Weighing daily - secrets I've discovered

Options
123457»

Replies

• toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my weight daily for some time and plotting it on an excel chart. I know that my weight fluctuates so I decided to log daily so I could see patterns that emerge - it would help me do the right thing day after day.

I added my calories to help with pattern recognition after a few weeks
    Then I added exercise
    Then my water consumption.
    Then my macros instead of just calories
    Then categorised exercise as weights vs. cardio
    Then quality of sleep - then quantity

After several months of logging I've concluded that:
    - protein shakes and cardio on tuesdays lead to a weight loss as long as I have less than 7 hours of restless sleep.
    - however if I have brocolli or it's a full mooon then my weight goes up.
    - If I lift heavy on a Tuesday then I will gain weight the next day but lose weight on Friday as long as I don't have scrambled eggs on Wednesday - having them on Thursday is ok as long as my chicken salad has cherry tomatoes.
    - 4 cups of tea a day are ok as long as they're from my Mr Tickle mug, if I have them from the blue mug then I'll gain weight.

I think I need to put this down in a secrets of weight loss book, this stuff is gold dust, I could make a fortune from this scientific research.

Awesome post...just awesome.
  • evangelene12
    evangelene12 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my weight daily for some time and plotting it on an excel chart. I know that my weight fluctuates so I decided to log daily so I could see patterns that emerge - it would help me do the right thing day after day.

I added my calories to help with pattern recognition after a few weeks
    Then I added exercise
    Then my water consumption.
    Then my macros instead of just calories
    Then categorised exercise as weights vs. cardio
    Then quality of sleep - then quantity

After several months of logging I've concluded that:
    - protein shakes and cardio on tuesdays lead to a weight loss as long as I have less than 7 hours of restless sleep.
    - however if I have brocolli or it's a full mooon then my weight goes up.
    - If I lift heavy on a Tuesday then I will gain weight the next day but lose weight on Friday as long as I don't have scrambled eggs on Wednesday - having them on Thursday is ok as long as my chicken salad has cherry tomatoes.
    - 4 cups of tea a day are ok as long as they're from my Mr Tickle mug, if I have them from the blue mug then I'll gain weight.

I think I need to put this down in a secrets of weight loss book, this stuff is gold dust, I could make a fortune from this scientific research.

You're funny Steve, but you are a bit fat aren't you?

@ the last comment : I'd take a bit of fat over outright meanness anytime!

@ Steve2kay : Thank you for a hilarious post. It's great to keep things in perspective while trying to battle scale anxieties. :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

You're funny Steve, but you are a bit fat aren't you?

@ the last comment : I'd take a bit of fat over outright meanness anytime!

@ Steve2kay : Thank you for a hilarious post. It's great to keep things in perspective while trying to battle scale anxieties. :)

For the 5th time in this thread (wish I hadn't said anything now!) I was paying homage to Steve's young lad!

If you check out Steve's profile you will see that his inspiration for losing weight was the following:

My 7 year old son said to me... "mummy's not fat is she? and I'm not fat, and you're....well you're lovely...but you are a bit fat aren't you?"

I merely paid homage to this delightful anecdote

Steve himself has also commented...
    It's from my profile, no offense taken.

I have absolutely no idea what Steve weighs, whether he is fat, skinny, enormous, muscly, short or tall - means nothing at all. I saw his cycle helmet and looked at his profile where I saw what his lad said

How come so many people saw my 'mean' comment, yet failed to see the half a dozen explanatory ones???
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Posts like these make me love MFP even more. Thank you, Steve!

And Wonderob, I don't think you need to defend yourself anymore. You've done well so far and people should really read all the comments. When I read your original comment, I assumed it had to be either from his profile or y'all were MFP friends, and took it as friendly banter. Unfortunately, many people think the worse when on public forums.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Posts like these make me love MFP even more. Thank you, Steve!

And Wonderob, I don't think you need to defend yourself anymore. You've done well so far and people should really read all the comments. When I read your original comment, I assumed it had to be either from his profile or y'all were MFP friends, and took it as friendly banter. Unfortunately, many people think the worse when on public forums.

Thanks cs - in fairness to those that commented, there are an awful lot of mean things said on MFP so I guess it's understandable to some extent

No harm done though so all is good now - shame to let anything stand in the way of this funny thread though so I'll bow out!
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Funny! I know you jest, but I have to say that I actually think sometimes, "I'll monitor everything, and see if I can find a pattern" with my weight fluctuations, but how can you monitor everything??!! You can't. That being said, I lose weight when I eat a mega-load of raw veggies, pound H20, and avoid eating after 6:30 p.m. I gain weight when I blink.
  • treveneann
    treveneann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i discovered drinking with a tickle me Elmo works the same as using the tickle cup.
  • newsharonkay
    newsharonkay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love this. Made my day. Thank you!:glasses:
  • oxsarahhxo
    oxsarahhxo Posts: 51
    Options
    i believed you til the cherry tomato thing then it hit me. thats funny
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should eat your broccoli with cauliflower LOL.
  • powerpigeon
    Options
    Does the Mr Tickle mug only prevent tea from making me put on weight, or does it work for other things? Could I eat icecream or cake or drink a lot of wine, and not gain anything, as long as it was from the Mr Tickle mug?