What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just completed an hour and fifty minute hike with some major hills. I'm tired but I didn't have to stop. The hike was almost 6 miles, but it's a beautiful day and had views of the ocean, so yeah, pretty happy right now. :)
  • beckibelgium
    beckibelgium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just sent myself to bed at 9pm so I don't eat anything else today just under my calories for the day 11left and don't want to mess up on a 9 day streak been under once and spot on once lol
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Started my faster-running training today. Did a 4 minute/km pace, but only for one km, because holy carp that's strenuous. Gonna try to do a May 5K in 20 minutes. Should get me top 3 for my age.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Timby1 wrote: »
    Just completed an hour and fifty minute hike with some major hills. I'm tired but I didn't have to stop. The hike was almost 6 miles, but it's a beautiful day and had views of the ocean, so yeah, pretty happy right now. :)

I am so jealous of this NSV right now! It was 2 degF when I woke up this morning to go to work. Rock on with 6 miles!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Students I taught last year (80 pounds ago) didn't recognize me, and starting talking about this other lady who used to teach them. I was like "that was me!" They couldn't believe it!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Decided to go for a run today, and ran 5k for the second time ever. I also did it 1:30 faster than I did it the first time! (~38 min the first time, and ~36:30 today)
  • Crafty_Fraggle
    Crafty_Fraggle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today I stuck to the plan and did not give in to the temptation to mindlessly eat.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Today I did a headstand in yoga class and it was my first time attempting this move. The instructor helped me with both tries, but each time I got better. The first time she held my hips, the second time she only held one of my ankles. Yay!

And last night I did my first pole sit. I also nailed the fireman move back bend combo, which I struggled with last week.
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Logging in everything I ate today, even though I had "bad food" for lunch - normally I'd just skip logging or log something else as if it didn't happen. But I'm 100% honest with myself this time. *breathes in*
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Students I taught last year (80 pounds ago) didn't recognize me, and starting talking about this other lady who used to teach them. I was like "that was me!" They couldn't believe it!

omg!! congratulation, that's so aweswome :#
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »
    Logging in everything I ate today, even though I had "bad food" for lunch - normally I'd just skip logging or log something else as if it didn't happen. But I'm 100% honest with myself this time. *breathes in*

This is why you WILL succeed. Keep going!
  • lawlifehanna
    lawlifehanna Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I visited the shop to buy snacks for my lecture today, for the third time this week. This was also the third time this week I did not buy a fresh-from-the-oven cinnamon bun, even though they smell delicious and they are placed so that you HAVE to walk past them to get to the produce section. Instead, I bought mandarin oranges and a Skyr (an Icelandish high-protein yoghurt thing, it's low-calorie deliciousness).
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Tightened my belt 1 hole (a month ago I was about ready to let it out 1 hole instead...).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got called to be on the sub list for Aqua fitness at a really nice city gym.
  • kaylabean92
    kaylabean92 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The dark stretch marks I had on my sides are almost completely gone! :)
    And I've been watching calories for only 3 weeks!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I bought some new clothes today and they were all 14's and one 12, when I started I was in 20's. I went thru my shorts drawer and they were all huge on me, when I wore these all summer and fall. These last 15lbs have made a huge difference. I bagged most of them up for DAV.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone 2 NSVs for me At lunch my coworker went back for a scone and asked me 3x if I wanted one. I turned it down.

I had gentle yoga right after work. After supper I did a half hour on my bike Yay me!
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Setting a PR on Bench Press: 315 lbs for two reps. It has been at least since years since I have bench pressed 315...and I could only do it once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZreImAuqWo
  • spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Neighbor complimented me on my weight loss and a new acquaintance described me as little.
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    Setting a PR on Bench Press: 315 lbs for two reps. It has been at least since years since I have bench pressed 315...and I could only do it once!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZreImAuqWo

HOLY CRAP that's so impressive! Good job you!

My NSV is that I avoided chocolate all week. I did binge and have some last night, but my binge was only half of what I would have binged on about a month ago. I was hungry when I came home from the gym, and my protein shake didn't fill me up. So I ate that chocolate. Next time I'll have healthier snacks available. But I didn't beat myself up after that binge! Just keep trucking, realize how far you've come, and make better decisions in the future.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!