the candy bar diet.

eat a candy bar, any candy bar, 3 times a day and you will lose weight!!

Sponsored by Snickers of course..
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    And, Dr. Oz is a quack.

QFT

Dr-Oz-Quack.png

tumblr_mjjye3y4WQ1s2zadpo1_1280.jpg