Scary event at a Tough Mudder

Options

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    This is why you should bring a gun, a knife, and pepper spray with you to all TM events.

I thought it was why you should stay home, in your basement, and board up all your windows.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think I missed something

OP is the guy in the blue shirt...

...the guy that was being chased, intimidated and threatened.

yes

Then you missed nothing and are fully up-to-speed on everything you need to know to suggest that OP take drastic steps to be better prepared to deal with this kind of assault.

OP, perhaps next time go backwards so no one can sneak up on you?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This is why you should bring a gun, a knife, and pepper spray with you to all TM events.

I thought it was why you should stay home, in your basement, and board up all your windows.

Can't you just do the equivalent of a TM on your treadmill in the basement? Assuming it has an incline feature, of course.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Can't you just do the equivalent of a TM on your treadmill in the basement? Assuming it has an incline feature, of course.

If you have a mini-trampoline (which I do) then you are in business!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^ really the above are good suggestions. i just bought a nice mud masque and can slather that one before heading down to the basement and jumping on the treadmill, also I just remembered I have an inflatable kiddie pool that I can put some masque and water into. i think I'm set.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You gotta keep a kit in your trunk to deal with this Dope....

Essential items:

Duct tape
    Rope
    Chloroform
    Wheelchair
    Shovel
    Gloves (unless you wanna get busted for fame)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Essential items:

Duct tape
    Rope
    Chloroform
    Wheelchair
    Shovel
    someone who got busted for not wearing gloves would not get fame, that's a rookie move. DNA or GTFO.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

If you have a mini-trampoline (which I do) then you are in business!

This would of course be the safest route.

However as a woman, I can't really run without my uterus falling out.

And I hear its not manly for dudes to run.

So maybe staying in bed is the best option.

Plus, TBH, going into the basement alone? What, do you have a death wish or something?
  • SapiensPisces
    Options

Essential items:

Duct tape
    Rope
    Chloroform
    Wheelchair
    Shovel
    someone who got busted for not wearing gloves would not get fame, that's a rookie move. DNA or GTFO.

*Makes note to add gas can, bleach, and matches to the special trunk kit.*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    nvm
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options
    WAIT, I remember this guy! I tried to get away from him

8hoti.gif

but the creep FOLLOWED ME.

8htdx.gif

Honestly I didn't think he would be able to swim.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

8hoti.gif

8htdx.gif

I think I laughed harder at this than is probably kosher. Whoops.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options

8hoti.gif

8htdx.gif

YOU GUYS!!! bahahahaha!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    So, the point you are trying to make is that although most people think that no one cares about them or thinks about them or considers them important. The reality is that people (on mfp anyway) will think about them daily for weeks and months and never forget them, bringing them up over and over, to the point of almost obsession. Like in every aspect of their lives and activities they are thinking about these people. Creating no new or original material, and never moving on. Wow, that's super duper fun.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    So, the point you are trying to make is that although most people think that no one cares about them or thinks about them or considers them important. The reality is that people (on mfp anyway) will think about them daily for weeks and months and never forget them, bringing them up over and over, to the point of almost obsession. Like in every aspect of their lives and activities they are thinking about these people. Creating no new or original material, and never moving on. Wow, that's super duper fun.

In a social context that span cultures and shared experiences the on-line community creates common concepts, called memes (in the sense of easily understood contextual ideas that are shared by a group - not necessarily cat gifs). These memes have resonance and a lifecycle - the original person that posted isn't being referenced and is pretty much lost to the idea - here, that sometimes fear of the stranger might or might not be reasonable. It becomes part of the social common reference and variation IS the novelty.

Or perhaps "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Options
    I do this to mock a stereotype: The black guy behind you is big and therefore scary; you should live in constant fear, men should lift and not run, etc. These are attitudes seen daily on MFP. Sometimes, something super memorable and hilarious pops up (like mini-trampoline), and it is referenced in later threads.

Of course, when you have to explain the joke, it loses the funny.
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    boy-that-escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Were you perhaps.. Doing what your username suggests your like to do? :huh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Or...........it could be that people like to enjoy themselves, kid around, and have fun? Maybe? Just maybe?