What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    melodylou wrote: »
    I've been hovering between Misses and plus size clothes for a couple of months. I've kind of been at the point where I'm not really sure what size I am; I mean in tops they all look "fine" to me. But yesterday I realized I need to stop wearing clothes that are too big. I went coat shopping, and when I stepped into the "Women's World" (the name cracks me up. So, the ladies who wear misses sizes aren't 'women'??) section the saleswoman looked at me funny and said, "Honey, these are plus sizes." I said, "Well there can't be much difference between the XL and the 1X." I tried on a coat and right away my companion said, "Oh that is too big." And the saleswoman said, "That's what I thought. You did not look that big to me." To me it looked "fine", so i guess I need to have other sets of eyes to help me see where I am! And now it is time to bag up and donate my 1X clothes!!!

I LOVE this one...happened to me about a year ago for the first time, and even the 3rd and 4th time it happened I kept thinking "this is a fluke, I still wear 1X" hahaha.

Then eventually I was side-eyed rudely in Torrid and not at LOFT, and I knew I wasn't plus anymore ;-)

My latest NSV is buying a vintage leather jacket and a lady working in the store said, "No one who tries that on is ever the right size for it, and I thought when you walked in that you would be perfect!" (not that it's small, it's a ladies large, but it's very old and cut kind of narrow and long so for me that was amazing)

• groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I started spinning on my own bike for short periods of time last week. The first time I had to take a break after 5 minutes because my legs burnt so badly! Yesterday I did 20 minutes no break and if I would have had more time I could have kept going! I also just started up again on MFP last week and have worked out more than I planned and stayed under my calorie goal every day!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I wish mpg had a like button for posts because I like all of these! Well done everyone!!

This was my exact thought!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day back at a job I was laid off from just over 2 years ago. Almost everyone had to do a double take when they first saw me, to make sure it really was me!
  • mewilmes
    mewilmes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I walked over 3 miles in one day.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    dstirratt wrote: »
    Hit 10,000 steps on my Fitbit for the first time yesterday!

Congrats! :D (*)
  • ErinK09
    Options
    Jennilyn76 wrote: »
    I was one of the 5 success stories posted in the New Years MFP newsletter today :)

That's cool!
  • ErinK09
    Options
    I got in almost all of my steps today by just using the treadmill we bought.
    I love it.
    I know people say that it will turn into a clothes hanger (I wish they wouldn't!) but people underestimate my love for walking. :)
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    yesterday marks 10 lbs lost and today when I ordered a salad at Subway I said no to crutons and when asked 1 scoop or 2 of avacado spread I said 1 :)
  • ErinK09
    Options
    I haven't had any beef for the last 3 weeks.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Was ID checked at the pharmacy this morning. The clerk said the pic did not look like me. I said that was me almost 100 pounds ago. She had to have her supervisor check me also!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a new winter coat around Thanksgiving. It was too small (bought it online) and I couldn't even zip it up. I decided to not return it and instead use it as a motivator. Well, I wore it today and it fits like a glove. *happy dance*
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I wore my skinny jeans that have been in the back of the closet for a bit. I could get them on, but felt, and looked, like a sausage ready to pop! Well, I put them on Saturday and zipped them right up. Holy WOW!! They're not loose, but they FIT!! Wore them all damn day :D
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of 'normal' width knee high boots instead of having to ask for the wide ones! :D
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    New deadlift PR today of 240! I've only added them in along with my kettle bell routine about 2 months ago.
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sharon5913 wrote: »
    No chocolate or added sugar for 48 hours... baby steps.
    I like that goal, I have been thinking about it too. I believe I will feel better without it.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Today I could sustain 3.5MPH on the treadmill for two minutes (and probably more if I was going longer) AND a mile on the elliptical on resistance 4.
  • Fit4aLatte
    Fit4aLatte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wore my dress pants from 12 years ago to my husband's Christmas party this past weekend, and though they were snug, they weren't too tight!
  • ErinK09
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Was ID checked at the pharmacy this morning. The clerk said the pic did not look like me. I said that was me almost 100 pounds ago. She had to have her supervisor check me also!

Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!