Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    JackNicholsonLaughing.gif
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    8 minute abs video services and a Suzanne Somets thigh master, combine with a shake weight should get you a 6 pack no matter what shape you are in, in approximately 6 days. Maybe just 3.5 to 4 days if you really work hard
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    go to the store every week and buy two beers a week...save at the end of 3 weeks you will have a SIX PACK! :drinker:

^^This ...
  • tjohnoconnor
    tjohnoconnor Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have seen people get a six pack by leaning up against a fence and spray painting their abdomen in less than 15 seconds. You have lots of time.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get a 6 pack in 3 weeks. If you wanted abs, you should've started 6 months+ ago. It takes a while to build muscle.

You can start by focusing on abdominal exercises though:

Flat bench lying leg raises
    Decline reverse crunch
    Hanging leg raises
    Swiss ball crunch (weighted)
    Weighted cable crunch
    Russian twists (weighted)
    Weighted cable crossovers
    Decline oblique crunch
    Lateral flexion with medicine ball (over head)
    Lateral flexion with medicine ball (twist)

Ah the old spot reduction myth. Love when that shows up.

Maybe I misread it but I didn't take the poster as saying it was for spot reduction but to help build muscle...or am I wrong for thinking that doing exercises that focus on the abs help build the ab muscle...not lose the weight but tone up the ab muscles...am i right or am I wrong? I'm still learning the ins and outs of what is fact and what is myth with some stuff.

Specifically targeting the ab muscles, especially with such a long list of exercises, is generally pointless. A decent routine with compound lifts gives the core plenty of work. But irrespective of that, the advice is just... not appropriate to the OP's goals.

OP needs to lose fat in order to get visible abs. 10 different ab exercises aren't going to accomplish that. Calorie deficit will accomplish that. And she needs a whole-body lifting routine to preserve the muscle she has, including core muscle. She won't be building any muscle while in a calorie deficit.

Ah ok, that makes sense.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    8 minute abs video services and a Suzanne Somets thigh master, combine with a shake weight should get you a 6 pack no matter what shape you are in, in approximately 6 days. Maybe just 3.5 to 4 days if you really work hard

not-sure-if-serious.jpg
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Also:

SixPack.jpg

Came here to post this. I'll throw in this one instead:
    muddf.jpg

The whole office is laughing about this...

Late - but in.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    alright people you know you are all gonna get in trouble for not being supportive of the OP...someone will post "wow rude people all she did was ask a question, why so snarky and rude with all the silly gifs"

Now be good....and post more gifs this has been entertaining...

Edited cause of typo you can see on the next page cause jonny delighted in laughing at it...:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    96582ec23b177d968cae4ecce3ed12c7.gif
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    im curious as to why you need a six pack to go on holidays.i assume its to help you attract the women.not going to happen its not you.be yourself find one who likes you for what you are you will get along much better.happy hunting
  • SezxyStef
    Options

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

when it's this bad I usually assume yes and they just forgot /sarcasm...*crosses fingers*
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    alright people you know you are all gonna get in trouble for not being supportive of the OP...someone will post "wow rude people all she did was ask a question, why so snarky and rude with all the silly gifts"

I want gifts! :laugh:

Seriously though. The OP's SOP seems to be "copy and paste some nonsense I saw on Yahoo without quotes or attribution and see what happens."
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation and need a 6pk. Need good suggestions

My suggestion would be don't worry about getting a six pack.

Eat and exercise sensibly in the next few weeks.

Enjoy your holiday.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i'm afraid it doesn't work like that

if you eat at a deficit - you may lose some of the fat covering hte muscle you already have
    you will need to watch your protein intake to make sure you don't lose muscle
    you will need to weight train to tone and strengthen the muscles you have

but you can neither spot reduce fat or build muscle on a calorie deficit

if you really want a six pack in three week you'll have to buy it at the convenience store

but instead, why not get fitter and healthier in three weeks and enjoy your holiday
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I just heard a miller lite commercial that their introduction of light beer spawned all these fitness crazes. So, blame all the fitness fad crap on ****ty beer...
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    alright people you know you are all gonna get in trouble for not being supportive of the OP...someone will post "wow rude people all she did was ask a question, why so snarky and rude with all the silly gifts"

Seriously though. The OP's SOP seems to be "copy and paste some nonsense I saw on Yahoo without quotes or attribution and see what happens."

I only do food gifts...you up for homemade pie/bread/sticky buns/cookies/squares/jams/pickles/salsa/cake etc?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I only do food gifts...you up for homemade pie/bread/sticky buns/cookies/squares/jams/pickles/salsa/cake etc?

Casey already sent me a box of homemade cookies. They were amazing. Think you can do better? ;)
  • SezxyStef
    Options

Casey already sent me a box of homemade cookies. They were amazing. Think you can do better? ;)

my sticky buns are the size of a grapefruit made with real butter, brown sugar and baked until it all melts together into one gooey mess...about 500-650 calories each without icing...but well worth it...even my freak of a dieter sister eats them...so if not better just as good...

*crap now I have a craving*
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Stop by the liquor store and pick one up, then!

damn beat me to it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    muddf.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPyzdw2LhsM

Scooby from http://scoobysworkshop.com/ did fake infomercial based off this product.

Sorry but 6 pack is a long term investment. If it were possible to (legally) get a 6 pack in 3 weeks everyone would have one.

Watch the infomercial for some lols.

Based on the picture, isn't this technically a 12 pack? There are 12 squares and all...