What if I don't really care?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Why are you here, then? :huh:
    Well, we're all here for the same reason, of course.

It's not "My Weight Loss Pal." If she wants to focus on fitness with 15 extra pounds, that's none of our business.

I don't care that I'm overweight right now. I'm working on becoming stronger, and I'm eating like someone who wants to become stronger, not someone who wants to be not overweight. That hardly means I'm less than I could be or that I need a dose of self-respect.

Why do her priorities have to be your priorities?

Did you read the OP? She can't seem to stick to any priorities, whether they are fitness or weight loss related. Seems to be a general lack of discipline, not that she has different priorities.

That was my perception as well. If she were truly 100% content with where she is right now, she wouldn't be here asking this question. As I said in my post, it's not about some universal standard of attractiveness (i.e. size 2, looks perfect in a bikini). It's why is she okay with not TRYING to be the best she can be? And I believe not trying to get to a healthy weight is exactly that: settling for less. A reasonable person could say 15 lbs isn't a huge deal, but 15 lbs and an attitude of "I don't care" is likely to become 30 or 50 or 100 lbs later on, to say nothing of the other areas of her life that will deteriorate because of this idea that it's okay to stop trying when things get difficult.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I think you want to lose the weight, but dont care enough to want to do something about it. I have been like that my entire life..i did not look bad, but was not at a very ideal weight either! But something changed after having my daughter and it has to come from within yourself :) I am still working on it, somedays better than others :)
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hey I don/t care bitsh
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    good by